Thread: Sakura Transformer help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sakura Transformer help

I just received a Sakura pachinko today that I got on eBay from IMatrix in Ontario. It did not come with the promised instruction manual (I'm still talking to David from IMatrix to see if I can get that shipped to me). The transformer seems to have come loose in (or been disconnected for) transit.

Of course, being eager to play, I started looking around the web for info on how to hook it up. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but I think I found something better: Pachitalk!

Like I said, I didn't find info on my specific problem, but it is clear that there are plenty of smart folks here.. and I now know that my Sakura will be very loud, and that I'm not a total freak for buying a paltry two machines in a month (the other one is from the 1960s and was all mechanical, so I figured it out pretty well by myself).

The transformer has two green wires hanging loose (F -- see attached photos) and a loose black wire (G). My guess is that the black wire is the ground and should attach to the metal plate on the frame, which has a little connector on it (E). I have no real idea where the green wires go. But, based on how long they are and what's available, my best guess is that they attach to the wire hanging down (A), which goes up and back down to a bit of electronics (B). Two other places have green connectors (C and D), but both look hard to reach. Could be some place else entirely, but I thought I'd highlight the obvious choices, and maybe someone can say, "yes the black wire goes to E and the green wires go to A," or some such.

Any other Sakura owners with a similar transformer want to tell me where all the wires go? Any generally clever electrical types have a clear idea of what's what from the photos?

One last thing: there was a loose piece (H) rattling around the box when I opened it up. Anyone have any idea what it is for?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sakura Transformer help

g goes to e. f goes to a . h = ?

3. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Green wires go to the power cord from your wall outlet! The H looks like a wire clamp from the pic. The G wire looks like the Ground wire but I cant be sure from your photos. I cant see if the power cord is a 3 prong ground plug in the pic if not you should replace it with one.
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

eddie: the 110v cord is still hooked to the transformer. that is where the ground wire is coming from.(black 3 wire cord feeding transformer) i stand by my first post

Thanks
    Thanks Received

better pictures up closer
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks birdbrain! I agree with you that that is the logical arrangement.. and in the absence of this forum, I'd probably have tried it. But now I'm looking for more confirmation--I'm a bit paranoid about breaking my new toy.

I didn't know how high-res my pics should be, so I didn't go overboard. Attached are more detailed pics showing that the red wires (and the loose black wire) do go to the three-pronged plug, and the green wires don't go anywhere at the moment.

There is also a close up of the transformer itself, the likely-seeming plug (A in the first photos) and where the plug's wire leads back to (B in the other photos).

Any other photos that would be helpful?

Thanks again..

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

In your pic, 'C' are frame outputs ('door open' and payouts), 'D' are battle counter outputs (neither of which are important for home use) and the grey power cord doesn't go to 'B', but to the little plug to the lower left of 'B'. You can shorten that cord if you want. Just keep enough if you want to remote mount the transformer at a later date.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

compirate.. thanks for the info on C and D. Always good to learn something.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Everyone,

I decided to take the plunge, hook it up in the logical fashion, and try it out. It works! Thanks for the encouragement!

Now, I just have to do two things: find that thread on turning down the volume, and figure out how to close this support ticket.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Trey314159