Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pachinko wall mount/stand

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko wall mount/stand

Has anyone here purchased one of the wall mount stands from SlotsUSA? Are they any good? I know I can build one myself, but can't seem to find the time.
    Shine on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko wall mount/stand

Well I will tell you this.... Don't think you will save money doing your own build. I spent really the same ammount making my own as buying one.

SO... You have to do the build because of the joy of making it yourself. Not because you are going to save money!

Now if you made several, that's another story. I could certainly do my 2nd cabinet for 1/2 the cost after learning so much on my 1st build. Regardless, I really did spend over 100 bucks on materials/sand paper/paint and this doesn't even take into consideration all the time I spent sanding/painting/building.
    I can honestly say I put in about 24 hours of total time on the project. Mostly SANDING and more Sanding because I didn't have a router I did everything by hand! then Painted... sanded more... patched... sanded.... primer paint... sand with steal wool.... then 5 coats of final top coat.

WHEW ... i get pooped just thinking about all the work ... but I really am proud of it and now whenever I show off my machine I get to say I built that BAD A$$ cab with my own two hands....

The honest truth.... If I knew the total cost and effort going in... I would have just bought one!

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SChaos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Will all the supplies not including labor you can build one for roughly $20 ( a nice looking one too) also not including buying the tools. A table saw is really the only necessity!

5. The following user says "Thanks" to RKnarr01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello,
    Purchased my wall mount from slot-pachinko.com for my Star Wars machine. Great unit, very sturdy and easy to put up (comes with all hardware needed). Comes all together, I stained my unit a dark cherry wood and it looks great.....Delivered within a week.......

7. The following user says "Thanks" to jaiello

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

the slots usa stand with the funnel on top looks like the ones that another company made slotter has one of these and if you dont pm him im sure he will chime in at some point
    if they are made by that company for slots usa they are very good and i was considering inporting tham on a large number for the uk but if they are a cheap copy then i cant comment
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

9. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that's pretty darn good advice, SChaos. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

• Feet are cheap.

• Take ten minutes to stain.

• You game is totally movable.

• There's no holes in your walls.

• I think I'll spend my time mounting something besides a pachinko
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RKnarr01
    Will all the supplies not including labor you can build one for roughly $20 ( a nice looking one too) also not including buying the tools. A table saw is really the only necessity!
    I paid more than 20 on the paint I used ALONE! I spent about 20 on primer and metallic hammered Green.

I paid min 10/20 dollars for Sand Paper, Steal Wool, PVC tube and drain.

I paid about 40/45 bucks for the WOOD at home depot.

I also bought FILES to round my all my edges and corners by HAND.. that was another 20...

SO on the LOW side I could build another for about $70/80.00..

$20.00 would not even cover the cost of wood in my case... and that is pretty impressive if you can really build your case for such a low price...

Ill bet the user who bought the case and stained it.. paid about 10 bucks for Stain and Varnish
    Last edited by SChaos; 06-08-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I paid $30 for a 8'x4' piece of wood. both sides finshed, this is enough wood for 2 units. So $15, brad nails to hold it together $2/unit, and paint $3 unit. 3 coats of black paint. Yes initial costs are going to be more than $20 but cost per unit you can easily do for $20-25, i use a sand block which is $3 and will easily last for 3 cabinets so thats another $1/unit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One of the biggest advantages of a Pachinko in a cabinet is the upper ball holder and lower return bin. You can play parlor ready with all the payouts, etc. with a cabinet. Whether or not you mount the cabinet or use one free standing is up to you. I love my cabinets.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slotter

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SChaos

I paid more than ....

I paid min ...

I paid about ....

I also bought ...

... would not even cover the cost of wood in my case...
    And the result is Priceless!!

You got what you wanted, exactly the way you wanted it. The design, the fit, the finish, the quality are are all infinitly better than a mass produced item. Your's is a one of a kind and will forever be remembered as such. Elven built.

I think you got a bargan!!
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

18. The following user says "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have all the tools and am handy enough, but just finished remodeling our kitchen and installed new hardwood floors. I am currently building a new corral and barn so not alot spare of time for any other building projects.

Ran across this site last night after reading everyones post about cabinets.
    http://www.pachinkocabinets.net/cabinets.html anyone purchased one of these?

Nice looking cabinets and cheeper then any of the others I have seen for sale. I have the DRM Pachinko (orange) and think it would look great in one of these black cabinets.
    Shine on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These cabinets are great. I purchased on for my popeye pachinko and it is posted in the Museum. I also believe the Tulsa has used them numerous of times. If you do a search there are many threads about this vender. These cabinets were listed on e-bay frequently, but I have not seen them lately. The cabinets are custom and built to order, so you do have to have patience. It takes a month or so to get your cabinet, but well worth the wait. They are also members of this forum.

Absoulty would recommend this vendor. I would call them. A while back they were having some difficulty completing orders in a timely fashion.... I think they might of been moving or something. I am sure someone here will also chime in.

Jeff
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

21. The following user says "Thanks" to H20Dreams

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whether you build or buy one, line the funnel and the ball collection area in the front of the cabinet with rubber shelf liner to dramatically reduce the noise of balls on wood and save your hearing. Floor space in my game room was limited, so the wall cabinet worked out great!

23. The following user says "Thanks" to steam furnace

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by H20Dreams
    These cabinets are great. I purchased on for my popeye pachinko and it is posted in the Museum. I also believe the Tulsa has used them numerous of times. If you do a search there are many threads about this vender. These cabinets were listed on e-bay frequently, but I have not seen them lately. The cabinets are custom and built to order, so you do have to have patience. It takes a month or so to get your cabinet, but well worth the wait. They are also members of this forum.

Absoulty would recommend this vendor. I would call them. A while back they were having some difficulty completing orders in a timely fashion.... I think they might of been moving or something. I am sure someone here will also chime in.

Jeff
    Actually I think it is Slotter, not Tulsa that has used gameroom cabinets quite a few times
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I made the purchase from pachinkocabinets. Got my choice of colors and hardware. These look great and I saved some money. Thanks for all the opinions.
    Shine on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you will really like it. I looked at a bunch of different vendors and found gameroom cabinets to my liking. Just a great design. Makes collection of the balls and reloading much easier.

Congrats... but remember to have patience.

Jeff

27. The following user says "Thanks" to H20Dreams

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just received my cabinet from Pachinkocabinets yesterday. Yes it took over a month. I ordered on May 7th. I have to say that they are a great desgin though. I had to do some tweaking on the top loader because you can easily have balls flying everywhere if you overload. The cabinet does not mount flush with the top loader on my pachinko so you don't know when it is full and balls go everywhere. It was fixed with a toilet paper roll and some wood to block in the balls. Now it works great. The bottom holder is HUGE!!! It holds easily over 3K balls!!! Take the advice given earlier and line it with some rubber as it quits it down greatly and still works great. I also had to design a ramp in the bottom to keep the balls from hitting the cabinet as they fall. I just used some cardboard with duct tape.
    Overall I would give the cabinet high scores. It needs some tweaking but that is what makes it FUN! You get to do some mods of your own to make it just the way you want.
    Neo Magic Pulsar, King Camel, Rocky Pachinko,
    Top Gun Pachinko

29. The following user says "Thanks" to JVCJr26

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just received confirmation of order from http://www.pachinkocabinets.net/cabinets.html

"This is a conformation of order. This should be ready to send within a week to 10 days. I will forward the shipping info to you when its been shipped. Shipping takes 5 -7 days usually."

It will be nice to get my pachinko off of the airhockey.
    Shine on

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast