Thread: My first Pachislo - I have some questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first Pachislo - I have some questions

Hi, I posted this in my thread about what to buy but don't want it to get lost in there.

I picked up my first machine today. It is a Kung Foo Lady 2 and it is pretty cool. In fact my kids went nuts over it. My youngest daughter who finds pachinko machines too loud was totally into playing with it. I do have some questions and will also post pictures.

1) on the front there is a red button with a little screen above it on the left and a silver button on the right near the coin slot, what do they do? I have so far been pushing the Max bid button then the joystick to start the reels then the buttons to stop them. Not sure what the others do.

2)this one is multi-part. inside where the power switch is there are other buttons as well. I am not sure what they all do. So if you look at the picture, the orange little button stirs the coin bin (why?), the green switch they told me was to do a reset, they said you switch the switch then press the green button then hold down the joystick on the front for 2 seconds to reset. Is that right? What does the red button do?

3)this one is about gameplay. There is a fourth reel that on occasion spins and stops, the music changes and then as you play through that you win a lot. Like every spin for a while. Is that normal? I don't quite get it.

4) last one for now. Where is best place to get more tokens?

Other than that the machine seems to play well, is fairly clean and really no issues. Weirdly the back has bottle caps glued to it that I will take off. The person I got it from had no idea why they were there.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first Pachislo - I have some questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    Hi, I posted this in my thread about what to buy but don't want it to get lost in there.

I picked up my first machine today. It is a Kung Foo Lady 2 and it is pretty cool. In fact my kids went nuts over it. My youngest daughter who finds pachinko machines too loud was totally into playing with it. I do have some questions and will also post pictures.

1) on the front there is a red button with a little screen above it on the left and a silver button on the right near the coin slot, what do they do? I have so far been pushing the Max bid button then the joystick to start the reels then the buttons to stop them. Not sure what the others do. I would guess the red button is a single bet button and the silver button is a cash out button.

2)this one is multi-part. inside where the power switch is there are other buttons as well. I am not sure what they all do. So if you look at the picture, the orange little button stirs the coin bin (why?),Stirring the hopper would help clear jams. the green switch they told me was to do a reset, they said you switch the switch then press the green button then hold down the joystick on the front for 2 seconds to reset. Is that right? What does the red button do? Here are the steps to reset and change the odds and also a picture showing what the buttons are on the power supply.

Changing Odds & Full Reset.jpg

Yamasa5.jpg

3)this one is about gameplay. There is a fourth reel that on occasion spins and stops, the music changes and then as you play through that you win a lot. Like every spin for a while. Is that normal? I don't quite get it.There are also some other types "mini" bonus that some machines have. They could have CT (Chance Time) or AT (Assist Time) bonus

CT is a time where the machine is more likely to give you more normal wins (bells, watermelons, etc.) but not BB or RB. This usually occurs after the end of BB or RB.
    AT is when the machine tells you which order to stop the reels in. Follow the machines assistance and you are sure to win. If you ignore the machines suggestions then you will most probably loose.

4) last one for now. Where is best place to get more tokens? Several venders on EBAY.

Other than that the machine seems to play well, is fairly clean and really no issues. Weirdly the back has bottle caps glued to it that I will take off. The person I got it from had no idea why they were there.

Thanks,
    Mike
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can also check this topic: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...-pachislo.html

I posted the Yamasa Manual in post #2.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Wayne! I appreciate it. I do have some follow up questions. What is BB and RB? Also when you say the machine tells you, what do you mean? I will also check the other post. Thank you again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

BB = Big Bonus

RB = Regular Bonus

If your machine has AT, I don't know if it does, the machine lets you know which reel to stop first, second and then third, by symbols on the fourth reel or some machines the reels will light up, one at a time, depending on which one the machine wants you stop first and so on.

Honestly, the best way to learn about your machine is to play it.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again Wayne. I will be working from home tomorrow so think I will get plenty of testing time in. . My wife has not touched it yet, she does not get why I want all my toys but both my kids are excited by it. They have different interests in terms of what ones they like. I have 2 old pinball machines and each likes a different one. One likes my pachinko machines they other the noises bother her. But this thing, they both dug right away. So it was a good purchase to make.

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I played with the machine quite a bit today. Lots of fun. I got into bonus rounds several times and it gets loud and I am gonna have to look into the add on volume controls or I will never get to play it at night. As it is, I only get to play my pinballs at night when everybody is a sleep as my vintage pachinkos are too loud. I think I need to soundproof the basement.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Volume controls will definitely help get the volume down. I live in an apartment, so they are a necesity. They are readily available on ebay.
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ackleplem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Kung Fu Lady is a fun machine. I think it's always been my wife's favorite.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

17. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

MrToad i have heard from other posts that http://www.custompachislo.com/ is a good place for parts i have also went on there site and noticed there cost of tokens is better than ebay might want to check them out i think it was $30 for 500 but may be wrong. Ebay was like 200+ for $25 or more and i fell for it .

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Hastage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Akimono sells 500 tokens for $30.00. There is also a seller on ebay that sells 1000 for $63.00 plus $10.00 shipping. While a bit higher than Akimono, they provide a great selection of Japanese tokens.
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

21. The following user says "Thanks" to ackleplem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everybody!