Thread: Newbie Trying to Refurbish Pachinko - Help Appreciated

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie Trying to Refurbish Pachinko - Help Appreciated

Hi Panchinko Fans - I found this machine in my dad's garage (pics attached and embedded). It's been unused for awhile. No glass in front, no balls, and not sure what I need to replace/get it to function.

I did clean it - ha.

Anyone know what model this is?

Balls - I have none. Sounds like I need to buy 500. Was thinking of buying this? Thoughts? https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06X1FFBLM/ref=dp_olp_collectible_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible

Power - My dad said to buy 6V box battery to attach those loose cords to in back. Does that seem right?

Glass - I read a post here to get an 1/8" plexiglass and optional front glass. I don't know dimensions. Should I just go to a glass repair place?

The entire back/functioning- Honesty alert, I don't even know how to play this game or how it works, but I feel like a bottom part is missing. Can anyone tell from the photos.

Stand - It's on two pieces of wood on either side, but it doesn't feel sturdy and one front side is missing. Any thoughts on what to do for repair?

That was a lot. Any help would be awesome. I'm sure there are more things I need to know too that I didn't even ask about. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to life311

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie Trying to Refurbish Pachinko - Help Appreciated

to Pachitalk!

What you have there is a 1977 Nishijni Model B (Cowboy)

That is a sutible listing for pachinko balls. The other place I'd recommend is from the seller Pachinko Pagoda on ebay. Both are good sources.

6V battery is kinda low honestly. You can run the lights with a normal 9V battery and they will last for months. Unless someone replaced the bulbs for 6v ones. As the original ones were 10V.

Glass - 1/8" plexiglass / acrylic or regular glass works fine. Size for a model B is 15.9" x 16". You could go to a glass store and get it cut as well as some smaller hardware stores. (I believe ACE still cuts glass in most places).

Your machine is fully complete and in fairly nice shape. So I don't see why it wouldn't work. Check out the video from member moparformances. You can find it as a sticky thread (towards the top) in the vintage section here.

Wooden feet are more than adequate. Though the ones on your machine certainly have seen better days. Most people just use 1x4 pine boards. I belive cut them about 14" long. Screw them on so you have about 4-5" sticking out in the front.

100 machines and counting...

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

nice machine

Quote Originally Posted by life311 View Post
    Anyone know what model this is?
    model "B" machine

Balls - I have none. Sounds like I need to buy 500. Was thinking of buying this? Thoughts? https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06X1FFBLM/ref=dp_olp_collectible_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible
    500 at the least.. it will hold 1000.. ebay is usually your best buy..

Power - My dad said to buy 6V box battery to attach those loose cords to in back. Does that seem right?
    use a 9 volt batery if you have the factory bulbs.. or find a wall wart of the right voltage if there 6 volt bulbs.. keep in mind these are low voltage so no real risk of hurting yourself or the machine..

Glass - I read a post here to get an 1/8" plexiglass and optional front glass. I don't know dimensions. Should I just go to a glass repair place?
    there are a few thread hear about glass size...
    (http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ht=glass+sizes)
    i have lots of pieces and machine laying around when i need one.. if all else fails get your self a piece of cardboard and cut it down.. or cardboard strips and a glue gun to make a template.. then have the glass shop cut it for ya

The entire back/functioning- Honesty alert, I don't even know how to play this game or how it works, but I feel like a bottom part is missing. Can anyone tell from the photos.
    machine look perty complete
    take a look at the vid in this thread
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...-Model-B-Video

Stand - It's on two pieces of wood on either side, but it doesn't feel sturdy and one front side is missing. Any thoughts on what to do for repair?
    lots of options.. new feet scrap boards etc etc.. there have been members that took super good measurements, then went to the local big box place and had them pre cut the pieces.. Im not a fan of this cause my local store can not make a straight or a clean cut.. so i have them trim them down so there easy to carry and i recut them when i get home..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello life311 and welcome to the group

Nice looking machine, I'm more into the modern machines but you are in good hands here!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Super thanks! The one thing I am still not sure of is how to hook up the power and where that lives. I watched the video but I couldn't see the battery or how that was hooked up. Any thoughts there?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Made an error in my earlier post. Glass is 16" square for a model B. That's what I get for trying to recall numbers like that.

9v should be hooked up to those 2 wires you have coming from the terminal block. The polarity doesn't matter. Also power isn't needed for play, just FYI.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By 2 wires from the terminal block I mean the ones hooked up to the orange and white posts.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman