Thread: Nishijin Super DX with pictures this time

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Super DX (with pictures this time)

This is the Model B that I got two pictures to post the other day. Now I have about 20 more pictures, and I could use a little help from y'all with getting the back apart to clean it. There is still some dirt and whatnot (stuff) that comes out with the balls so it needs a good cleaning.
    Image 6.jpgImage 8.jpgImage 17.jpgImage 18.jpgImage 16.jpgImage 3.jpgImage 2.jpgImage 2.jpgImage 1.jpg

So to start with, I have had the easy parts off the back, the ball drain chute, the cover over the light switch on the left, and the back of the drain, so I could replace the staples with screws.

How does the main part of the back come off? There looks to be 4 or 5 screws, but after removing them it still wouldn't budge.

Steve

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to spshafer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Super DX (with pictures this time)

There are a number of parts that must be removed prior to the removal of the final large two pieces. All of the upper ball ramps, the lower chute, the jackpot arm, rod, and lever assemblys, as well as the covers and the brackets to name a few. Its a bit too much for me to describe in a quick post, but there is a bunch of stuff that has to come off first.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does that include some of those e-clips that look verrrry small and easy to lose?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Usually only 1 of them, the one to remove the swivel that connects the two rods between the hopper-low lever and the flag trigger. I can get the jackpot connecting rods and stuff off without pulling the e-clip.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by spshafer View Post
    This is the Model B that I got two pictures to post the other day. Now I have about 20 more pictures, and I could use a little help from y'all with getting the back apart to clean it. There is still some dirt and whatnot (stuff) that comes out with the balls so it needs a good cleaning.
    So to start with, I have had the easy parts off the back, the ball drain chute, the cover over the light switch on the left, and the back of the drain, so I could replace the staples with screws.

How does the main part of the back come off? There looks to be 4 or 5 screws, but after removing them it still wouldn't budge.

Steve
    Steve,
    There is one e clip attached to the ball dump and one attached to the empty tray flag that I usually remove prior to pulling off all the staples.

See white circles...

White Circles.jpg

Once you pull all the nails (on one to three dust covers) and all the staples, you'll be able to remove three screws from the inside of the mechanism that hold on the bigger piece of plastic that won't budge for you. I have seen it also glued but usually it is not glued. I like to predrill the holes while the mechanism is still mostly attached but if you can not, then mark the outline of the plastic on the wood or mark the holes for future reference. It pretty much has to go on exactly where it was - to line up. There are four screws on the lower jackpot arm that need to be removed and to go back in the same location. (red rectangle)

Great to see you expanding your aracde!
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Carl. That will be a big help. Today will be a bit of a distraction. traveling to an undisclosed location to pickup a new one. This one will be a modern Pachinko with a video of some sort. BTW the e-clip attached to the ball dump appears not to be there at all. Doesn't cause any trouble that I can see so I just go ahead and carry on without it. The other nails all over the back were the ones I was wondering about. Thanks for the very precise answer.

Steve (hunting Pachis)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would also note in case you lose it, the eclip on the flag trigger lever can be replaced with a 1/8" clip with no problems, at least it worked for me.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Rival