Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New in town with a new Indy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New in town with a new Indy

Hi all . Searched the Forum for the first two days and got a lot of my questions I had answered. There is a great wealth of information here and I hope to some day answering the questions instead of asking them. The Indy I got has me hooked already. The first night I hit 3 Fevers in 45 minutes. Ball hopping is a calorie burner. Got to get a stand built with a recovery system.

The few Questions I have. The propose for the 4 LED's to the left and center of the game that flash at times and others 1 LED stays on. I know the yellow LED under the left speaker activates when the center chute gets a ball. What is the red LED under the right speaker for. I have not seen it come on yet. Just above the ball release for the upper tray to the lower within the glass is a dual red segment display the slowly lights up the segments as the game progresses. Is there an understanding to it's display?

It was stated by the company I purchased it from that they put in a 5 amp transformer. The output specs. read : 24VAC 8000ma. Yes I have forgotten the conversion formula for this. Any one out there with a slide rule? It does put out some heat and after the 3 Fever runs it was quite hot. I think I am going to step up to at least a known 6 amp. I do shut it off with a power strip so the transformer does not stay on 24 /7. One last question. with a back cover on and the heat the transformer and all the chips put out is heat a concern on the electronics. A fix for this I thought up would be to mount a 4 - 5 inch box fan on the back of the cover blowing out which would pull cool air in from the top hopper and lower ball drop area.

My sister is an Indiana Jones Buff and bought the Williams Pin Ball Game. I told her about this and she found a friend in her town that has one and now has the itch. Thanks all in advance for your help. Brian

2. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New in town with a new Indy

Welcome!

The Light Below the right speaker will light when there are no more balls for the machine to pay off. If you play without re-filling the Hopper, You will eventually see the light turn on. The Machine will continue to play, and keep a memory of all the balls won that it could not pay out.

A 6 amp transformer would be better, make sure it has an automatic heat fuse. It will shutdown if it gets too hot.
    Youngjedi

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1000ma is 1 amp so it would appear you have an 8 amp transformer there.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk New. Sounds like you are already enjoying your first pachi. Make room for many more!
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to fhagar

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the funny farm we call pachitalk where fun is the main part of the daily diet along with a side order of info on machanics electronics and a pudding of laughs with fellow people intrested in the same things
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

10. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. All...

I see that on my very first post I made a mistake I.E. The wrong side of the house to ask a question in. Sorry about that... Can it be moved or should I leave it here?

As to it being an 8 amp transformer, It does get hot when all the bells and gongs are going off. Cardboard in the front case door is my volume control until I decide on parallel resistors on the board or in line volume pots.
    Last edited by new in town; 05-19-2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added text

Thanks
    Thanks Received

open the glass door and stuff a sock in the opening on the door in front of the speakers! the yellow led will come on during any payout

13. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dawn

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Bird Brain. That's the first time in a nice way I have been told to "Stuff It". I see what you say about the yellow light. It does come on with the other ball drops. Anyone out there have an idea on the 4 LED's to the left center and the 2 red digit displays and is heat in an enclosed machine a concern?

And Thank you to who ever moved me into the correct thread!
    Last edited by new in town; 05-19-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Added Text

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arby sells a manual on cd that covers this machine. you can pm him direct.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome on board - You have started with a great game in Indy
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to PachiTalk new in town ! !

and congratulations on an excellent choice of Pachinko! !
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

26. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    Thanks. All...

I see that on my very first post I made a mistake I.E. The wrong side of the house to ask a question in. Sorry about that... Can it be moved or should I leave it here?

As to it being an 8 amp transformer, It does get hot when all the bells and gongs are going off. Cardboard in the front case door is my volume control until I decide on parallel resistors on the board or in line volume pots.
    Thanks to Luckydog, I just replaced a 5 amp transformer with a 9 amp on my Star Wars. It still gets hot too. Not hot enough to start a fire but I wouldn't leave it on for long periods of time unattended.
    Welcome to pachitalk !
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are the 4 LEDs you are talking about just single ones/dots? That's the banked spins indicator. Every time you get a ball in the start pocket (center one above the skull) you bank a spin - up to 4 saved, after which you don't save any more until the reel spin animation subtracts one.

The LED display on the front indicates some kind of status, and you'll notice that it changes during fevers. I've never seen any translation of what the symbols are, but they mean something to someone, somewhere. It's not important for game play.

30. The following user says "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey fronzdan,

The 4 I am talking about are 4 single red led's but they are at the left side and slightly below center of the cell encased in gold just to the left of a drop hole. At times they flash and other times one of the led's comes on steady. Had another fever last night and 1/2 way through it a doorbell started with a female voice repeating over and over. Saw the code 6 on the back diag. board and that's when I learned that she was telling me the lower ball tray was full and to empty it. Learning more and more about this game every day.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    Hey fronzdan,

Had another fever last night and 1/2 way through it a doorbell started with a female voice repeating over and over. Saw the code 6 on the back diag. board and that's when I learned that she was telling me the lower ball tray was full and to empty it. Learning more and more about this game every day.

Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahh, but it's such a pleasant voice though!

I'll have to take a look at the cell when I get home. I don't remember where the bank LEDs are on this one. Generally though, the only LED you need to worry about is the hopper empty one. And even then, it'll stop shooting so you'll know.

Here's a link to some nice Indy artwork for the machine:
    http://www.sankyo-fever.co.jp/download/down_ij.html

34. The following user says "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: New in town with a new Indy

fronzdan Thank you for the link to the Pics,

O.K. Been playing it a few days now. I did do a hard reset it when I got it. There has been about 11 Fevers and the 4th time in the cavern I finally made it through.

When I turned it on this morning the case lights are different. The multi colored LED's stay solid red and the side white lights and top red ones all flash at the same time. The top white lights scroll from the middle towards the edges. Also the chance button will not cycle the lights right after it is powered up. I played the game, it plays as it should and the chance button did light up and work during a chance. There is no error code on the back PC board and all the LED's on the power PC board are lit.

Has anyone seen this before? If not I will try a hard reset. (did a soft one) But a hard reset means back to square one. Maybe the light display changes as the game progresses but the light test on initial power up should still work.

The game is fantastic. Something new is always popping up. I would estimate at least 2500 to 3000 balls during a Fever.

The socks did the trick along with a small cutout of cardboard over the speakers. Volume pots are on the way.

OH,

Has anyone figured out the 4 LED's on the left side of the game?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by new in town; 05-28-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Added PIC and text
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast