Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ARCADE & SLOT MACHINE TOKENS QUARTER SIZE .984 500 PCS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default ARCADE & SLOT MACHINE TOKENS QUARTER SIZE .984 500 PCS

Okay fellas,
    I bought these tokens off Ebay...they are the
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I received them today, but to my disappointment, the majority of them do not fit my .984 mechs in either of my Pachislo machines or my arcade cabinet.

I contacted the seller and he sent this response:
    "I'M SORRY BUT THESE ARE THE .984 SIZE TOKENS. I SOLD LOTS OF THESE AND NO ONE ELSE HAS COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SIZE. MUCH THANKS RICK"

...and later on...

"TRY OPENING YOUR COIN MECHANISUM BY TURNING THE SCREW ON TOP CLOCKWISE ON YOUR COIN MECHANISUM. MUCH THANKS RICK"

I responded with this...

"Rick, did you actually test every one of these tokens prior to sending?

IÂ’m sorry, but I do not have good news. I experimented a little with your tokens and was surprised to find that a few actually were passing through. I decided to run all 500 of those tokens through my .984 mechs to determine exactly how many were affected. I was able to get only 104 through cleanly and the other 396 did not. I must say, this was not the way I would have liked to have spent my evening.

IÂ’m not sure who you got these tokens from, but they are not all .984 size. The majority of the tokens are too thick to pass. I have attached 6 pictures which show an obvious discrepancy in the tokens that worked and the tokens that did not.

I stacked two stacks of ten tokens (that did not work) and placed them on the left.
    Then I stacked two stacks of ten tokens (that did work) on the right.

As you can plainly see, there is an obvious difference in thickness with the tokens on the left. On my Pachislo machines, itÂ’s not that they wonÂ’t fall through the mechs, itÂ’s that they donÂ’t even fit through the coin feeder. I have to use an butter knife just to pry them back out.

Rick, IÂ’m sure we can come to an agreement as to how we can resolve this. For instance, if you would care to send me ~400 replacement tokens, I would be happy to mail you back the ~400 that did not work. If that wonÂ’t work, I would suggest a refund and I will mail you back all of the tokens. The shipping details of such a transaction are open to discussion.

I want to emphasize that IÂ’m not trying to be difficult. I just expect what I paid for. Let me know, thanks."

I'm going to try and work with him on this...but does anyone else find my complaint realistic based on what I've shown or am I totally off base?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love those two-color bi-metal tokens. I even went out of my way to purchase more of them.

That said, they do NOT work in my Don Don King. They jam -- almost all of them. The outside ridge is too thick. They DO work on the rest of my machines, though. (I haven't tried in the Giga Fever, but like the DDK, bet they don't work in that.)

The answer to this? Buy MORE machines to fit these tokens! :lol: :lol:

Or, at the right price, I might take 'em off your hands? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

(They do work in Dragon Dice.)

Yeah, I know you didn't want to know that. :-?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Slotter,

They don't work in either my MP, DDK, or my (brand new) .984 Happ mechs on my arcade cabinet.

Where's the consistency? 104 are okay and ~396 are too thick? What sense does that make?

Atleast the Pachislot777 tokens are consistent in their width. I did have an E-1 error over the weekend on my MP (during a bonus) using only the Pachislot777 tokens BTW...But, not everytime as before when I was using a mish mosh of Pachislot777 and Milt tokens.

We'll see how this fella wants to resolve this...if he doesn't want to work anything out...you and I can work out a deal, because I don't want them. There's no sense (for me) in keeping 100 tokens of one style around.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    (They do work in Dragon Dice.)

Yeah, I know you didn't want to know that. :-?

Ugh... :cry: You prod me once more. 500 in a DD are not going to be enough.

I'm about to spring for my 3rd mudroom endtable (online) before they are ALL gone. If only I could find a reasonably priced DD now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are these the two tone tokens? If so, I will be happy to take them off your hands. They work well in most of my machines so I just segregate them and I am happy.

I think they look really nice. Too bad they have a thickness problem in some machines. I would also be willing to make a trade of the newly minted copper-like tokens or used silver or brass Japanese tokens.

Let me know what you want to do and I am sure we can make an equitable deal.

The response you got from the dealer sucks, by-the-way!

Lemme know. ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

EVH347 How about $299 with 1,000 of the two tone "lippy" tokens, factory keys, extra bulbs and $69 for shipping. Then you'll have 1400 lippy tokens to use in the sweetest machine around!

And for you Spooner... 500 two tone lippies for $36, delivered to your door!! Just call me the giver today

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, and to think that I was eyeing to win another two auctions for him. Little did I know that not all .984 tokens are same. It would be just my luck that the two machines I have won't accept them.

I'm willing to part with these with for what I paid ($31.02) plus the shipping to whereever. I would trade for Pachislot777 tokens (or something similar) as well. PM me if interested.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That even worse than those big lipped one that were floating around ebay last year.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, I am surprised by the difference in the pictures!

I wonder if some parlors use the tokens and only have machines that accept them????
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yup, to pria-toryize for them only.

Or those could be show tokens, given out only at trade shows.
    That way they can't work in machines in the halls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, I know what you mean about consistency and some working and some not. I can literally tell when I pick up a token if it will work or not by the feel of the edge ridge. Didn't have to look to know it wouldn't drop. All those "fat" tokens have been moved away from the Don Don K.

I wish this discussion had come up a few days earlier as just I purchased more bi-metals from Republic Industries. I have LOTS of tokens now or I'd buy those you want to get rid of. Looks as if Spooner wants 'em, though! :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No one going to take Zcore up on his offer of a Dragon Dice with 1000 bi-metal tokens for $299? I've been holding off because I believe it is one of the machines he has in his game room and I didn't want to take it away from him. But now that he's actively pushing it..... Hmmmm.... Somebody buy it before I talk myself into it. With 5 in the house right now, I'm not sure how it would go over.

On the tokens, I got 1000+ with the IGT Rattlesnake I got from Zcore. They seem to work great in IGT machines. I ran a few through my Yamasa machines as well, but I'll have to check again since there was a negative report on compatibility with the Magic Pulsar. They definitely do not work in my Olympia, Sammy and Aristocrat machines. They seem to be about the thickness of a nickel. Maybe these could serve as a test to see which mechanisms can be successfully converted to nickels. But that's another topic :-)
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Zcore's $299 Dragon Dice is a decent price, evh... :wink:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't worry about me CW... my Dragon Dice and Spin Luck are not leaving my house. I'm offering the SWEET Dragon Dice to people here first before I put them on Ebay. Anyone who has one knows the quality of Dragon Dice. It's a whole different level of machine than 99% of the others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â… talk you intoÂ… Â… Â…

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ZCore13
    Don't worry about me CW... my Dragon Dice and Spin Luck are not leaving my house. I'm offering the SWEET Dragon Dice to people here first before I put them on Ebay. Anyone who has one knows the quality of Dragon Dice. It's a whole different level of machine than 99% of the others.
    So do you have this DD ready for me to come pick up? :-) How long do we need to wait for evh before we set up an appt. :-)
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

HOLD ON FELLAS...just FREEZE.

Did somebody just offer me a DD for $299? Zcore? :-o

DONE. All others...cease talking. MINE! MINE I TELL YOU!...you have ENOUGH pachislos. Spread the love for cripes sake.

PM me the details or email me Zcore.

I'm going on Target right now to order my mudroom table. :grin:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did not realize that the thickness of the token made a difference in the coin mech. On my Babel the diameter makes a difference. That coin mech can be adjusted. But of course I only have one machine and it is set up for quarters and tokens. (AL's Piggy Bank)

All of my brass with silver inlays are from Republic Ind, they are thicker then the all silver mix tokens.

You learn something everyday.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by evh347
    HOLD ON FELLAS...just FREEZE.

Did somebody just offer me a DD for $299? Zcore? :-o

DONE. All others...cease talking. MINE! MINE I TELL YOU!...you have ENOUGH pachislos. Spread the love for cripes sake.

PM me the details or email me Zcore.

I'm going on Target right now to order my mudroom table. :grin:
    Hahahaha!!! But, now we have to find one for Czyotto!!! :wink: :lol:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast