Thread: Sankyo pachinko machine revival - need help getting it to light up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo pachinko machine revival - need help getting it to light up

I picked up a lonely Sankyo pachinko machine and have been trying to rehab it for my boys. It is a semi-automatic one, built around 95/96 I believe. Looks similar to this one, slightly different graphics. So far I got all the jackpots to work, the ball firing mechanism back to shooting. The main jackpot section to light up.

The lights on the top and right of the case are not lighting up, and the lights around the edge of the center circle are not working. I am not sure if its an electrical issue or if the bulbs are all shot.

Does anyone know where to get replacement bulbs like those in the picture?

And/or anyone have any other suggestions on how to get those lights working?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JacobH

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo pachinko machine revival - need help getting it to light up

first things first

Welcome to Pachitalk ,

second.. have you tested the bulbs to see if there bad?? i would test first.. i might have a few bulbs if needed..

the reason i would ask you to check them is some lights on a pachinko will only light up during a bonus /fever round.. so the bulbs may be fine you just need to wait for the right combination and then they will light.. test them if there bad shoot me a pm and ill see if i can find ya a few..

nice machine can you post a few pics of the back side as well?
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some shots of the front and back. I am not sure how to test the bulbs. The filaments look good to me on the few I have looked at, so I am leaning towards it being an electrical issue. I replaced the fuse in the middle of the back, and the one to the lower right of the back. Not sure if those are the only two, or if there is another one hidden behind the casings somewhere. Wish I had a full diagram, just came with a really low quality printout of the machine, hard to tell what is what.

Is there a volume switch? This baby is loud!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JacobH

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Howdy get a good digital multimeter (Home Depot has one for $20) that has a continuity tester that beeps . You might "work" the connectors but while the machine is unplugged disconnect/ reconnect each connector it cleans them up a bit . If the lamp is bad Radio Shack or a online electronic store or Ebay . To find out what voltage the lamps are unplug one of the lamps and use the multimeter set to dc voltage ( electrical value ) now the amps ( electrical force ) would be in the milliamps range and if you get to high a voltage value the lamp will not light and too low and the lamp will blow and turn a nice black silver inside .

The great thing about having a multimeter is that you can check components like fuses and lamps disconnected or under power and I would suggest getting a book on how to properly operate a multimeter which I have been using since 1970's

http://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3320-Au...653SDBZXPJDP69

http://www.amazon.com/Everything-Ele...C3R7F63QDCED9J
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As for Electronic information on the Modern Pachinko Machines like Electronic Schematics well the manufactures really don't release that information even on the machines made as far back as the 1980's .

But don't worry the power input is where the power transformer 120v ac to 24v ac plugs into . Some of our members spend Years on trying to Reverse Engineer the electronics on their machines . I have over 20 Modern Pachinkos and I know to run at least a Surge Protector in between the wall outlet and my machines . I hear that some members run a UPS too for extra protection.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sankyo Daimyojin- 大明神GPⅡ(三共) 
    Ian #UKPachinko

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your machine would have to be in fever or reach mode for those lights to illuminate normally.

Your bulbs look like 24V wheat bulbs. Member "Mr. Al" has a good supply and source. Send him an IM. 30V would work acceptably as well.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Your machine would have to be in fever or reach mode for those lights to illuminate normally.

Your bulbs look like 24V wheat bulbs. Member "Mr. Al" has a good supply and source. Send him an IM. 30V would work acceptably as well.
    hanemono
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the information. I was able to get the right side lights to work.

So now just the top bar, and the outer circle. It could be a fever mode issue. I am going to try and make that happen.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JacobH

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On that model (I have a Parasol Man as well) Power up. Drop a ball in at the top wing area. As soon as it goes down though the upper sensorinto lower play area, drop a second though the lower sensor center hole. Start checking lights, top to bottom, left to right.

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Mr_Smeggers2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mr Al helped me with some replacement lights, but it just confirmed to me that the problem must be electrical in nature. The top row of lights, and the outer edge to the right of the inner circle of lights do not seem to shine. Not sure why, all the rest do, and the bulbs look good, wonder if I am missing a hidden fuse.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JacobH View Post
    Mr Al helped me with some replacement lights, but it just confirmed to me that the problem must be electrical in nature. The top row of lights, and the outer edge to the right of the inner circle of lights do not seem to shine. Not sure why, all the rest do, and the bulbs look good, wonder if I am missing a hidden fuse.
    Did you try getting a fever yet? I have that same Sankyo Stellar Frame for my Flying Carpet Hanemono; none of the lights come on (except the LEDs in the center feature) unless you are either shooting balls (vertical light on upper right side of the frame), low on balls in the hopper (upper left light, this one is on in your picture), or they ONLY light up when scoring or during a fever mode.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did give it a try, and I have not been able to get the top strip of lights on the machine, or the outer lights to the right of the circle to ever light. It could be I have not gotten it to fever level, but I have tried to put balls in every winning area multiple times.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did give it a try, and I have not been able to get the top strip of lights on the machine, or the outer lights to the right of the circle to ever light. It could be I have not gotten it to fever level, but I have tried to put balls in every winning area multiple times.
    It's a Hanemono, it won't go into Fever, but will go crazy (Fever - like?), if pachinko balls go in the correct pockets, in sequence, within one (or two) seconds.

First a ball has to go into the bottom pocket marked "1" or "2". then in the next 1 (or 2) seconds a ball has to enter the Win pocket.
    I can't see the win pocket on your machine in your pictures. My guess is your win pocket is at the bottom of your center feature.
    Usually they are marked with a "V" or an arrow.

This is a different hanemono...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now you mention it, neither of my two Sankyo Hanemonos light up the very top lights (on the frame, not the cell) even during fever mode....I never noticed it because of all the crazy flashing lights on the cell itself. Maybe those lights on the top of the frame were wired into the parlor differently? I'm pretty sure you would know it if you got a fever by dropping a ball in the "V" hole in the center feature....the lights and music will go on for some time and if you don't shoot any more balls into the center feature, both of mine go into error mode and start beeping VERY loudly like a fire alarm and will not stop until you unplug the machine. I would not be surprised if yours is the same way. I suggest playing it for while instead of testing it!
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 12-03-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

^Small correction, I just got fevers playing both of mine today, my older 1992 Sankyo does indeed light the top frame lights during a fever. But my Sankyo stellar frame (exact same frame as yours) Flying Carpet they don't work at all either.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's not a bottom tray full indicator light, is it?
    Ian #UKPachinko

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam