Thread: What would your max bid be on this machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What would your max bid be on this machine?

I have the opportunity to bid on this machine, but I know nothing about pachinko. I'd like to resell it if I win. Unless I get hooked on playing it. How much is it worth? The auctioneer says it lights up when plugged in, but that's all the detail he gives.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Jfonzy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What would your max bid be on this machine?

to pachitalk!

Fair value of that machine if everything works is probably around $75-125 depending on the buyer. Though if there is any bad boards then the machine is worth almost nothing. As you can't replace them and good luck trying to remake one.

100 machines and counting...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Jfonzy View Post
    I have the opportunity to bid on this machine, but I know nothing about pachinko. I'd like to resell it if I win. Unless I get hooked on playing it. How much is it worth? The auctioneer says it lights up when plugged in, but that's all the detail he gives.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    In my humble opinion, I wouldn't bid more than $40-50 not knowing if the shooter/payout/music all work properly if you are intending to resell it, it would be a bummer and harder to sell if you pay a lot for it and it doesn't function right, parts would be very difficult to come by. If everything worked perfectly, maybe $100 (?) since there's not enough balls included and no cabinet for it which is always nice to have.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"ditto"
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, sounds like I may pass since we're up to about $60 on bidding. Thanks, everyone!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk.

Looks like it's not too beat up, but unless I had a chance to test it I personally would probably pass since there is nothing about the machine that impresses me as special. In good working condition and with a willingness to wait for a buyer you might be able to get $80 out of it. Maybe a little more if you invest in some balls, but not enough to cover the cost of your balls. So if you can get it for $20 and don't mind messing around on Craigslist you might be able to get 50 bucks out of it. As a general rule, I don't think there's much money to be made in flipping a pachinko machine unless you find a rare machine at a steal of a price.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i would agree with the values above.. if ya knew it worked then the upper end.. since your buying it unknowen the lower values..

if your really thinking your going to resell it then you better buy it at the bottom and hope you can find some one that has to have it.. theirs just not enough in these poor machine's to get rich..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everybody! It went for $63.50, and I passed on it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Beware. Machines that are advertised as "lights up, but I don't know anything more about it........." are risky in my opinion........especially if you are not mechanically inclined to begin with. I recently bought a similar machine that would not open the "fever" levers. The machine still played, but not to it's fullest extent. IMO, you don't want to mess with such a machine unless you can view it in action in person. Additionally, if you are getting into pachinko to make a buck, you may want to find another hobby to flip. This is not for the profit-motivated unless you have significant skills to refurbish and are able to score numerous machines for next to nothing. Even then, refurbishing machines is tedious work, and again, not exactly large money-makers for the time involved. Hope my comments help.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Bigdog