Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Sea Story question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Sea Story question

My last post of the day before I head to work (ok, I work at home...)

What is it abour New Sea Story Pachinko (and the Sea Story Series) that everyone (in Japan) is so ga ga about?

Is it the girl? Is it the ratio of payoffs? Is it the series of reaches (which I don't find especially exciting so far). I do like the "bell" on a pocket win though, it's reminiscent of the old style pachinko. It seems like they are/ or were everywhere and from what I was reading, very popular machines.

Please, someone in the know, do tell.
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Sea Story question

Japanese men love young Women and Fish
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I aint saying a word.....

nope.. Nothing..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you meant "raw fish" - sushi

But anything other than that? I mean, yes, when I'm sitting next to it playing another machine the attract mode does catch you eye and beckons... but mostly what you see is ... fish.
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's a combination of a few things:

1) Simplicity and complexity: 2 yokoku, 3 reaches but the gameplay is still complex enough for even the seasoned pro.

2) Theme: what is Japan surrounded by? Japanese people just love the sea.

3) Cute and simple graphics.

Sea Story (and its predecessor Gingira Paradise) has been the model of pachinko perfection since they have come out. They've been often copied in looks and feel but never in spirit. Even Sanyo's Wan Wan Paradise series (some of which use the same exact ROM as the Sea Story series machines) can't match the power of Sea Story and that says a lot.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can see more and more why it is favoured. So far it is my "loosest" machine. I don't really understand if there is gameplay beyond waiting for a matching number, but it would be nice to have a run - down of the reach signs (though I do see video clues once in a while).

One thing happened recently that I am unsure of that perhaps someone can shed light on. After winning a Big Bonus (it went to at least 13 rounds I think), the centre red light above the playfield started blinking (and hasn't gone off). I'm not sure what this means (I never noticed this light blinking before), except that the Start pocket's arms are opening a lot longer and way more often. More than the "Go" pocket wins would indicate. Is this some sort of "assistance mode" and is the Red Flashing light part of that signal? Would anyone playing this in the parlour leave a machine that had this red light blinking? (Or am I out to lunch and it's been blinking all along....)

Many thanks!

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

was it a big bonus (red numbers)?

Bonus ratio is normally 1 in 350, after a BIG bonus I think it goes to 1 in 70 till you get a Blue (reg) bonus.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think your machine is still in fever mode, more wins to come
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you all, I will keep playing it and see if another win is upcoming (the spins themself are in an accelerated mode too, like the machine is rushing to get to the next bonus). I guess if you were in a parlour you'd be glued to the seat of this machine until it payed out again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I too own a New Sea Story and wondered a few things, where can I find a manual/diagram for tech info on switch/buttons/error codes/ etc. what are the wire jacks on the back used for (speakers?) since it only has one speaker built in & is supposed to be stereo? Definition of game lights? Does the numeric LED display on the front of the machine next to the page buttons serve a function? and one final dumb question, anybody who has one of these, does your speaker "pop" twice after each sound/song before standby for next score? Sorry for so many questions at once but I don't get online as much because of work & any light u guys can shed would be loved!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Segaboy
    I too own a New Sea Story and wondered a few things, where can I find a manual/diagram for tech info on switch/buttons/error codes/ etc. what are the wire jacks on the back used for (speakers?) since it only has one speaker built in & is supposed to be stereo? Definition of game lights? Does the numeric LED display on the front of the machine next to the page buttons serve a function? and one final dumb question, anybody who has one of these, does your speaker "pop" twice after each sound/song before standby for next score? Sorry for so many questions at once but I don't get online as much because of work & any light u guys can shed would be loved!!
    No "Pop" on mine but I did put a volume control on it and the balls are the loudest thing now. The rest of the questions.. I would think the LED next to the page shows weather the page light is on or off.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yeah the LEDs could be a page notice but the one in the center has number segments? and whats up with the wire jacks on the back of the machine that looks alot like speaker jacks have you tried them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I too own a New Sea Story and wondered a few things ... what are the wire jacks on the back used for (speakers?)
    I haven't tested, but I would have thought for a Battle Counter and hook-up to the lights for indicating help call, etc. If anyone knows better, inquiring squids and shrimps want to know.
    since it only has one speaker built in & is supposed to be stereo?
    I think it's old enough to be a mono game, I haven't heard about external speakers since most of the manufacturers build a pachinko machine "guts" to accept new cells as the machines are replaced.

Definition of game lights?
    Me too please. the Top right red one (or is it both) indicate out of balls.

Does the numeric LED display on the front of the machine next to the page buttons serve a function?
    I beleive it is for the ball loan unit that would normally be built in next to the game.

and one final dumb question,
    There are no dumb questions.

anybody who has one of these, does your speaker "pop" twice after each sound/song before standby for next score?
    Oh sorry, I guess there are dumb questions.... Just Kidding! Mine too pops at the end of each sequence of sounds. It is the sound board cutting off power to the speakers I beleive (rather harshly), but since there's two of us reporting it, it's (we're) normal!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yeah the LEDs could be a page notice but the one in the center has number segments? and whats up with the wire jacks on the back of the machine that looks alot like speaker jacks have you tried them?
    I havn't tried mine . I was wondering the same thing. They look like the wire jacks for speakers. I don't want to be the first to try them. I think webserpa is right about the led next to the call buttons.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm going out on a limb without testing, but I'm a betting man and I'm going to guess they'r not for speakers, but to hook up to a Battle Counter or other lights and relays. Reason being, both my new stereo pachinkos have these as well. I stand to be corrected, however.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by websherpa
    One thing happened recently that I am unsure of that perhaps someone can shed light on. After winning a Big Bonus (it went to at least 13 rounds I think), the centre red light above the playfield started blinking (and hasn't gone off). I'm not sure what this means (I never noticed this light blinking before), except that the Start pocket's arms are opening a lot longer and way more often. More than the "Go" pocket wins would indicate. Is this some sort of "assistance mode" and is the Red Flashing light part of that signal? Would anyone playing this in the parlour leave a machine that had this red light blinking? (Or am I out to lunch and it's been blinking all along....)

Many thanks!
    Your machine is still in bonus play mode, it will remain looped that way (jackpot, bonus play, jackpot, bonus play, etc.) until you get a regular bonus. Most modern pachinko machines have that same sort of pattern.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So would a Regular Bonus be three blue numbers instead of 3 red numbers? (i.e. how would I recognize a Regular Bonus). Is ther ea Playing Guide for New Seas Story (English or otherwise)?

many thanks, you are all invaluable assets.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hi
    i am segaboy's wife. the ad for the new sea story pachinko said it came "with stereo sound effects"? ours only has one speaker so where are the stereo sound effects? btw here is the ad for the new sea story we purchased. http://slotusa.com/product/6839V
    Last edited by choirlady; 07-23-2006 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First, the jacks on the back are not speaker hookups. Don't hook up speakers to them. They are used by the parlors for the battle counters and such.
    Second, many vendors use creative advertising and will cut n paste descriptions between machines. If you only have one speaker then stereo sound effects is just that effects, not stereo sound.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't miss stereo on New Sea Story (it's not a stereo machine), God only knows that "start/spin" tune would burn a hole in your head if it was stereo...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast