Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: want to build mame cabinet or table

Sandwich Shooter heavyguitarman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: want to build mame cabinet or table

Im sure alot of you all know, but just in case you dont, theres an adapter called super dual box pro that allows you to use two
    ps/2 controllers with a pc to test games. Before I got the ps3, I thought it was the best pc game controller option available.

Sandwich Shooter ironworkerdalton's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The guys at this sight, XXXX In 1 Modification Site should be a big help to you. My self, I have a snk neo goe candy 25 arcade, running the jamma system. I got my arcade form, Arcade Games about half way down you will see it. I have a high def flat screen that I had them install for me, great guys. I realy like this arcade becouse it is only 25 inches wide and easy to move from room to room. The jamma system I have I got from, Arcade PCBs - JAMMA PCBs - 1069-in-1 Games Family Multigame JAMMA System - JAMMABOARDS.COM - JAMMA Coin-Op Arcade Game Parts - 1069-in-1 Games Family Multigame JAMMA System get it with the new KE version along with the intel P4. What I love about this is when he has a new version all I have to do is only buy the preloaded hard drive. If you are looking for info information about these japan sitdown style cabs, or thinking about getting some thing bigger than a 25, here is a nice information sight about them. hardMVS: Japanes Cabs
    A little off topic, if your are looking for the best looking pc old style pinball game with new tables comming out every week, you must get this. Future Pinball Here are some of the tables and places to go to get more, ALL FREE. Future Pinball
    HAVE FUN

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ironworkerdalton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cool looking japanese cabs ill check these sites out for ideas, thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was looking into building a MAME machine for a winter project and stumbled across a beautiful freshly completed one on Craigslist 2 weeks ago that was too good to pass up. While I didn't build it I got the full lowdown on the build:

-Gorgeous 1990 Leland Ataxx cabinet with custom MAME marquee (huge one on this cabinet)
    -22" dual input CRT with dark tinted plexi bezel that turns totally black when off
    -New coin doors and lights
    -Boston Acoustics speakers and dual input subwoofer with remote volume control
    -X-Arcade BYO kit and buttons with 2 player config using 8-way sticks with no trackball but has side pinball buttons. The -Tankstick was way too big for this cabinet so this was all custom
    -AMD 2400+ PC, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD (full - loaded with all the ROMS and CHDs), NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400, wireless -b/g running Windows 2000 Pro
    -AtomicFE MAME front-end I wasn't familiar with AtomicFE but it's a really cool front end worth checking out.

I have noticed that people have ignored my pachis a bit and I had to remove one of my wall cabinets to make room for it.

For a laugh, I would also suggest checking out this site if you haven't stumbled across it to get an idea of what not to build. I think he's pretty harsh on some of them but a few are truly horrendous. What is this CRAP?

6. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to deton8r

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by deton8r View Post

For a laugh, I would also suggest checking out this site if you haven't stumbled across it to get an idea of what not to build. I think he's pretty harsh on some of them but a few are truly horrendous. What is this CRAP?
    I couldn't stop laughing...That is the funniest thing I have seen on the net since TJ's dance video. Very Cool!
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I finally drew up some plans for my new mame table, Im gonna try to make it look nice for not alot of money. Im waiting for a reply on ebay for a new product I've never tried, and now starting a cost sheet for wood, controls, etc. Im waiting for my Christmas bonus to start this project (about 2 weeks). I also should be close to done with my pachi cab this weekend that got put off because of "Halen the terror"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ipac questions: I want to run 2 players, 6 buttons each, and 2 joysticks each. Does that mean i need Ipac 4? Also, looking at the pic of the Ipac 2, I see up, down, sw, left, etc. (i assume these are jstick connections), but I dont see where the buttons are connected? Thanks anyone who can help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heavyguitarman View Post
    I also should be close to done with my pachi cab this weekend that got put off because of "Halen the terror"
    Ya gotta love puppies!!!
    Dawn

11. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wifes gonna reciprocate this new found joy and get me a new tablesaw for my project. I've never had one before. I sure could have used it earlier. But im excited! Did you notice neither one of us knows what day Christmas falls on?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ipac questions: I want to run 2 players, 6 buttons each, and 2 joysticks each. Does that mean i need Ipac 4? Also, looking at the pic of the Ipac 2, I see up, down, sw, left, etc. (i assume these are jstick connections), but I dont see where the buttons are connected? Thanks anyone who can help
    With the ipac two, you can have one joystick and 8 player buttons for each player. When I bought mine, I got the Ipac 4 so If I ever decided to add players 3 and 4, it was there to do so( and I did). With that said, you can get the Ipac4, and have two players with two joysticks and 16 buttons each...the ipacs are totally programable for whatever layout you want. OR, you could have one player with 4 joysticks and 32 buttons.

Imagine the Ipac as a keyboard. if you hook up every control and button, open up notepad or word, and start moving the joysticks,and buttons, you will see that each control has it's own letter...l,d,h,q,v,ENTER, SHIFT...etc.

So, How does that work with the games? Every Rom has it's own set up menu. The default settings are all the same for the roms...but they are aslo customizable. you can tell the game to use the joystick as four directions, and the fire button can be programmed to another joystick direction as well.

Well, I rambled on there a little. I hope I didn't confuse the situation.

(Go for the Ipac 4)
    Last edited by Youngjedi; 12-05-2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Youngjedi

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heavy,

What size monitor are you looking to use.

I built mine with a 27" presentation monitor and it works great. All of the games work and look as they should. The monitor is capable of low res CGA all the way to SVGA.

I found it on e-bay and it was only $50. These were use in conference rooms before projectors and LCDs got cheap.

I looked into the HAPP monitors but for the price difference the pres. monitor was the way to go for me.

Just a word of warning...I did the final build in my basement and found out once it was put together there is no way to get it back up the steps. It was too wide.
    Rocky, King Camel, Terminator, Popeye, Sindbad Adventure, Super Blackjack, Babel, Death Valley ---- Pinball Machines: Star Trek TNG, Black Knight 2000, Theatre of Magic, Mystery Castle, Starship Troopers, SlugFast, Firepower, Baywatch, Checkpoint, Grand Prix

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to fast toys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was gonna try to save some money and use a 19" monitor that is monsterous (like alien's head), but since im making the plans, I can make it work. And also thanks for the info Jedi, you'll be hearing from me sometime in the near future. It looks like my controls alone are gonna run close to $170. I need 4 joystics because I'm only having 2 players sitting at opposite ends and I want both players to be able to play robotron.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: want to build mame cabinet or table

If I ever get in gear I have this already wired for a neogeo

I have most of the parts, just not motivated enough to tackle it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

19. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cool thats one less thing you have to do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm only having 2 players sitting at opposite ends and I want both players to be able to play robotron.
    I understand what you mean with Robotron...Before I added the 3 & 4 player to play it correctly (2 joysticks) I programed the joystick to move the character and fire the gun. (Yes...one control can do many things). the problem was that I was only shooting in the direction I was heading.

Didn't work to easily.
    Youngjedi

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well parts list is up to $315 now, but if things go smooth, it will be very impressive for the price.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well after checking with ebay like Youngjedi suggested, my parts list can drop by about $30, and still the same parts brand new.
    Last edited by heavyguitarman; 12-06-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Finally got started ...couldnt wait for the bonus had to buy the lumber on credit ...I was itching to use my new tablesaw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

26. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to heavyguitarman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

remember...cut once, then measure twice!
    Youngjedi

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Youngjedi View Post
    remember...cut once, then measure twice!
    and then swear a plenty

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

30. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast