Okay fellas,
I bought these tokens off Ebay...they are the
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I received them today, but to my disappointment, the majority of them do not fit my .984 mechs in either of my Pachislo machines or my arcade cabinet.

I contacted the seller and he sent this response:
"I'M SORRY BUT THESE ARE THE .984 SIZE TOKENS. I SOLD LOTS OF THESE AND NO ONE ELSE HAS COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SIZE. MUCH THANKS RICK"

...and later on...

"TRY OPENING YOUR COIN MECHANISUM BY TURNING THE SCREW ON TOP CLOCKWISE ON YOUR COIN MECHANISUM. MUCH THANKS RICK"

I responded with this...

"Rick, did you actually test every one of these tokens prior to sending?

IÂ’m sorry, but I do not have good news. I experimented a little with your tokens and was surprised to find that a few actually were passing through. I decided to run all 500 of those tokens through my .984 mechs to determine exactly how many were affected. I was able to get only 104 through cleanly and the other 396 did not. I must say, this was not the way I would have liked to have spent my evening.

IÂ’m not sure who you got these tokens from, but they are not all .984 size. The majority of the tokens are too thick to pass. I have attached 6 pictures which show an obvious discrepancy in the tokens that worked and the tokens that did not.

I stacked two stacks of ten tokens (that did not work) and placed them on the left.
Then I stacked two stacks of ten tokens (that did work) on the right.

As you can plainly see, there is an obvious difference in thickness with the tokens on the left. On my Pachislo machines, itÂ’s not that they wonÂ’t fall through the mechs, itÂ’s that they donÂ’t even fit through the coin feeder. I have to use an butter knife just to pry them back out.

Rick, IÂ’m sure we can come to an agreement as to how we can resolve this. For instance, if you would care to send me ~400 replacement tokens, I would be happy to mail you back the ~400 that did not work. If that wonÂ’t work, I would suggest a refund and I will mail you back all of the tokens. The shipping details of such a transaction are open to discussion.

I want to emphasize that IÂ’m not trying to be difficult. I just expect what I paid for. Let me know, thanks."

I'm going to try and work with him on this...but does anyone else find my complaint realistic based on what I've shown or am I totally off base?