Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Black Friday haul

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My Black Friday haul

2050-12-31 23.59.59-95.jpgIt all started with a Yellow Cab that I made an offer on eBay for. I wanted it for less than I paid, because it was "local pickup"...IN ANNADALE VA. 2050-12-31 23.59.59-96.jpgIt didn't come with a key, but my OMRON key fits and turns. The cylinder is attached to the frame, and the hole in the door is too small for the key to pass. So you must remove the key to open the glass. 2050-12-31 23.59.59-118.jpg OOPS! Wrong pic...getting ahead of myself.
    Let me explain. Once I comitted myself to an 8 hr drive to pick it up...I had to make the trip worth it. So, I started checking Craigslist along my trip path. In Pennsylvania, adding about 1.5 hrs to my trip, was this early modern for $60.00 2050-12-31 23.59.59-115.jpg I could hardly pass. What better companion machine can you get for Yellow cab than Monroe?
    And this one may be cheating, I bought this one before Black friday...but it arrived on Black friday! 2050-12-31 23.59.59-141.jpg A Narita in its own little box! 2050-12-31 23.59.59-140.jpg I was walking out the door, as I was already getting a late start! Driver needing signature knocking. I requested it be sent "signature required". I did not even open the package until AFTER the trip!
    The trip was without any problems. Took longer than planned. Cost $75.00 in gas. 2050-12-31 23.59.59-156.jpg This is a close up of the back with 2 pins removed to take the back tray off. Plexiglass window is necessary during jackpot sequence, without it some balls spill out the back. So...yes, the Narita works, but I haven't played it yet. Although I did remove the pegboard box seconds after that pic was taken!2050-12-31 23.59.59-153.jpg This is the pic that I was trying to post above.
    And Monroe came in a cabinet...that had to be disassembled to pun in the Honda!2050-12-31 23.59.59-93.jpg
    Last edited by pachiwall; 11-26-2017 at 06:53 PM.

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My Black Friday haul

There's a special deep key for those cases, also needed for the Cutey Honey machines.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    There's a special deep key for those cases, also needed for the Cutey Honey machines.
    Anything like these with a longer shank? I have extra's.

Pachinko Key Sizes.jpg

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, those outside 4 are the deep ones.

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can see that they are deeper...how does this help? 2050-12-31 23.59.59-96.jpg As you can see, the head is too large to fit through the hole. The longer keys would allow the door to open a little bit more...but the head would still not pass.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It allows you to unlock the door, remove the key and then open it.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachiwall if you wana sell off your monroe lemme know wonderful machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachiwall, I can send you a long key to try out if you like. I also have a couple home made types with narrow heads that came with some of my machines that could work out as well.

Are there differing styles of the OMLOCK cylinder? I've only seen one type and that is attached to the door on all of my machines. Perhaps a design change over time that was done?

Now that I looked at your pics again, your key hole is part of the same face that opens up? All of mine are offset and separate from what part opens for the glass area.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 11-28-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice haul! Was that 8 hours round trip, or one way? If it was 8 hours 1 way, it was a LONG haul for a nice haul!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to hkp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Gmwd View Post
    Pachiwall if you wana sell off your monroe lemme know wonderful machine!
    Hard to sell a new acquisition...gotta play it for awhile. Which brings up the next issue. It has a MASSIVE ball jam. The seller dropped a ball into a pocket, and lights were flashing with cheezy electronic music. She may have opened her dress...but I wasnt watching. No balls were paying out, but with such a ball jam, that is to be expected. At home, I had to remove the computer to remove the Model C back to clear the jam of rusty balls. It also came with a bag of rusty balls. When I put it back together and turned it on...a small puff of smoke came out after about 10 seconds. I got the dingy white and the faded yellow connectors swapped! I opened the computer to see what fried. No visable signs of damage. I haven't put it back on yet to see if it still works...assuming it worked when I bought it. I originally thought early moderns built on Model C machines simply had a computer to work the lights, music, and center feature...with the rest of the machine mechanical. Not so, the jackpot tray is activated by a solenoid. Hope I did not kill the computer...I may be looking for a MONROE computer.
    That being said...if I get it working, I'm not "married" to Monroe. I probably would be willing to part with her. I am not a fan of moderns, and early moderns are often cheezy with annoying sound effects. I always thought Monroe was a silly/cool machine...so I thought I would try it. I'll probably get tired of it...if it works!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    It allows you to unlock the door, remove the key and then open it.
    That is what I do with a regular key...but a longer one would be a tiny bit better.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Pachiwall, I can send you a long key to try out if you like. I also have a couple home made types with narrow heads that came with some of my machines that could work out as well.

Are there differing styles of the OMLOCK cylinder? I've only seen one type and that is attached to the door on all of my machines. Perhaps a design change over time that was done?

Now that I looked at your pics again, your key hole is part of the same face that opens up? All of mine are offset and separate from what part opens for the glass area.
    Post a pic of the home made (modified?) keys. I thought that a key could have the head reduced to just smaller than the hole in the door, but length is an issue too. I'm not going to modify my only key, and possibly ruin it.
    Standard Omron lock as far as I can tell. Mounted to a plastic box attached to the locking bars. The door glass opens, and leaves the lock behind. I'll take pics later...post them in a new thread on YellowCab. I will have questions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hkp View Post
    Nice haul! Was that 8 hours round trip, or one way? If it was 8 hours 1 way, it was a LONG haul for a nice haul!
    8 hours ONE way! A long haul indeed! Guess I really wanted that YellowCab! My GPS has a feature to avoid toll roads. That probably added another 1/2 hr to 45 minutes. The last time I drove that route, the tolls were over $30.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I give you credit for taking that trip. For me 2 or 2-1/2 hours would be the road trip limit to pick something up. If it was something I REALLY wanted badly, 8 hours round trip. Too many bad drivers on the road to make the proposition of a long ride sound desirable.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to hkp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll buy it from ya either way whenever you are ready PM sent your way in 5 (been lookin for that cutie pie lol). I dont know what it is with early moderns and rust balls but I think I just recycled about 4000 of them lol. eesh. Yep jackpot is activated on most from signal from the computer. Depending on what smoked you may be fine, you may have blown a cap. I have faith in ya getting her working again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice purchases. Hopefully you can get Monroe sorted out.

Whenever I hear Monroe, though, I think of the Marilyn Monroe in the Lumina frame with the fish.

9 drums also requires a long key to open. I have a long rectangular key, with a small square head, for opening that and yellow cab around here somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find it.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Post a pic of the home made (modified?) keys. I thought that a key could have the head reduced to just smaller than the hole in the door, but length is an issue too. I'm not going to modify my only key, and possibly ruin it.
    Standard Omron lock as far as I can tell. Mounted to a plastic box attached to the locking bars. The door glass opens, and leaves the lock behind. I'll take pics later...post them in a new thread on YellowCab. I will have questions.
    Here are two home made keys that I received with machines from other members.

Pachinko Key Sizes b.jpg

The one with the square top stands out about 1/8" wider than the diameter of the lock itself.

Pachinko Key Sizes c.jpg

I'd like to see about duplicating it a couple times and then to pare down the size to be no wider than the lock. I just don't have the ability to do such a task at this time but it sounds like what you would be looking for in the end.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the Narita. That is my favorite of the three! 2050-12-31 23.59.59-148.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has commented on the Narita. That is my favorite of the three! 2050-12-31 23.59.59-148.jpg
    Perhaps just in the wrong section for this old girl

Cool Machine, why the 2 holes in the front?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast