Thread: Need repair hep - Denver area

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Need repair hep - Denver area

Hi all-

Picked up a vintage machine as a birthday gift for my mom (we used to have one in the 70's and she misses it). It's in pretty good shape but was dirty. I cleaned it up - still has the following issues: payout only works the first time balls are loaded, lights are not installed (fuse block is missing also). I'm not familiar enough with how it works to fix it. Can anyone direct me to someone in Colorado who can help me get it running? Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need repair hep - Denver area

Hi, and welcome to the forum! How many balls do you have? If you post some decent pictures (2 MB max) of the back, we can probably help you get it going yourself. Power is very easy to repair as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by gooilers View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum! How many balls do you have? If you post some decent pictures (2 MB max) of the back, we can probably help you get it going yourself. Power is very easy to repair as well.
    Thanks gooilers….I have attached a pic of the back of the machine. I added a couple hundred balls, and they seem to go into the payout chute at first, but after the first time it pays out, the chute doesn't fill back up. I'm not sure if these various levers just need to be lubricated, or if something is missing or broken. Also, regarding the lights, I see that I can get a kit for around $20 online, but I don't know if I need a fuse bar and I'm not sure where to get the grommets for the bulbs. Also, on the left side of the back of the machine (about midway up) there are a couple of what appear to be contact wires sticking out, but I have no idea where they go. At the top right, I have two reds, a black and a white.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are a couple balls resting on the spoon. Outlet from the seesaw. Lift the wire and they should fall out. Perhaps things are a bit sticky. Those balls are preventing the payout refill. Clean and dry only, no lubrication please.

Appears most of the wiring has been removed. The 2 wires coming up from the seesaw is your payout switch. The wires up top will be for power in and low ball light.

Most vintage work the same. Check the video in the stickies on the model B if you have not already. I would drain the balls and manually actuate the payout levers to check for free movement.

I get grommets at Lowes..5/8 OD x 3/8 ID. Inline fuse is a good idea if your using a power adapter. Not required if using a battery.

I am working on similar currently. Pic of the back for reference.20190326_222750-1.jpg

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

keep posting and im sure we can help ya get it working..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk! I don't have that style (Okumurayuki?), but it looks like it works like Model B. Here is the video that Tink was referring to: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...-Model-B-Video

8. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Get those 2 stuck balls out, reset the seesaw by pushing up the button near 248, and make sure there are enough balls in it to hold down the low ball pressure plate. The green plastic is clear enough to see inside...watch the back while dropping a ball into a winning pocket, but first...
    The winning ball will go through the seesaw, behind the clear oval. When the seesaw is down, as in your pic...it pushes a brass hook to the right. The bar that the brass hook is attached to...to the right, that bar has a plastic pad that the jackpot balls fall onto, The falling balls tilt this pad down lifting the hook Which can only happen because the seesaw is down (meaning a winning ball passed through). If the seesaw is up, the brass hook grabs a post and NO JACKPOT. OK, that last sentence was unnecessary. My point was...when that bar tilts (the brass hook lifts), it somehow interacts with the wire that releases the the JP ball from the spoon. (where your balls are stuck) There should only be one ball there at a time, and it is held in place by the wire until the bar (brass hook and plastic pad) tilts, then releases it. I believe low balls in the top hopper can cause this.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    There are a couple balls resting on the spoon. Outlet from the seesaw. Lift the wire and they should fall out. Perhaps things are a bit sticky. Those balls are preventing the payout refill. Clean and dry only, no lubrication please.

Appears most of the wiring has been removed. The 2 wires coming up from the seesaw is your payout switch. The wires up top will be for power in and low ball light.

Most vintage work the same. Check the video in the stickies on the model B if you have not already. I would drain the balls and manually actuate the payout levers to check for free movement.

I get grommets at Lowes..5/8 OD x 3/8 ID. Inline fuse is a good idea if your using a power adapter. Not required if using a battery.

I am working on similar currently. Pic of the back for reference.20190326_222750-1.jpg
    Tink-

Thanks for the additional info. I saw the balls you were talking about, and took the covers off the back again to clean everything and remove them. All the levers seem to be pretty fluid, but once I reloaded the machine and tested it again, the payout happened the first time and then stopped again. The balls are again accumulating on top of the spoon. Do you know why that would happen? I feel like I am getting close to full functionality as many of the other issues have resolved now, but not sure about this payout. Thank you again for your help....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's all in the timing. Drop a ball in a pocket and watch the back. Perhaps the payout ramp is not going far down enough to hit the lever which raises the paperclip to release the winning ball. A sticky payout ramp can cause this issue. There is a threaded adjustment at the lower right if needed to correct the timimg.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by skb View Post
    Tink-

Thanks for the additional info. I saw the balls you were talking about, and took the covers off the back again to clean everything and remove them. All the levers seem to be pretty fluid, but once I reloaded the machine and tested it again, the payout happened the first time and then stopped again. The balls are again accumulating on top of the spoon. Do you know why that would happen? I feel like I am getting close to full functionality as many of the other issues have resolved now, but not sure about this payout. Thank you again for your help....
    just a guess hear...

clear the jams and reset the machine.. then drop just one ball in a pocket and see what happens after one ball..

I have see on a few machines the end of the jackpot cycle not reset..

after the jackpot pays and the balls fall from the jackpot mech they land on a long paddle.. the act of them falling on said paddle does two things.. first is this act lifts the paper clip releasing the ball from the spoon.. second and most important it resets the jackpot seesaw and allows a second ball to enter starting the jackpot sequence over.. I have had two machine repairs in the last few months where the pivot point of said paddle was so stiff the balls would not push it down.. or once down gravity would not allow it to rise back up..

My 2 cents..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances