Thread: Deflector Tulip Pocket

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Deflector Tulip Pocket

I just made up a new name for a type of pocket I've never seen before. Woo Hoo.. go me! I'm sure there are other machines out there with this type of pocket.. .I just didn't have one until now.

I've included 3 photos. On my machine, this is the lower center pocket that is opened when the top pocket is entered. The first photo shows the pocket from the front (prior to cleaning) and you can see how there is extra metal at the top. What makes this pocket different is this. In most tulips, the first ball in rolls down the metal ramp and opens the tulip, the 2nd ball regardless of where it enters the pocket will drop between the prongs on the ramp and close the tulip. This pocket is designed so that any ball entering from the top hole get's deflected back down the metal ramp and thus never closes the tulip.

It's a neat innovation that prevents a more difficult top pocket entry from closing the lower pocket if it's already been open previously. Side entry of the pocket will close it as normal.

In the second photo you can see the triangle shaped deflector. In the 3rd you can see the deflector ramp from the top.

Anyone else have this type of pocket on their machines?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rusty Key

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Deflector Tulip Pocket

The one machine I've cleaned up so far, and started playing today with the 500 balls I got today, has the exact same thing on the center jackpot.

It's the only tulip on the playfield, and a bunch of stuff runs to it, including a spinner in the center of the playfield the ball falls through to it with the jackpot light behind it.

Any ball entering from the side closes the tulip, and the only way to open is to hit one of the two orange flower points on either side of it. Of course you can still score from up above it, but not from the sides unless you open the tulip again.
    Last edited by IJTF_Cinder; 02-25-2009 at 10:13 PM.

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to IJTF_Cinder