Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what kind of modern is this?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default what kind of modern is this?

I was testing the Ebay water and "accidentally" won this pachinko machine!001.jpg Cost about $175 with shipping, probably not bad for a modern; but I'm into the vintages. It only pays out 4 balls per jackpot, unless you hit a fever, in which this door opens, and you win like crazy!023.jpg Is 4 ball jackpots normal or do I have a tight machine? Is the payout adjustable? I had a problem last night with a DING DONG alarm that made me think hopper empty was malfunctioning. Hopper was full, alarm went off when I wiggled this part005.jpg That made balls payout every time I wiggled it, and alarm stopped. It also started paying out after, as it would play music and spin reels but no 4 balls while alarm sounds. I knew to look for an error code, and found this display004.jpg Bad pic but I didn't know how to remove cover(probably wasn't a good idea either). It is a single digit numerical display that showed a dash in the middle. There is a chart explaining what the dash and what 0-9 means to anyone who can read japanese! Since it is working I assume the dash (which is 1st on the list) means all fine. Any translation of error codes would be great, unfortunately sticker is small and on clear plastic and don't photograph well. Here are some other pics002.jpg003.jpg016.jpg011.jpg What does this plug do?007.jpg There are smaller ones to the left, different colored, and labeled; you guessed it NOT English. Can't post any more pics on this post, but that is enough questions for now. Any help would be great! I can fix almost anything on a vintage, but if anything goes wrong with this one, I am completely lost!

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: what kind of modern is this?

that is a normal payout setup for a modern and no, you can not change the odds or the payout. the alarm was the warning that the lower payout tray was overfull, basically it is a "yo, you, empty the tray!" alarm. when the alarm is going off it holds payouts so the balls don't jam in the machine, shifting the machine would settle the balls or removing balls from the tray will allow it to start paying out again. The plug in your last pic is the card reader interface with a bypass dongle attached. If that is not on the plug it will disable the shooter knob not allowing you to play the machine. You would attach a daverob dongle there to make the display and buttons on the front work and let the ball loan system work more like it works in a real parlor.
    the

LLTR

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The payout cannot be changed.The big door that opens during a bonus win usually paysout 15 balls for each ball that goes in.The small part that you jiggled might be a ball shut off,and thats why the balls won't payout ,see if it stays openby moving it one way or another. That big white block that is plugged in is the dongle, the machine won't work without it,That controls the ball shooter and the rest of operations of the machine.With the front glass open in the upper right corner of the play field there are numbers like 4 or 15 or maybe other#s, I can't tell by the photos, but somtimes the lower pockets on the playfield payout higher, you can find out by opening the glass frout and drop balls in them and count the ball that return in the front tray.You may have a ball jam by the ball counting mech ,thats why it didn't payout and error sounded. I hope this helped you. I am sure someone else will be along to help too.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

6. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

008.jpgYes it does say 4 & 15. Near the colored dots to the right it also says: 1/356.33 and 20/40. You are probably right on the big door = 15. I suspect the 2 lower pockets may also be 15 because only 1 way in & nothing ever falls in. I haven't tested by dropping in yet, because glass is so difficult to open! I used a flat screwdriver to reach a difficult spot to release the glass. You can't see what the screwdriver is pushing in the above pic, you can't hardly see when looking at it with a flashlight. Surley there is an easier way! Does each one open different, Or all the same? I have to relearn what I did before each time I try! If the slot reels pay 1 out of each 356 times as I suspect the # on right side mean, does this reset when unplugged? 010.jpgThe lion in the middle usually appears, when plugged in each time the reels spin and this window scrolls. possibly to inform parlor owner they aren't stuck. I haven't noticed it move during play.030.jpgThis is at top, maybe its name? Looks like this may open, not sure how, or if I'll ever need to. Other than to satisfy my curiosity!013.jpgActually, upper and lower ball trays appear to be hinged and therefore somehow open.001.jpgThis display blinks back and forth between 00 and --, might have something to do with a fever.017.jpgThis one counts down,4321 with each pay. since it don't keep track, I don't understand why it has 3 digits. 006.jpgOf course I'll never use these! Below this is a small chrome momentary toggle switch that doesn't appear to do anything when pressed. Of course it has a purpose. there is also a black plastic sliding switch. Not sure if it is momentary, or what it does. Before I moved it(with a full ball tray), I thought maybe it is a ball dump switch! So I left it alone!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats!
    You have a CR Mouretsugaoh CR Wang Fang CR猛烈牙王 Newgin Pachinko Machine. I got the same thing. Check out my album for some pics.
    Here is a vid of mine.

That front bottom right counter is for when your out off balls. It will say how much you owe up to 999...after that it displays --- but still counts. Watch counter in video during fever.
    Ur attachment pic 39873 is where a battle counter plugs in.
    Last edited by WOEII; 04-05-2011 at 04:48 PM.

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to WOEII

Thanks
    Thanks Received

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to WOEII

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you should be able to open the glass door by turning the key to the left, that should unlatch it

13. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No key,no lock cylinder. Linkage on backside kind of buried. I will figure some kind of rig because I plan to mount it and others flush in my gameroom wall.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sometimes the pachinko parlors bend the nails so the balls can't go in the lower pockets, so look at the gap between those nails, you willsee they are closer together. you can bend them out a little to let a ball go through. be careful with the screw driver, we don't want anything to brake do we.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No cylinder lock can make it pain to open the machine up . I have see some machines where a hole has been bored in the wood frame to reach the door latch. to lift it with a screw driver. once the main door is open you can see how the glass door locks work. thats just a thought,how to open the door.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've seen that done before. I'll have to be more creative because it (they) will be flush mounted in a wall with no rear access. I know I"ll figure something out, I was hoping for something simple like on the vintage machines. You know, like why I like my 1970 Camaro better than my 2003 Montana! Also thank you Blind Shooter for the info, video, and link for more info! Have you figured out what the 2 upper displays do? the one on the left just flashes 00 & --, While the one on the right mostly flashes 1, the other, or both dots; and has a single digit numerical display that occasionally displays a 0. This is great stuff, but my passion is still for the vintage pachinkos. I don't see myself buying any more moderns, They cost so much, and I just don't enjoy them as much as I do the old mechanical ones. I am really excited about the antique ones, you know, the ones that nobody seems to have seen before. Seems even they are cheaper than popular moderns. I would like to know what a battle counter is. Is is simply a ball counter with an exciting name? Thanks everyone! You've been a great help!

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could hinge the wood frame to the wall cabinet so the entire machine opens, then you don't need a key. just a thought

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Have you figured out what the 2 upper displays do? the one on the left just flashes 00 & --, While the one on the right mostly flashes 1, the other, or both dots; and has a single digit numerical display that occasionally displays a 0. This is great stuff, but my passion is still for the vintage pachinkos. I don't see myself buying any more moderns, They cost so much, and I just don't enjoy them as much as I do the old mechanical ones. I am really excited about the antique ones, you know, the ones that nobody seems to have seen before. Seems even they are cheaper than popular moderns. I would like to know what a battle counter is. Is is simply a ball counter with an exciting name? Thanks everyone! You've been a great help!
    Nope, but I got a hunch it might be for borrows. The back of the unit inside top ball track does not payout balls and it was explained they are borrows and possbly to deal with the credit card system. Also that yellow and red button I believe are part of the same thing because they are non functional. If we did not have that dongle we would prolly be in trouble.

Here is a pic of an average battle counter.

It goes on top of the machine. It displays your machines stats as well as the other machines in the parlor. All networked into one. Pretty neat.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe the newer one's are networked, but that one works only on the machine it's connected to.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

YOSE "You could hinge the wood frame to the wall cabinet, so the entire machine opens, then you don't need a key." (By the way, how do you do the quote in a balloon thing?) Yes, that seems to be my current preferred method, as the hole in the frame would not be accessable. This is my only modern and I'll probably keep it that way. they just don't have the charm of the older machines. But this one fills a void in my timeline, so it works.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    By the way, how do you do the quote in a balloon thing?
    Just click on "Reply With Quote" on the bottom right (in the light grey strip) of the post you want to quote!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    once you click on the "Reply with quote" you can edit there post as well.. deleate sections or even put words in there mouth
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    but it is not a nice thing to do
    the

LLTR

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that I have found a lock cylinder (Thank you Candyflip!), I thought I would link my lock adventures here: Help with modern lock

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tried adding volume controls to this machine now that it works again. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...ken-apart.html
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1478382477000.jpg Only 2 speakers below the payout tray, and the wiring harness unplugs. The easiest way was to solder in while removed. KINDLE_CAMERA_1478388127000.jpg plugged back in and epoxied the pots to the front. Guess I should have tested before I epoxied them, because it don't work right. The one on the right has no effect...and the one on the left shuts down one speaker, and drastically reduces the volume on the other.
    These are the same pots that I had no sucess with on my Biohazard pachislo. So maybe it is the pots, and not the Biohazard machine. I plan to buy Mopars favorite ones off of eBay someday. They come in a pack of 6, so I'll have enough for this machine and Biohazard...with a pair left over.

32. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast