Thread: Power Flash Super Deluxe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Power Flash Super Deluxe

Hello to Everyone,

I would like to thank this group for being there, especially Mudfud & Moparformances for their excellent video's on YouTube. They really advanced my learning on this machine.

I am new here and have been bitten by the "Bug". We bought a Nishijin Power Flash Super Deluxe at an Antique Shop in South Beloit yesterday, which seems to be in fairly good shape, other than the missing / substituted 10 and 24 volt power supply. I have been cleaning it up & inspecting it and searching for info on the net. I need to get some balls, as it only came with 3. Kind of hard to play when the upper hopper is empty and stops the balls from loading into the shooter, not to mention, no bonus payout.
    The Nishijin has a Radio Shack 12.6 V 2A transformer mounted in the base, which has another output tap hanging free. There is no plug on the transformer, and I will not wire it up until I get some specs on it.
    Does anybody have any Information, as in ball sizes, power requirements, (volts & amps), wiring diagrams, and manuals on this machine. A 5/8 (.625 inch) diameter black steel ball fell out of the machine when I laid it down in the back of the car. The three balls that came with the machine are about .433 inch diameter or 11 mm. Is this the correct size? I do not believe that the .625 dia ball belongs because that is clearly an American size and the only thing close in metric is 16 mm (.630 inch). There was some talk some where about a Pachinko ball being used in the mechanism for a weight and maybe this was substituted??
    I have not ohmed out the four solenoids inside the machine as of yet, but they do not appear to be fried. I will check circuits today with a VOM. Any help is greatly appreciated. The China Man (It's a Beautiful Day) & I Thank you for your time. I hope to be contributing here as I learn more.
    Keith

2. The following user says "Thanks" to knedvecki