Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Daiichi Escape - My first modern pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Daiichi Escape - My first modern pachinko

I've got a couple vintage pachinko machines. For my birthday my wife brought home this Daiichi ESCAPE modern pachinko. When I plug it in it lights up and then some sort of alarm/tone kind of sound starts. It's got a massive ball jam. Maybe that's the cause of the alarm?

Any ideas on how to clear this jam out? Can anyone point me in the right direction for a setup manual/video for this? Do the modern machines fall into categories (like the vintage Nishijin types b/c/etc)?

I'm reluctant to start tearing things apart without knowing more about what I've got and how it works.

thumbnail_20191015_183104.jpgthumbnail_20191015_183306.jpgthumbnail_20191015_183322.jpgthumbnail_20191015_183119.jpgthumbnail_20191015_183154.jpg

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like the ball jam is in the bottom “spent/wasted ball” area? Kinda like the machine is constipated; not ejecting balls out the back? Those balls look very rusty too!

If you open up the front glass and drop a ball in the in the wasted/loser ball pocket on the bottom of the cell or a win pocket does it fall out the back?

If not; you’ll probably have to disassemble the back portion where the clog is and see what the blockage is. Do the payouts work?

Most moderns are completely different frames; but they are similar.

Might help to turn the machine upside down and give it a good shake!
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 10-15-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daiichi Escape - My first modern pachinko

Thanks. I managed to figure out how to open it up and clear the jam. Still want to know more before I load it back up.

It looks like there's a motor of some sort that's part of the payout mechanism. Is that right?

And how is the shooter supposed to work? Right now the knob turns but nothing seems to happen.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by topper View Post
    Thanks. I managed to figure out how to open it up and clear the jam. Still want to know more before I load it back up.

It looks like there's a motor of some sort that's part of the payout mechanism. Is that right?

And how is the shooter supposed to work? Right now the knob turns but nothing seems to happen.
    Yeah, yours has a payout motor on the right side middle where the balls come down the chute looking at it from the rear view.

Should just be able to hold and twist the knob; you should hear the motor/launcher thumping away. If, not could be a bad shooter, or a connector wire is loose. Or maybe something blocking the mechanics of the shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What do you mean by modern pachinko "frames"?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What do you mean by modern pachinko "frames"?
    The frame is the rest of the machine besides the cell; the cell is the playfield and electronic boards specific to that game. Usually multiple different cells will fit and can be swapped out to play different games.

Here’s what the cell looks like removed from the frame:

8. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A cell is like an Apple watch and the frame is like an Apple watch band. The band, like the frame just holds the actual interchangable electronic part. A lot of pachinko machines can sit in the same frames, so you may only need to buy interchangable cells which can be cheaper to ship due to lower weight.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I can tell it's going to take a little time to get familiar with modern pachinko. In terms of setup, the frame is what's important? How do I know what frame I have and where do I find setup instructions?

I cleared the ball jam and cleaned the passages near the jam. I'm cleaning up the balls and removing the rusty/dirty ones.

I guess there's nothing else but to load some balls back in the top, turn it on and see what happens?

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I can tell it's going to take a little time to get familiar with modern pachinko. In terms of setup, the frame is what's important? How do I know what frame I have and where do I find setup instructions?

I cleared the ball jam and cleaned the passages near the jam. I'm cleaning up the balls and removing the rusty/dirty ones.

I guess there's nothing else but to load some balls back in the top, turn it on and see what happens?
    Exactly; assuming it’s working 100%, the only setup needed is to load 500+ balls in the rear hopper, plug it in, and start shooting balls. There’s only a few frame specific manuals available; and usually just for popular frames (like the Sankyo Lumina of the mid 00’s)

Every manufacturer has different specific frames/cells so it’s an apples to oranges comparison in most cases. They are not interchangeable between different manufactures. For your next machine; I’d suggest a 2004-2019 Sankyo of some sort; tons of different cells; both skill based hanemono and digipachi. If you like the naughty themed ones; get one of those late model Takaos; there’s some nice cells available for those. I’m also a big fan of Heiwa’s newer machines! (2010+)

Keep reading posts in the modern section and you’ll find a wealth of knowledge!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well here's what happens when I load it up with balls and plug it in. Nothing has changed after clearing the jam.

The mechanical hum you hear as soon as I plug it in seems to be coming from a motor on the bottom left (when facing the front) of the machine. I can't tell what this motor is supposed to do. Balls dropped in one of the pockets seem to find their way there though.

Last edited by topper; 10-16-2019 at 07:06 PM.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the motor noise come from the rear payout motor? Maybe it’s trying to dispense winning balls but can’t and errors out making that horrible alarm? If the machine has all those old rusty balls in the payout area that’s likely jammed up like the bottom area was.

Try finding the ball release switch on the back and drain all the balls; reload then retry. You may need to remove the payout motor mechanism completely if there’s stuff blocking it. It happens; I had a packing peanut find its way in there one time after being shipped and cause similar problems. Usually just a few screws holding the payout motor/gear assembly.

If not payout motor related; could be some connector loose, or just needs a hard reset (usually there’s a tiny reset button you can hold down for 5 seconds while powering on the machine; usually it’s near the power switch on the frame).

Worst case scenario there’s some obscure electronic component gone bad on one of the boards, then you’re out of luck unless you are or know an electronics expert.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, from your pictures you need more balls!
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 10-16-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pics of the back in its current condition please..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    pics of the back in its current condition please..
    Here you go. It's empty now, but the upper hopper was full when I took the video.
    15712782791385.jpg

The moaning motor is behind here.
    15712782691484.jpg

Nothing happens back here when I turn the shooter in front.
    15712782453492.jpg

What's this for? With the top hopper full, balls line up above here. If i bump it they payout. Does this need to be set in a starting position like a payout seesaw on a vintage machine? Does this even have a seesaw?
    15712782878916.jpg

I can't find anything like an on/off switch or reset switch. Do they all have them and if so where?

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is that noisy payout motor turning at all? I believe in this type of payout system the motor runs all the time. Could be jammed in some way causing the error.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

19. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Is that noisy payout motor turning at all? I believe in this type of payout system the motor runs all the time. Could be jammed in some way causing the error.
    I don't think it is turning. To clear the jam, I disassembled most of the plastic around it. I didn't see anything visibly jamming the motor. But I guess the next logical step is to remove it and be sure. It'll probably be Friday or Saturday before I can get to that.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This thread should be of some interest: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...587#post478587

Chumsize had a similar if not exactly the same issue with one of these machines a few years back. Looks like must the payout mechanism isn’t as robust and reliable as other machines of this era.

Perhaps you can rig up a similar fix as he did!

23. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A little progress. There was a ball stuck in the timing motor. I removed it. Nothing appears obviously broken. I can drop balls into pockets and get a few payouts. Each time it drops the winning ball out the back. Until it doesn't. Then it jams again.

Also, the shooting mechanism does nothing.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to topper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like the shooter spring is broken; it should snap back automatically to the starting position. You’ll probably want to take the shooter apart to see what’s going on.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shooter Knob spring. Might check that knob, there's a button on the side (usually lower left I think) that pauses shooting, my be stuck too.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Shooter Knob spring. Might check that knob, there's a button on the side (usually lower left I think) that pauses shooting, my be stuck too.
    Inside the knob? So take apart the front of the machine? There's a spring in the back that's part of the hammer mechanism but I'm guessing that's not what you're talking about.

There's a small button to the top right of the knob. You can see it in the video I can push it in and it pops out, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is that the button you're talking about?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast