Thread: MAME Cab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: MAME Cab

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Dreamhomearcades.com
    that's the place where I got mine from. every single aspect of the game is customizable by the buyer. so you can call them up and tell them the most you want to spend and what you're looking for and go from there. look on the website gallery in the tabletop section and you'll see the black cab with Galaga which is my machine. the tabletops in general are cheaper due to their size but it really depends on the options. I didn't care about multicolor buttons that light up and all that. what I did want were the right controls for the classic arcade games I grew up with. this meant a spinner, trackball, and twin joysticks. mine was pricier than the smaller tabletops because I have a large 4:3 aspect ratio monitor.
    Thanks. I will be looking into this and see what it will cost. I was originally going to try to build one but if cost is right I will take the easy road out. I have too many projects on my plate. But money talks..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    Thanks. I will be looking into this and see what it will cost. I was originally going to try to build one but if cost is right I will take the easy road out. I have too many projects on my plate. But money talks..

Not sure what money you are looking to spend or save. But here is unsolicited advice for you if you do decide to build your own...

Get the software to work before you make the hardware. Unhook the computer from the internet. Then get the hardware to work. A lot of the programs go out to the web and try to update themselves and it gets crazy in a hurry. Game that played fine yesterday, don't work today. There is a lot to be said for a stable platform.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post

Not sure what money you are looking to spend or save. But here is unsolicited advice for you if you do decide to build your own...

Get the software to work before you make the hardware. Unhook the computer from the internet. Then get the hardware to work. A lot of the programs go out to the web and try to update themselves and it gets crazy in a hurry. Game that played fine yesterday, don't work today. There is a lot to be said for a stable platform.
    i honestly am not sure what they cost so in the end it all may not matter. I have mentioned a few times about it and have not been told no so that is good . I will definitely take your advice and do appreciate it. If I can afford to buy one it would be easiest as I am falling behind in projects already but really depends on cost. After taxes are figured out this year I will see if I have money to play with...