Thread: I have a Yamasa faust and need help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I have a Yamasa faust and need help

As for the coin mech... Please let me know if you have the spare.... and THANK YOU !!!!!!! now I know what my next step is... as for the lights ALL lights are off except for any light which is controlled by the motherboard. Must be a fuse or the light/sound board. Can you look at your pulsar to see if the sound board has 2 leds lit? My Faust leds come up for maybe 1 second then go out.
    Where's the "ANYKEY"?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I have a Yamasa faust and need help

Quote Originally Posted by drprinter View Post
    As for the coin mech... Please let me know if you have the spare.... and THANK YOU !!!!!!! now I know what my next step is... as for the lights ALL lights are off except for any light which is controlled by the motherboard. Must be a fuse or the light/sound board. Can you look at your pulsar to see if the sound board has 2 leds lit? My Faust leds come up for maybe 1 second then go out.
    One thing to keep in mind is that I have a different setup of some components so it may function differently than yours. With that being said, take what you can from my info to apply to your machine. Sorry if this gets long for anyone.

My power supply only has one fuse and it is inside. The arrow in picture #1 points to the lines out which supply power to the door front lights, sound and perhaps video.

Yamasa Lights a.jpg

Picture #2 has a board (left side) with multiple connections and an inverter or transformer for the lower florescent light behind the door belly glass. Arrow #1 is the same lines from the power supply. Arrow #2 goes to the lower belly glass florescent light. Arrow #3 goes to the sound/light control board up top in picture #3.

Yamasa Lights b.jpg

Picture #3 has the sound and upper belly glass light control board. I do not know if this also controls the other lights around the exterior as I have not gone that far yet. Arrow #1 is power feeding up from the same plug in arrow #3 in picture #2. When this is unplugged there is no longer any sound, power to the tiny LED's or the upper belly glass florescent bulb. Arrow #2 points to three tiny LED's which flash once when the power is first turned on and one will then flash about every seven seconds.

Yamasa Lights c.jpg

A few other thoughts are to open up and inspect your power supply. Could be a fuse in there or a bad connection. I also found a token stuck behind the inverter/transformer in picture #2. Thankfully it wasn't making contact with the solder points to short the circuit board. Any bad wires in the harness up to the sound board? Some power is getting there if the LED's power up, or at least on mine. I'll PM you later about the coin mech.

I hope this is of some help to you and to someone in the future. Let us know how it goes

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob