Thread: Neo Magic Pulsar - How to remove the LCD screen?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Neo Magic Pulsar - How to remove the LCD screen?

Hi guys,

I purchased a Neo Magic Pulsar and it shipped. Well the shippers destroyed the box and broke the machine and I am in the process of trying to get it back up and running.

I need to remove the LCD screen that displays the graphics over the reels to get to the other side and am unsure how to get the screen off. It looks like it is on some type of swivel or something at the top, but it doesn't feel like I can flip it up, even with all the cables removed.

Anyone have a tech manual, or experience removing this screen? I've included a few pics just to show what was done during shipping. Looks like when the top of the machine was destroyed the entire inside was flooded with peanuts. I spent 2 hours just trying to get them out of all of the nook and crannies.

Thanks Everyone!

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 5.jpg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Neo Magic Pulsar - How to remove the LCD screen?

Wow thats bad. Looks like some fat **** sat on it, At least the peanuts inside probably stopped the internals coming loose and floating around,
    As to how to get the screen out, I'm sorry, I don't know, But take some pictures and start stripping the layer off, I'm sure it will be come clear, It may be screwed from the other side and you may have to remove some housing or cover first to get to the fixings.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah I was seriously upset to see it arrive like this. I'm going to file a claim with the company, but not sure how long that will take, and it still doesn't save this classic machine.

I was going to do what you said by taking it apart if I need to, but just wanted to check first to see if anyone here had any sort of experience with this machine who could offer suggestions first before 'diving in'

Thanks!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can. Wait a few days. Someone else may have a better answer for you.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have one of these! When I tore mine down to clean it, I had to take off the circuit board (2 screws) above the screen. It's the board in the clear plastic box in your pic that has the volume control label on it. Once it's removed, you can lift the screen up higher out of the grooves on each side of the screen. You may also have to lift up on the long white plastic lever that is on the right hand side next to the upper speaker (you can see it in your 4th pic). This lever also holds up the screen while cleaning the inside of the reel glass. Great machine BTW, one of my favs.
    Last edited by polejock92; 09-18-2013 at 09:25 AM.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to polejock92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by polejock92 View Post
    I have one of these! When I tore mine down to clean it, I had to take off the circuit board (2 screws) above the screen. It's the board in the clear plastic box in your pic that has the volume control label on it. Once it's removed, you can lift the screen up higher out of the grooves on each side of the screen. You may also have to lift up on the long white plastic lever that is on the right hand side next to the upper speaker (you can see it in your 4th pic). This lever also holds up the screen while cleaning the inside of the reel glass. Great machine BTW, one of my favs.
    Deja Vu!

Thanks Again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

UPDATE: I GOT IT WORKING!!! Other than some cosmetic damage it plays perfectly.

So I have a crazy luck story to tell here as well.

On a whim, I decided to check Craigslist to see if there were any pachi machines available locally. Nothing new locally, but at the bottom it showed matches in other semi-local areas. One of the matches was a multifamily yard sale.

I clicked the link and it had the usual stuff, clothing, kids toys, furniture, etc, but it also listed a slot machine. Going through the pics, there was one machine, and what was it? NEO MAGIC PULSAR !!!

So my mind was racing and I figured it would be worth a shot to send a message explaining to her my entire ordeal with what had happened when I had my machine shipped. Worst case scenario, she doesn't reply and I get there at the crack of dawn to try and get the machine.

To my surprise, she emails me back about an hour later and we jump on the phone. She feels sorry about what had happened with my machine, and tells me she is the original owner of the machine, it's been kept in a man-cave since she got it, it's in great shape, hasn't been used in years, etc. Best part is that she will hold it for me as long as I get there within an hour of the yard sale starting! She was asking $110 for it, a fair price considering the popularity of the machine.

So I get there, and she has the machine up and running. It is in IMMACULATE condition! Looks like it came off the boat yesterday. She kept it in damn near perfect condition.

HOWEVER

She explained when she was getting everything ready that morning, she realized she could not find the door key. She knew to be able to open it from the bottom, so she was able to confirm the reset key and documentation were inside. She said if I still wanted it she knew a website (stealth amusements) that could replace the lock, or get me a new key.

So at this point we are ready to put some tokens in and try it out. After putting some tokens in, they started just dropping right through to the bottom tray. Maybe 1 in 5 tokens would actually count towards the credits. She was unsure why it was doing this, but she had not used the machine in years so she didn't know this was an issue. She was now hesitant to sell it since it wasn't working properly.

I figured between this machine, and the one I had at home, I should be able to put together a decent working one, so I offered to take it off her hands anyway since she just wanted to get rid of it. To my surprise, she gave it to us for $60 just to get rid of it!

Once we got it home, I immediately switched out the lock with the one from my old machine so it would be easier to open, and took the lock to a local locksmith to get new keys made. When I went in and started checking why the tokens were falling through, I noticed that there appeared to be a few tokens jammed in there that were 'pushing' the tokens out of the way when they were inserted. After messing around with it for a few moments, I was able to get the jammed tokens to drop... followed by about another 50 tokens! Looks like it was a jam that had just piled up over time. Bonus Tokens!!!

After playing around with the two I felt confident enough to try and get the damaged machine up and running. After a bit of TLC I was finally able to get it working perfectly!!! Other than some cosmetic damage that should mostly be fixable, it runs like a champ now.

So now at this point I have 2 working Neo Magic Pulsar machines. One in nearly perfect condition, and the other with cosmetic damage but mostly fixable. Anyone looking to trade?

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Harleyguy

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."