Thread: Help please! Thunderbirds says DANGER what does that even mean?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Help please! Thunderbirds says DANGER (what does that even mean?)

Hi,

I bought a Pachislo machine called Thunderbirds (has a nice colourful LCD display a few years ago. A while back it suddenly stopped working and the screen just said DANGER (I'll see if I can attach a photo)

There is a key inside, if I turn it to the OFF position, and switch the machine off and on, it clears the DANGER, but the machine shows numbers on the front (60 in the photo) (where it would normally show a coin count) and still doesn't work (doesn't accept coins). If I put the key over to the ON position, immediately I get the DANGER again.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix? I have no idea what the switches do either.danger.jpgkey.jpgthunderbirds.jpg

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Jellifish.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help please! Thunderbirds says DANGER (what does that even mean?)

Hi, I'm new to pachislo and pachinko and I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help but in the mean time check out the following post...

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...ease-help.html

it explains what the key is used for on the inside and also how to do a soft and hard reset which it would be good to try. I believe the "danger" is because the inner key has been turned putting the machine into setting mode where the odds and other things can be changed. It's a warning to parlour attendants. The link also explains about the switches inside.
    Hope that helps a bit and as I say read the link and try a soft and hard reset.

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Nibsy78

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    After reading the thread, I realised that holding the joystick down might help me escape the DANGER mode, and sure enough all is well again

As for the switches, it's good to know that the down position is the "off" position.

I think I understand all my buttons, switches and levers now.

Thanks again,

Jellifish.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to jellifish

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep you must have entered odds setting mode, I can't remember if 6 is easiest or hardest but you may want to change them to something like 3 or 4 unless you like it super easy/hard to get a win.

No problem and glad all is well, enjoy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah I think 6 is the super easy win mode, I found some mention of that elsewhere on the manufacturers japanese web site. What is the general thinking I wonder for making a play money machine more fun? You set yours in the middle somewhere, but don't you find yourself running out of tokens all the time? Even with it on 6, I can get through most of my tokens without a bonus.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In the end these are money making machines. On the easiest setting I think in the long run you'll finish "up" but that means you'll have to refill the hopper. In other settings you'll end up down and have to manually take some tokens out to carry on playing. I think the key is having a good number of tokens, a big bonus is often followed by a bonus so could be a payout of around 1300 tokens add a hundred or two to be left in the hopper and 3-400 for playing and it seems about 2000 is a good number to have per machine, even then eventually you,ll have to take tokens out to play but it won't be very often.