Thread: strange odd slot???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default strange odd slot???

anyone seen something like this before??

not that im interested but thought it was different looking..

Slot Machine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: strange odd slot???

thats a UK fruit machine

any of them are very scare in the U.S. dur to size and shipping cost.

6 X FULLY WORKING FRUIT MACHINES on eBay (end time 12-Mar-11 17:51:01 GMT)
    Last edited by luckydog; 03-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    thats a UK fruit machine

any of them are very scare in the U.S. dur to size and shipping cost.

6 X FULLY WORKING FRUIT MACHINES on eBay (end time 12-Mar-11 17:51:01 GMT)
    Thanks Paul... thats allot different looking fruit Machine then I have seen
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually that is not a slot machine in that sense that it uses slot reels. It looks like a UK slot machine, but the main difference is that the machine listed on CG uses a roulette-kind of function instead of any reels at all. Originally that machine comes from either Taiwan or Hongkong and were very popular in the 90s. The "panel" is a little hard to see on that picture. But what you do is that you put money into that machine, and then you bet on different symbols by pushing the button corresponding to a picture above the button, which is a fruit or any other symbol. Then the roulette on the screen starts to spin, and if it stops at any symbol that you have been betting on, then you win!

And a little sidenote, those machines i have seen selling for about 10-50 USD in Taiwan. Now it is located in the US, so the situation is different. But that is really a high price i think

Another sidenote: The reason why it is Mario in that machine is that back in the days, copyright was not the most well-known thing in Taiwan. And besides Japan, then Taiwan is one of few nations that has a kind of Pachinko culture. One main difference is that some of the machines in Taiwan uses different types of Pachinko machines which looks like a mix of a pinball game, and a pachinko machine. The reason why i writing this, is that those machines did also break the copyright and used sound effects from famous arcade games like Street fighter II etc etc. The types of machines closest Japanese brother i would say is the are-pachi machines since you shoot the balls into small slots at the bottom.

7. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Phoenixking

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: strange odd slot???

Wow, very cool to know..

And...

WELCOME!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MrGneiss; 03-10-2011 at 05:01 AM.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

9. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Actually that is not a slot machine in that sense that it uses slot reels. It looks like a UK slot machine, but the main difference is that the machine listed on CG uses a roulette-kind of function instead of any reels at all. Originally that machine comes from either Taiwan or Hongkong and were very popular in the 90s. The "panel" is a little hard to see on that picture. But what you do is that you put money into that machine, and then you bet on different symbols by pushing the button corresponding to a picture above the button, which is a fruit or any other symbol. Then the roulette on the screen starts to spin, and if it stops at any symbol that you have been betting on, then you win!

And a little sidenote, those machines i have seen selling for about 10-50 USD in Taiwan. Now it is located in the US, so the situation is different. But that is really a high price i think

Another sidenote: The reason why it is Mario in that machine is that back in the days, copyright was not the most well-known thing in Taiwan. And besides Japan, then Taiwan is one of few nations that has a kind of Pachinko culture. One main difference is that some of the machines in Taiwan uses different types of Pachinko machines which looks like a mix of a pinball game, and a pachinko machine. The reason why i writing this, is that those machines did also break the copyright and used sound effects from famous arcade games like Street fighter II etc etc. The types of machines closest Japanese brother i would say is the are-pachi machines since you shoot the balls into small slots at the bottom.
    Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post

Great information Thanks

Welcome to Pachitalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the warm welcome greetings guys! Here is some pictures showing some other models of these type of machines. And last pictures show how a Taiwanese-style Pachinko might looks like. Note that all Tw-Pachi does not look exactly like that, for example the crt above the marquee is not always there. But overall the machines looks like that, more or less.

14. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to Phoenixking

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ace... Thanks

Welcome Aboard

Ian #UKPachinko