Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brand new to pachinko please help !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Brand new to pachinko please help !

Hello! In the past few months I have fell in love with pachislo and now have purchased my 4th... With the deal I got the pictured pachinko for $15.00! So now I need to clean it up, learn to play and the general basics , I know nothing please help :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Brand new to pachinko please help !

First, WELCOME!

I'd say the first order of business is to find out if you are missing any critical parts, like track covers or linkages. Post a few close up pics of the back of the machine and the more veteran members can knock out any obvious issues.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will post tomorrow! Thanks so much !

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pictures of the back please let me know if you need more. I see a micro switch hanging in assuming it triggers the lights I don't appear to have but can make easy enough. Is that accurate ? It looks like everything is there though I will need to 3d print a new ball
    load tray as you can see in the picture this one is breaking/broke

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This one looks a bit more modern than I'm used to seeing. You'll probably want to remove some of the cover(which, you're missing a couple pieces of anyway) and snap a pic so others can tell you if all the moving parts are under there(I would assume they're all there). It looks like you have your track cover up top. You're correct that you'll have to replace the ball hopper. And yes, the switch controls the lights. It's fairly common for the wiring and lights to be removed before they even leave Japan, so that's a common fix. Hopefully some others will jump in today and help you out more than I can.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would this be a "modern" pachinko then? I'd hate to be posting in the wrong spot lol. It appears that it's all there. I manually dropped the balls through each hole and the machine holds them but to be honest I'm not sure I know how it's suppose to work or be played lol. Is this something easy to learn? Are there instruction videos floating around out there ? When I get home from work I will remove the covers start my clean up and send better pictures :-). Thank you for all the help! I really appreciate it !

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,

i worked restored a machine of the same type but don't remember everything but if you can take the covers off I might be able to tell you if all there. Others more experienced might know more however. The back comes off using little screw knobs. It was pretty easy to work on. It has been a while and I don't have the machine though.

Here is is a good video that is for a Nishijin model b which has similar parts, they just might look a little different due to mfg. It will explain how the machines work. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Gmwd View Post
    Would this be a "modern" pachinko then? I'd hate to be posting in the wrong spot lol.
    No, I wouldn't call it a modern machine. It definitely looks like a late 70s machine, but the see-saw mechanism is either positioned strangely (compared to my machines), or it's completely different. I define a modern machine as one having a motorized shooter, but I bet others would have a more accurate definition.
    If you take a close pic of the sticker on the front lower right part of the playing field, we can guess at a manufacture date for your machine.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The raz, I will post a picture of the sticker tonight. Mr toad. Thank you I will post pictures with the covers off tonight! I appreciate it !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Brand new to pachinko please help !

PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

19. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like a complete machine.. for the most part.. nice looking from the front.. great colors
    the ball hopper is damaged a bit bu nothing a little 5 min epoxy cant fix.. you missing the center jackpot cover.. no big deal at it is usualy missing.. your going to have to kinker with the lighs a bit to get them working but other then that i would load her up and give it a whirrrrrl ..

yes its a vintage machine.. we generally consider modern machine to be 1980 ish and new.. most anything with an electro shooter is considered a modern machine.. there are a few tru vintage machine that have electro shooters but there kinda rare..

if your interested you can view vintage machines with electro shooters hear

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=10
    Last edited by Moparformances; 09-25-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will post pictures of this machine as soon as I can. With mopars gracious assistance I am working on trying to get my 2nd machine working as this one is missing the front glass ... No glass = dangerous play. Not that I would have done something as silly as try or anything lol. But I did ! Haha. Mopar thank you. The pictures look better than the machine does but I think she will clean up nice. Any opinion on the glass to use on it ?

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any opinion on the glass to use on it ?
    ahhhhhhhh the age ol question

to glass or not to glass that is the question

hear are my 2 cents..

if you have kids plexi is the way to go.. young ones like to bang on the glass and lets just say thats no good. if you have older kids then glass on the back and plexi in the front.. (ya do know it can have two pieces) if it adults only then double glass.. glass is cleaner and does not scratch so easy.. it give a better sound and is jsut a nicer cleaner look..

if youy on a budget then one sheet of thick plexi on the back slot.. either way make sire you have something in the back slot..

also keep in mind that for testing purposes you can fill the hopper and had feed balls into the tulips to make sure everything is working right.. mos of the time when im doing repairs i take the glass/plexi out and test with nothing.. this allows ne to had feed multi balls into a tulip to make sure the machine will play correctly and no better way then to dumpp 10 or 15 balls back to back onto the tulip and see if they stack up or pay out one at a time like it should..

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So glass it is! Do you recommend the way expensive tempered glass or then cheap panes from a hardware store? I have a glass cutting knife so I would buy enough to do both slots in both my pachinko and one pane extra just in case. I have found if you have the parts sitting on the shelf... Those parts in the machine won't break lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have found if you have the parts sitting on the shelf... Those parts in the machine won't break lol
    lol

yes get the cheap pane of glass.. dont bother with tempered..

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you much!!!! On both postings lol. You are a life savor. After I get them both cleaned up and working... The lights lol.... How? Where is the battery why are there only 2! Lol tell me everything hahahha

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    carl (or anyone), would you happen to have a wiring diagram? I'd like to get the lights going after the repairs and clean up :-D

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lights are easy..

think of it as a loop.. power from the source to the switch then to the bulb and back to the source.. when the switch is open light off when the switch is closed light on..

do a search other have made and posted schematics and diagrams.. but if ya dumb it down to a loop you can make your own easy..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the pictures with the covers removed (just the one with knobs as I have another machine apart id hate to mix them up lol). It appears complete. Hope to have glass in it by Tuesday and playing all cleaned up by Friday ! Assuming of course I don't get tired of waiting and just start cleaning all night lol)

33. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On all of my machines (4) the "jackpot" light is triggered by the see-saw mechanism. Mine are all just two flat pieces of metal with small bumps on them. When the see-saw tips it pushes the two together making contact and the light liters up. When the see-saw returns to its normal position it opens the contacts and the light goes off. Same concept with the supply hopper switch. Your switch looks like it's just dangling out there in space. You will need to mount it by the see-saw. Hope this helps.

35. The following user says "Thanks" to MagicDan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast