Thread: Need helpwith buttons, no light.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need helpwith buttons, no light.

Excuse my ignorance, for i know not what to call some of these parts. My machine worked perfectly up until a few days ago. When i power it on, everything looks normal except the three buttons to stop reel. They are all supposed to be lit red, however only the one on the left is lit red. The rest are off. I thought maybe burned out bulb, but even after inserting the three coins, and depressing the lever to spin the reel, the reels do not even spin. The reels spin just fine on startup though. Any help?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need helpwith buttons, no light.

here is a pic of my machine, i hilighted the problem buttons.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they may just be sticking and need a cleaning
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like you have a button stuck on as lucky said i suggest you try cleaning them . spray some windex on a paper towel and depress all your buttons and then wipe them out with the paper towel along the inside edges. also do the bet buttons as well .If all else fails un plug each button switch and see if the machine runs .on the newer machines there are usually leds on the main board that light when a key is pressed. (one is probably already lit.) push each button and you should see a led light if one doesnt then thats probably it (the led is probably on already) .
    Jeff

5. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as usually, he beat me to the post.
    Check the fuse on the stop button ( to the right of the reels inside cabinet.) also check all the connections to the board & where the stop buttons plug in. you may just have a bad connection.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

7. The following user says "Thanks" to FTKServices

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't add any more than that, but hope you get your machine fixed!
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what they said and welcome!!
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree, sounds like a stuck button.

Welcome to Pachitalk!!!
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok, i tried cleaning the buttons. And i checked ALL the fuses i could find (the 2 on the black box, and the one next to the reels) and they are all good. I looked at, and reconnected all the connections that seemed to link the stop buttons and the play handle. When i look at the inside of the door, i found the led's that correspond to each button. The green LED for the stop button that is red on front, is on inside the door (does not flash when button is pressed). The green LED's for the ones that are off, are off inside the door (do not respond to buttons being pressed). The green LED for the play handle is on, and flashes as the play handle is pressed. The red LED's for 1 bet, 2 bet, and max bet are off unless button is pressed. The button that returns the credit coins shoots out coins after they have been inserted, and the red led turns on when button is pressed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think any of the light should be on unless the button is being pressed. so if you have one on & you are not pressing that button. then that is where i would start looking for the trouble.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

13. The following user says "Thanks" to FTKServices

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Clean and reseat the plug on the pay out board. (The board with one fuse on it)

Disconnect the plug to the one stop button that is lit and see if the LED for it goes out. If it does, that stop button switch is stuck on.

Same thing for the reel spin knob. Disconnect it's plug and see if the led goes out. Most machines, these LED's should not come on unless you activate the buttons.

Also, if it has not been done, do a full reset.

Machine off, turn the key to the right, machine on, select 1-6 with the set button, hold the spin knob down for 5 seconds and release, turn the key back to the left with power still on.

The # you selected should reset to "0" when you hold down the spin knob. If you are not able to "Set the Pay Out level when holding the spin knob down for 5 seconds then there is a problem with the spin knob switch.

If it is still not working you can try to swap that payout board with another machine if you have one but be warned, if the machine has wiring troubles it could fry the second board.

It would be safer to put the suspect board in another machine and see if the problem moves to that machine. If it works fine in the other machine then there is definitely a wiring problem in the original machine but it did not fry the payout board. Just confusing it due to the problem it has in the wiring and / or stuck button / buttons.

If the problem moves to the other machine then there is definitely a problem in the original machine and it fried the original payout board.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a spare button assy complete with board if you find that what's at fault.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to monkeyboy