Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Spiderman 3

What is a good price on a Spiderman 3?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Spiderman 3

Do you have a pic of the machine?? How many balls come with the machine??

Oh, and..

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Do you have a pic of the machine?? How many balls come with the machine??

Oh, and..

WELCOME!!!
    Can you give me the price ranges from fair-good-excellent without balls and how much you value balls at and how many you recommend to come with the game? I looked here how much people paid for balls and it looked like between $0.02 to $0.06 per ball depend on what kind of deal they got on Ebay. It has a wall mount which I don't know if it comes with or not. I guess a wooden wall mount would be like $50 in value? I was trying to trade the guy an arcade game for it but he is wanting cash for x-mas. I have read around but the prices for specific machines seems harder to come buy than for arcades or pinball machines and with not having had pachinko before I want to be able to get my money back if it gets old or I want to trade or sell for something like Tom and Jerry, Matrix, Woody Wood Pecker, or Macros. I am wanting to pick one up because they look neat, my kid probably would like it, and I am mulling over the idea of programming a pinball machine (PROC) and pachinko has a lot of energy, and new ideas that haven't yet carried over to pinball.

One thing that I have to say ,though in comparison to pinball, pachinko kept evolving. If you look at pinball, it has been stuck with DMD displays for 25 years or so with the exception Wizard of Oz which has an LCD display but even at that the animation, display (no layered lcd displays to give depth), black glass lights, and moving toys (like the sell phone for the matrix or the dinasaur in jurassic park) are inferior in comparison. This probably is due to the fact that pachinkos are still huge money makers in Japan in contrast to pinball, which are on route largely for just aesthetic reasons like at hipster bars. Arcade machines make more, cost less, and require much less maintence than pinball. Anyways, they look like cool toys that have had all the bells and whistle thrown in.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you fill me on what to look out for too, when looking at a machine? What sorts of things are really hard to fix?

Thanks,

Doug

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pricing a machine is really a matter of opinion. There aren't any pricing guides to go by.

For myself, I would think it would be worth between $100-$200. I believe when the machine was first available from a dealer, it sold for around $300 and came with 500 balls and a warranty. A newer version of Spiderman is now available and can be shipped to your door for $375. http://akimono.herokuapp.com/products/144

How many balls come with it will also help determine a price. You will need at least 1000 for this type of machine. You can check for pricing. If the machine is in a wall mounted cabinet, having a key for it would make it easier to access the machine.

As I said, it's just a matter of opinion. You need to decide if it's worth trading your arcade game, no one can say for sure, except you.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There has been a few Spiderman models, I presume Spiderman 3 is the 'Venom' one? from around 2008 / 2009? (without a pic we can't be sure)

(I have a Spiderman 2 sometimes called Spiderman Neo and my son really liked to play that one)

The thing with pachinko is that it is such a niche hobby, these machines were never really designed to be in home use, so it is difficult to give pricing guides, I am in the UK where there are less pachinkos to be found, they are more plentiful in the USA, but pricing seems to be based a lot on where you live and people prefer to collect rather then ship them. Of course condition of machine will affect value and also the number of pachinko balls with it.

Welcome to PachiTalk!! You've started at the best place to get advice and help

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

I to am in the Uk, but prices vary on location, theme, amount of balls etc. Also if you find a spiderman fan, you might get more luck, Although its a bit late now to list it on dabay as a Christmas present
    Ian #UKPachinko