Thread: King Camel Dip Switches

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default King Camel Dip Switches

Hey guys, well my King Camel I purchased from Stealth was delivered yesterday in great shape and what a blast I has trying it out. I stayed up Till 2am playing. I wanted to hit each one of the bonuses but was only able to get the camel bonus. I got that one 3 times. I just have a few question as this machine is a little different from my Beast Sapp and Sinbad Adventure.
    Fist off is there a hard meter or counter that is counting coin in and out? I hear some clicking from the back of the game after a win or after coin is accepted. It sounds like the hard meters we use on Bally games but I was unable to locate it.
    Also there are two switches under the reset key hole do they have to do with the game resetting after a bonus? what should these be set at? I started messing with them I don't remember where they were. Each switch has 3 positions.
    lLast question is about the credit meter I was unable to turn the meter off, like I can on the other games I have. Even if I hold the button in for 10 or more sec. it still stays on. Is this normal for this model? The button works, I can cash out but it always racks up the first 50 credits before the hopper pays out.
    I tried to look up these answers first but didn't see any posts on the issues.
    :questionm
    Well thanks in advance.
    Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: King Camel Dip Switches

Congratulations! I too received my King Camel from Stealth yesterday (thank you Milt, a day earlier than anticipated) and we had a deafening good time with it. It's a great machine, what a tease! Like you, I have an Eleco machine (Hanabi Hyakkei) so this one, with it's wide reels and a 24 volt transformer and different layout of internals is an exploration for me too (adds to the fun of the hobby)! First order of business, install volume controls.

So sorry I have no answers, but I wanted to add a question:

Is King Camel a Max Bet only machine? It will accept one and two token bet button pushes, but won't spin unless the max bet is hit. I was wondering if there is any user adjustment that can be made to accept only 1 or 2 tokens?

Thanks in advance,
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Most of the new machines are max bet.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My theory with Hanabi Hyakkei being a 1-2-3 bet machine was that it was a new techology being released and they werent sure how it would be accepted so they made it a 1-2-3 to entice people to play it...figuring if they play a few odd tokens they would see what it could do an suck them in for more.

The clicking you hear is the signals being sent to the parlour computer (or PachiSTAT ) All machines make this noise on token in/out some you have to listen a little closer to hear it.

All of the Sammy machines that I have owned which King Camel is only support Credit mode so you can't switch it back and forth. From my experience Yamasa's only support credit mode as well.

Chris

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris V

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks that answers two of my questions. Anyone know about the switches?

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All I know is both of my switches are in the down position.

Check this thread for an explanation: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2465
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks David, so both of yours are all the way down? Do you have to reset after any bonuses?
    Does everyone have them both all the way down?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nope, no resets unless I run out of coins.
    Firewire

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the clicking your hearing is coming from the relays on your relay card which is really easy to identify its the one thats small and has relays and a fuse on it .it controls your reels also by the way which is why your reel stop add on plugs into it also .
    Jeff

12. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds as if your clicking noise is not the same as a problem I once had, but you might want to take a look at this thread just in case:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ighlight=click

14. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Slotter, Now that I know what the noice is I don't realy mind it. I just never heard it before in my eleco models, so It made me wonder. I thought It was a counter or meter built into the game but couldn't find anything. I don't think I'll cut it off because I'd like to give that pachistat a try when it comes out. thanks for the link glad to see this question had come up before.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On my reset switches (set by Stealth) the left one was up and the right one was down, which neither kicked out the coins after an AT bonus, nor required a reset after an AT bonus (the function of these switches on my Hanabi Hyakkei). I have switched the left switch down to see if it kicks out my credits as tokens after I win the next AT round (or requires a reset), then that should identify the switches.

When I compared my reset switch functions on my Hanabi Hyakkei to the thread given, I found the results to be the exact opposite of what was given, but the kanji and other writing were ever so slightly different.
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have mine both down now. I hit the King bonus yesterday and it did not spit out tokens nor require a reset after it ended. So I'm happy with that.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: King Camel Dip Switches & Coin Hopper

I'm still testing, only infinity bonuses so far (man this is a crazy machine, it keeps surprising me with new stuff!). But even though I changed the left switch from up to down, no change (still doesn't dump coins after an infinity bonus, still doesn't require a reset). I've put both switches up to test. I'll keep testing, but I'm beginning to suspect (at least on mine) that the switches aren't affecting anything apparent.

What I am now curious about is the coin hopper. Mine was replaced or something, it has some new vinyl diamond metal pattern stuck on it, and the coin exit in the door was chiselled out a bit (perhaps to accommodate a different height hopper?? (I'm just guessing). In any case I wanted to check, when my machine pays out, the loudest thing is not the music, but the almost machine gun loud fire of the coins as they hit some part of the coin return. It's way, way louder than on my Eleco Hanabi Hyakkei. Do others experience this as well?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The amount of noise made by the hopper paying out definetly varies by machine type. Some sound like machine-gun fire, others just seem to dribble the tokens out.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

20. The following user says "Thanks" to cwstnsko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After winning several small bonuses and a 777 AT 50 on my King Camel, I can say that it doesn't matter where the power supply siwtched are set, it doesn't make a difference as to whether the machine requires a rest after a bonus or spits out the credits, in all settings of the switches it always plays on (doesn't require a reset, and doesn't spit out the credits). Is this normal for this model?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The switches on the power supply are usually tied to the big bonus of a machine. I would suspect since the King Camel does not have a Big Bonus then it is tied to nothing.

Chris

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris V

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah that makes sense then, they use the same Japanese logic that dictates that if you can stop a reel with a button, or exchange plastic prizes for money in a back alley, then it's NOT gambling!

I do like the Hopper empty music on King Camel, it's like the suspense tease on a trivia game show.