Thread: Pegasus WARP???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pegasus WARP???

Below are pictures of a machine I just acquired. Being very new to these machines, I am under the impression that it was made in 1994 by a company called Daido. I have not been able to find a match on another site or in the museum on this site however. The closest I found on this site, in name at least was "New Pegasus" by E.M.A. made in 2003. I searched this and some other sites but cannot find any mention of it. Is it a rare machine or just not a popular one? I am really enjoying the machine and already looking for a second machine. I would love any advice on how to adjust settings in my machine or any information or history anyone might know about it. Also would like any suggestions about a good second machine to look out for. I appreciate all the help I have recieved from my earlier post. I have only been on this site a short time and am very impressed. I used to be an avid video game console collector but was turned off by all the negativity and bashing going on on the collector's sites I came across. Definitely a different and better experience here.

2011-07-07_22-08-55_234.jpg2011-07-07_22-07-50_514.jpg2011-07-07_22-13-12_568.jpg2011-07-07_22-13-25_767.jpg2011-07-07_22-09-37_972.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pegasus WARP???

nice pachislo, not many older models around, but value is all supply and demand on these
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you, I was really impressed with the condition of the machine. I used to collect arcade machines and pinball machines and rarely were they in such good shape when I got them. I am really not concerned with the value of the machine as I have no intention of selling it. I am having way too much fun with it. I just wish I could find out some history on the machine and instructions on adjusting the settings.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine is made by daido about 1994. The second picture from left shows the power supply,with no reset key. Do you have the smaller reset key for the machine. You have to have it to set the odds at different levels. The machine is really not rare ,It's just an older pachislo that is still around.It looks to be in good condition still.The key for resetting the machine can be taken out and replaced with a toggle switch. It is not to difficult, to take the power supply apart.To change odds . 1rst turn machine off 2nd turn reset key to right. 3rd turn machine back on ,4th press reset button and numbers show on front door 1-6 ,1 the hardest through 6 the easiet odds . Once the level is picked press down on spin knob and hold for 5 seconds then turn reset key or toggle off the machine will start up and be ready for play.I hope this helps you . And good luck
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

6. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much, I will give this a try when I get home tonight. I do have the smaller key however when I put it in it would not turn and I did not want to force it. Looks like I will be installing a toggle switch. I really appreciate the help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone know what these two switches I circled are for?

switches.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I Touched up one of your Pic's a Bit.

Warp.jpg

If you could take clearer / closer Pic's of the various buttons and switches on the power supply for us to read the Japanese writing that goes with each one I'm sure a Member or two will ring in to tell you what they say to help you figure out what they do.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

10. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will try to take a better picture when I get home. I used my cell phone to take the pictures and they did not turn out as well as I had hoped.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those are used in the parlors to clear the machine after a bonus round they are auto restart buttons. Iam not sure if they are on or off .When they are set one way the machine reclears itself , the other way you must turn the door key to the left for a soft reset. Also one of the switches will payout all the credits after a bonus, if the switch is the other way the credits stay at 50 after the bonus.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yose, you have been a great help. I am going to try and take closer, clearer pictures to see if anyone can translate them for me. I am anxious to get back home and see if I can adjust the odds on the machine if I can get the key to work. I was hoping to set the odds to easy in an attempt to get my wife more excited about the machine. Would help to soften the blow when I decide on my next machine.

Does anybody have any suggestions on a machine. I am not so concerned about price as I am about finding an excellent machine that will keep me coming back for more.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to help .As far as other machines go, there are so many to choose from. try looking at the robinest.com or bluehotaru.com for suggestions,or custom pachislo.com . They are dealers and members of pachitalk,all good people to deal with. I know if you like the machine you have now the newer ones will surely hook you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I played around with the machine. I found out that the top switch in the up position causes the machine to only allow three tokens to be inserted and does not build up credits. When in this mode the machine also pays out in tokens instantly whenever you win. When not in this mode it will allow you to build up to 50 credits either by inserting tokens or winning them. I found there is also a button on the front of the machine that will switch between these two modes. I still have not figured out what the other (lower) switch does. Also, the small key I received with the machine does not work. Is there any hope of getting the right key for the machine or should I just do the toggle switch mod?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Toggle switch is the easy way... ya "might" find a key but i know you can get a new toggle
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am sure that I will end up going with the toggle switch. In the past, when I was collecting arcade machines and pinballs, I was always dead set against modifying them. I took a lot of pride in restoring them and keeping everything original. Who knows maybe I will do the oposite this time and see how much I can mod. It really seems to be a simple machine. My game room is packed with Steelers items, maybe I can make this a Steeler themed game.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took my power supply box out !!carefully!! don't touch anything inside but the lock should have a nut holding it inside the power supply box, loosen it and carefully unplug the two connectors (mine were like shrunkwrap with springs so I had to be delicate). Anyway. Take that lock Cylinder to a locksmith (village key in my case) and they should be able to custom cut you a key. Within 1 hour (after lunch break) I stopped by and they had made a 100% working reset key. There not very complex keys so it should be possible. Even at that your machine is even older so I would assume it could be easier.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The other night after a couple of adult beverages, I decided to tackle the reset switch problem. I took removed the power supply and then removed the key switch. I was able to make it work with the key, actually it will now work with about any key or a screwdriver. After putting everything together and with the help I recieved on this site, I was able to adjust the skill level on the machine. I am curious though. I there really any skill involved with the stop buttons? Or does the machine predetermine the outcome of the spin?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on some machines you may be able to eyeshoot the first 2 reels, the 3rd reel goes where it wants

24. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That makes sense. I felt like the first two reels stopped as soon as the buttons were pressed, however there was a delay in the third reel. Any reccomendations on what to set the skill level to? I currently have it on 6 which as soon as I made the adjustment the game went straight to Big Bonus. I want to keep the game interesting and exciting, however making it too easy takes some of the excitement of winning away.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Pegasus WARP???

i find 3 or 4 is better for more action,

you get more smaller wins and more fun between bonuses

27. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am hoping to get some time in with the machine tonight. I will give the other settings a try to find a good fit. I am also going to try to get some better pictures of my machine to hope to get some help with translations.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ