Thread: Older modern Heiwa questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Older modern Heiwa questions

Hello all. So the fever has struck again. I'm currently looking at getting my first modern pachi and have some questions. I have found some Heiwa machines from the 90's i'm going to look at and would like to know a little about what I should look for. So here are some of my questions.

1) I know the Heiwas of this era are known to have problematic b1f boards, but how do I tell if its bad?
    2) The machine is a CR so I will have to check for a card bypass dongle but where on the back would I find it? Is it easy to find?
    3) What is a fair price for a late 90's Heiwa both in working or non-working condition?
    4) If the machine does have a bad b1f board, has anyone here had any luck sending to board off to a pcb repair service. If I could get the machine for a steal and it would cost less than $100 to have the board repaired, I would still consider buying the machine.
    5) I am currently limited to the balls that came with my two vintage machines and only have about 200, is this enough to bring to test if the machine works?
    6) Anything else you fine folks also think I should know or look for? I'm a bit nervous with the Heiwas, but I rarely see modern machines close to where I live and having budget constraints prohibits buying something newer or having it shipped. Thanks Y'all

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Older modern Heiwa questions

I got lots of Heiwa, but all made after 2007,

the B1f board controls the shooter, if the shooter works, the board is fine. How long will it last working, well as soon as I can see the future, well you get the idea.

Not all Cr machines require a dongle. Some machines are modified at the board level. Again, if it shoots, it's fine.

Cost, well that depends on how much YOU like the theme.
    Heiwa have made some great machines with fun themes (bring on the バニーガール) and original ideas.
    Also Heiwa = 平和 = Peace
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 03-04-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also live in NC and have bought a couple Hanemonos of that vintage date range (1991 and a 2001) recently, so for a price guide, I would say $60-120 max (if it had a cabinet and 500+ balls included) if works perfectly and in good condition. I would not pay more than $25-30 for a non-working parts machine pachinko IMHO, too much trouble to try to hunt down parts, repairs, ect when there are plenty of working machines out there without issues. 200 balls would probably be enough to test it, but not play very long at all.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Y'all, now I have a good idea where to start negotiating. I would still love to know if anyone has sent out a B1f board for repair. Even if it works now, knowing that I could be able to fix it if it breaks later would make me feel much more comfortable about the deal.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm sure we all want to see a fix for the B1F board. It's a shame that the ones that go wrong aren't near those with the skill to fault find and fix.

Now does anyone know how to fix a JC-20P ball counting machine
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I do have a friend that is a heck of an electrical engineer. He fabricates all manner of stuff that frankly blows my mind. Next time I see him I'll pick his brain about pcb troubleshooting and repair.He may be willing to take a peek at one if a member here has a fried board they don't mind sending on a little vacation down south.

Also, just a random musing. If that board only controls the shooter, has anyone tried converting one of the heiwa machines to an old school manual flipper?

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PachiNC