Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find a spin luck, beg wife to let me bid upto 500 on it, she finally gives in. 16hrs. into the auction its @ 511. I like to wait until the auction is winding down, but good grief, I didn't even get to bid on it.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    I find a spin luck, beg wife to let me bid upto 500 on it, she finally gives in. 16hrs. into the auction its @ 511. I like to wait until the auction is winding down, but good grief, I didn't even get to bid on it.....
    Hang in there....

Utopia1dc

In a few years they will be a dime a dozen.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia1dc
    Okay, who do I send my dime to. But maybe we should talk about shipping first.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Clau just reported that the just4funshop.com site does indeed ship Spinlucks for $499.95+shipping. He was not impresses with the cleanliness, but a Spinluck doesn't have to be clean to draw $500 right now.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    Clau just reported that the just4funshop.com site does indeed ship Spinlucks for $499.95+shipping. He was not impresses with the cleanliness, but a Spinluck doesn't have to be clean to draw $500 right now.
    YOU ARE GOD!!!!

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I purchased my Spin Luck, on 4/10/05, I was told that they only had two left and both had now been ordered. Perhaps they have received additional machines. As for the cleanliness, it is not bad overall, just needs a good dusting and a wipe down, a little bit of glue or something in the bottom corner on the front and the token mechanism needs a good cleaning to allow it to operate correctly.

Good luck with your Spin Luck!
    ...Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you talking about Spin Lucks? I sure hope not, there arent nearly as many as you might think.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Davis
    Are you talking about Spin Lucks? I sure hope not, there arent nearly as many as you might think.
    Davis I agree.

Apparently Utopia has been misinformed.

Looks like we will never see a serial number above 5000?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree Lew, i dont think there is one. As many people and dealers as we talk to, we surely have seen one by now!

Utopia1dc

Quote Originally Posted by Davis
    I don't remember posting that there are an unlimited quantity of Spin Lucks. It was more said in jest (notice the wink smiley following my statement), but there is some logic to my statement, "In a few years they will be a dime a dozen."
    My reasoning has several factors. First of all, in a few years there will be better machines, with better play, with more bells and whistles. This will drive the price down on older machines, they will be deemed obsolete and/or outdated.
    Secondly, the hype over the machine will have died down and people with these machines will be bored with them and looking to unload them before the bottom dries up. It will be a buyers market as more and more machines hit our shores, especially when a new wave of must have, awesome, rare machines are en vogue (soup de jour, flavor of the week, whatever cliche you want to use).

Just a thought!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Perhaps that would be true in most cases with a popular machine. But, since there were very limited quantities made of this model, then it might move from being just "rare" to being a "collector item" and actually go UP in value, even though there are new machines out there that have more bells and whistles.

As far as we know there have been less than a 1000 made. And, of this 1000 how many are still around and working?

Guess we shall see. If I had one, I'd not be selling it off just yet.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree. Many older machines, especially the better ones are still very fun to play and more collectible especially if in nice shape. Just check how low Beast Sapp is going for now. I agree it is a great machine but its already become more of a dime a dozen that Spin Luck will ever become. Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Utopia1dc

In my life I have noticed many things, but foremost that consumer electronics always decline in price because of advancing technology. Most Pachislo owners aren't on the fanatical end like we are here on the forum. Sure they will be a collectable, but to whom? A few hundred of us?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If its Good, If its fun, and especially if it is limited in production the price will remain constant and in time go up. Just my call. Mike : )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In my life I have noticed many things, but foremost that consumer electronics always decline in price because of advancing technology. Most Pachislo owners aren't on the fanatical end like we are here on the forum. Sure they will be a collectable, but to whom? A few hundred of us?
    It looks as if perhaps there were only a few hundred made......... so.........

Utopia1dc

Quote Originally Posted by vgc
    If its Good, If its fun, and especially if it is limited in production the price will remain constant and in time go up. Just my call. Mike : )
    Just like my Atari 2600 was awesome until Nintendo came out, then Nintendo was awesome until Super Nintendo came out, then Nintendo 64, Play Staion, XBOX, Play Station 2, etc. Every thing declines, there are a few exceptions, and only time will tell. Unfortunately, by the time this is settled, we won't know each other to gloat one way or the other.

BTW, I wonder how much my awesome Atari 2600 is worth?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are way more than a few hundred Pachinuts. All of my friends have Pachiitis and I am spreading it to all I meet. Mike : )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your Atari 2600 is worth about 50.00. About Triple that of a N64. I once sold an Atari game cart for 2500.00 ( well that was a prototype ) But I have sold many Atari games for 100.00 and over. Cant say the same for a Single XBOX Game. Trust me I know collecting & Video Games are my Specialty. Mike : )

Utopia1dc

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    It looks as if perhaps there were only a few hundred made......... so.........
    Slotter-

I am not trying to stir things up, but after a while all the machines will start to loose interest to us. When you get a new machine it's like the honeymoon stage. After a while the seven year itch kicks in. But, unlike women, the Pachislo's are cheaper and easier to replace.

Some machines will lose their luster faster than others, but let's admit that after a while we play each machine less and less, then we buy more, and eventually we sell some off to make room for the new ones. A Spin Luck sure will stick around a lot longer but as newer and better Pachislo's come out, you will need to make room. A decision has to be made, one or more have to go. Which stays or goes, your Spin Luck, Dragon Dice, Harley, Speed Racer?

Life is full of changes, and changes lead to progress!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast