Thread: A Dark Day :

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy A Dark Day :(

In Quebec, we are all still confounded at why this happened - especially in a school. Really a dark day for us.

Dawson College shooting timeline
    Max HarroldCanWest News Service, The Montreal Gazette

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

CREDIT: CP PHOTO/Ian BarrettA woman is comforted as she evacuates the school during a shooting incident at Dawson College in Montreal, Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2006. An armed man dressed in black and sporting a Mohawk haircut entered a Montreal college on Wednesday and went on a shooting rampage, wounding 20 people and causing widespread panic.Prior to the start of this timeline, Global National has learned that two Montreal police officers were on the scene preparing to conduct a drug bust when the shooting started.

About 12:30 p.m.: Witnesses see a man wearing a long black trench coat get out of a two-door black Pontiac Sunfire near Dawson College’s de Maisonneuve Blvd. entrance. He is carrying a large assault-style weapon. He has a mohawk haircut and is wearing combat boots.
    12:35 -12:40: A witness in the Alexis Nihon Plaza office tower across the street from Dawson says she hears "machine-gun fire" coming from the school’s de Maisonneuve Blvd entrance. From her window, she sees a severely wounded man lying at the entrance. Another witness says the gunman shoots two other people outside the school before he goes in. Police are in the area for an unrelated reason; they follow the gunman.
    12:41: Shooting starts in Dawson’s second-floor atrium cafeteria area, police say. Witnesses report about 20 shots fired.
    12:41: First 911 call reports shots fired inside Dawson College. Within seconds, 911 is flooded with 400 calls about shots fired.
    12:45: Police cars swarm the campus.
    12:48: Witnesses in the college atrium hear more gunshots and see a single gunman dressed in black, firing toward students. They hear him say "Get back." The gunman fires intermittently for several minutes. Students crawl on the ground away from the shooter. Teachers usher students into classrooms. Police exchange gunfire with the suspect.
    1:00: Evacuation of Dawson begins, with students running out of the school’s side-door entrance on Wood Ave.
    1:15: Shops in Alexis Nihon Plaza across the street close their doors with some customers still inside. A voice on the public address system advises people still in the concourse to "evacuate immediately."
    1:30: Hundreds of people, including many students, run east along Ste. Catherine St. in front of the Pepsi Forum after unconfirmed reports of more shooting.
    1:42: Métro service is stopped on the Green Line between McGill and Lionel Groulx stations. Service along the line is restored about 4:23 p.m. but with no stops at Atwater station. Trains begin stopping at Atwater again at 7:50 but only the Westmount Square entrance is open.
    2:15: Last students from Dawson College flee seventh-floor science labs. They pass through Dawson’s now bloody atrium.
    2:40: Montreal police Constable Ian Lafrenière says police are still looking for one to three suspects.
    4:00: Police secure school grounds after completing floor-by-floor sweep.
    8:00: More than six hours after the shooting, the bodies of the shooter and Anastasia DeSouza, 18, remain on school grounds. Police say they are taking their time removing them to ensure a proper investigation.The woman’s covered body is being treated with respect, police say.
    9:15: Police reveal the suspect was a 25-year-old Canadian man. He had three weapons on him during the incident. He acted alone and police officers killed him at the school.
    Global National Online Extras
    » Hannah Boudreau reports
    » More Global National News

© CanWest News Service 2006
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm not a complete idiot
    - some parts are missing
    *Thunder VII**Azteca Legends**NeoPlanetT

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A Dark Day :(

Very sad. You have to wonder just what is wrong with some people.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When a mind snaps and reason and judgment are no longer available for the mind to draw from, terrible things can happen. Thankfully more people weren't killed in this rampage.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just can't believe these things are still happening in our apparently enlightened times.....

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So sorry to hear about this tragic loss of a young woman's life, and the suffering of the others. I guess we'll never know exactly what was going on in that man's head.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very sad Very, very sad.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its very sad that things like this have to happen..
    none knws what lurks in the mind of anyone..
    with all the complications in modern life, it doesnt take much to push someone over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi
    I just can't believe these things are still happening in our apparently enlightened times.....

Sadly, incidents like this are becoming more common place. more and more people screaming for attention. we are going to hell in a handbasket and then some...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is a sad/ bad thing. At least when my mind snaps, I buy another machine!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate