Thread: Problem with machine help please

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Problem with machine help please

My parents have a olmpia ice story, and have some major problems going on with it, and I would appreciate any opinions as to what may be wrong with it. They say it was a week or two since they played it,they turned it on and it was in error they hit the reset button, and started to play and heres what happened- the machine plays the wrong music such as playing bonus music when not in a bonus and not making the usual noises like coin insert and stop noises, it spins and stops and the machine credits and pays correctly but the 4th reel does not land on sybols or correctly, the chance light keeps flashing, and there is a half line in the count meter spot. This machine only has a reset button on the door and I don't know if this came on it or was added, and no reset key was given from the vendor, and the reset button is having no effect and it always worked before for errors. My question is do you think this sounds like a bad board or what? Thanks in advance to anyone with opinions/help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Problem with machine help please

It could just be a poor connection somewhere.

Try unpluging all connections and plugging them back in.

your reset key or switch should be near the top of the power supply.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well that sounds odd. Where in Wisconsin are you? I'm in Milwaukee. If you don't get it figured out andyou're somewhat close, I might be able to take a peek at it for you.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    It could just be a poor connection somewhere.
    Try unpluging all connections and plugging them back in.
    your reset key or switch should be near the top of the power supply.
    There is a reset key slot on the power supply area but the vender did not supply this key. Thanks Luckydog for your quick response

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cmk8895
    Well that sounds odd. Where in Wisconsin are you? I'm in Milwaukee. If you don't get it figured out andyou're somewhat close, I might be able to take a peek at it for you.

cmk
    Yeah I went over to check it out and this thing was just completely screwed up, I live in Sheboygan, I definately do not have the know how to figure out what is wrong and fix it. Thanks for your offer and quick response cmk8895,but i'm probably a bit to far away for you to help me thanks though I really appreciate the offer though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can change the need for a reset key by installing a switch but I would recommend finding someone who can sell you a key. I bought a key that I needed for my original Terminator machine from Milt, give him a try.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you have some electronics prowess the key can be easily replaced with a switch. That might fix up your problem.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabrad
    You can change the need for a reset key by installing a switch but I would recommend finding someone who can sell you a key. I bought a key that I needed for my original Terminator machine from Milt, give him a try.
    But does this sound like something a reset would fix or some kind of computer board going? As they said usually this button did a major reset and fixed all errors in the past and now isn't working. Thanks for your help also Minn.Brad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well keep me updated wolf. Sheboygan is not too far away. I could borrow the machine for a few days, figure out what's up (maybe), put in a reset switch which is MUCH easier than finding the right key. My King Camel didn't come with a key. I bought 3 from different vendors, none of which worked. Ripped it out, put in a switch, life is good.

The button can not do a major reset by itself. It can do a minor reset. The key MUST be turned in order to perform a major reset or change the odds. Replacing with a switch will do that for you.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have never tried this with a pachi but have with my pinball machine and video games sometimes taking out and reseating the ROM chip takes care of any usual problems.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you cmk8895 for your information, I am not very handy with these things and appreciate your offer, if you are in agreement some time I get around Milwaukee( I do once a month or so at least) If you would be willing to look at it I could drop it off, I would be most grateful. I would hate to see a nice pachi like that end up as landfill if it doesn't have to.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabrad
    I have never tried this with a pachi but have with my pinball machine and video games sometimes taking out and reseating the ROM chip takes care of any usual problems.
    Thanks for the idea, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that, I have zero experience with electronics.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not a problem at all. Just keep me updated and let me know when. I love working on these things and my other half says I can fix anything. So we'll see.

Also, if you want to meet around Grafton or something that would be fine too. I get up that way often, just usually not all the way up to Sheboygan.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cmk8895
    Not a problem at all. Just keep me updated and let me know when. I love working on these things and my other half says I can fix anything. So we'll see.

cmk
    Thank you so much, I will pm you when I am going to be around your area next, and will see if that works out for you. I am so thankful for your offer as this was a Christmas gift to my parents last year and they love this machine so much it really made me feel bummed out to hear it was going crazy like that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll do my best to help.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Only a reset button on the door? Set the button to reset and hold in. Then turn the machine off for 10 minutes and leave alone -- walk away. Turn it back on again and see if it works.

Guess I'm not sure what you mean when you say it only has a reset button on the door? But, give the above a try.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    Only a reset button on the door? Set the button to reset and hold in. Then turn the machine off for 10 minutes and leave alone -- walk away. Turn it back on again and see if it works.
    Guess I'm not sure what you mean when you say it only has a reset button on the door? But, give the above a try.
    It's a small red button that you push it doesn't go in or anything, it's just a push button, may have been added on and not original.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi wolfsblood. Were did you get the machine? If they are reputable they may stand behind it and help fix it. But if they sold you a machine without a reset key or switch installed I dowt it! I live in Campbellsport not all that far from you. If you need yelp contact me to. Cmk is better with electronics then me I think but always willing to help. If you find the machine is really no good let me know I could use a parts machine but lets hope it doesn't come to that! I hate to see any pachi go to pachi machine heaven!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lazarus thanks for your information and help also, and as far as the reset key, I myself bought the machine(it was the first one I bought) and it did not come with a reset key, I picked it up in person and the vendor went through all the basics with me and he said if there was a error to push the before mentioned red buttton, and now 13 pachis later I know I should have gotten a key or a switch installed in that machine when I bought it, but I didn't know that then. As for the vendor I don't want to name names because I haven't contacted him and given him a chance to see if anything could be done about the situation this long after the fact( I got it in July 2004). I gave it to my parents as a gift that Christmas. I realized after buying more games that it didn't have what it is supposed to, but what I figured the worst that would come of not having the key would be to not be able to change the odds, cause the button always worked on any errors before this.
    Last edited by wolfsblood; 10-22-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It might be normal? It sounds like you've hit the chance round and there could be hundreds of spins in a chance round before it ends. That would explain the music playing and light flashing. I say keep playing it!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsblood
    My parents have a olmpia ice story, and have some major problems going on with it, and I would appreciate any opinions as to what may be wrong with it. They say it was a week or two since they played it,they turned it on and it was in error they hit the reset button, and started to play and heres what happened- the machine plays the wrong music such as playing bonus music when not in a bonus and not making the usual noises like coin insert and stop noises, it spins and stops and the machine credits and pays correctly but the 4th reel does not land on sybols or correctly, the chance light keeps flashing, and there is a half line in the count meter spot. This machine only has a reset button on the door and I don't know if this came on it or was added, and no reset key was given from the vendor, and the reset button is having no effect and it always worked before for errors. My question is do you think this sounds like a bad board or what? Thanks in advance to anyone with opinions/help.