Thread: INDIANA JONES MF-T Version Only help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default INDIANA JONES MF-T Version Only help

Thanks everyone who has tried to help me see if my machine is messed up. Well I believe it is after looking at everyone and the sankyo website video my machine is not working properly. Again my 3 problems were the following.

1) When the trap door opens on the side that takes in the balls, the machine never completes the spin cycle. It starts a spin and goes into the next spin.

2) During a fever machine stays on the fever screen with all the characters all the way thru the rounds without showing videos that state round one and so on.

3) During the cave sceen there is only the 3 numbers on the bottom moving. THERE is no 100 countdown or japanese language on the top right that is suppose to be there according to the videos.

I hope when I call slot pachinko they will take back this faulty machine. I guess there is a bad ram chip on one of the boards.

Thanks All

Shawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: INDIANA JONES MF-T Version Only help

I've been staying out of these threads, as not owning an Indiana Jones I don't know what is correct for this machine. But if what you have said is true and this is indeed a fault on the machine, hopefully you should get it sorted out by the vendor.

I'd suspect that one of the CG-ROMs on the graphics board is faulty or has a poor connection with it's socket. I've seen similar problems with other Sankyo machines, and removing and replacing the chip in it's socket has cured the problem. However the sockets are very fragile and they're not easily opened to remove the chip without permanently damaging it, and the circuit board is in a security sealed case, so I wouldn't recommend attempting a repair yourself until you've exhausted all of the options of getting the vendor to fix the machine.

It does open the option for the vendor to send you a replacement 'Sub Control Board' for you to swap in your machine rather than having to go through the effort of having to send the entire machine back for repair/replacement. The board will be the same for all Indiana Jones models, the donor machine doesn't have to be the same MF-T version.

Information about removing and replacing the 'Sub Control Board' is shown in the 'Lumina Frame Manual' that is available in the Research Center under the 'Machine Manuals' section.

3. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to daverob