Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Everything Working Properly?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Everything Working Properly?

Hello All! Just bought a Pachinko Machine today! I'm very ecstatic and am very interesting in becoming a part of the pachinko community! I was wondering if i could take a few picture of the back of the machine and someone could review them to make sure everything was hooked up correctly? First of all it wasn't working at the store, but after looking at Ebay and seeing it was only $75 i thought it was a steal. So i bought it, got it home and fiddled around with the back and got it to work! But im not sure if everything is working correctly yet. So as stated earlier, if i were to post some pictures could someone take a peek? thanks all!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Everything Working Properly?

Take a few snaps, and we'll take a few looks.

Can't hurt

Welcome to PachiTalk

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! just wanted to make sure that was okay here, i'll post the pictures up later. thanks again =D I can't wait to learn more about pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Banzaitrooper you will find many helpful people here and a wealth of information. We'll be waiting to see those pics!

Welcome to the hobby! and welcome to PachiTalk!!!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Banzaitrooper View Post
    I can't wait to learn more about pachinko!

You came to the right place!

Welcome, Banzai
    My favorite color is Ham

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the Show!
    Led Zepplin

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

AAAAAHAAAAH Gooood , Gooood . Another one joining the DARK SIDE
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is on the very top machine, balls go in it?

This thing here, whenever i drop a ball into the gray tray on top it goes through the back of the machine (through the payout box thing) and drops onto this and goes DING! then the ball falls to the ground Should i build a wall around it to collect the balls or something?

This three pronged thing here is on the chute that the balls roll down when i drop a ball into the top tray I think it's sposed to swing down Into the chute but one if the pins is bent and preventing it, should i bend it back into place or is it supposed to be like that?

This here is the payout compartment, there is a door on it that i had opened to take this picture.

There was a door covering this thing to, a motor im guessing, and when i plug it in theres a white thing back behind more plastic there that turns (ill show the white thing in the next picture, the flash blocked it out)

When i bought the thing it was non-functional, I had noticed a little metal bar not connected to anything and i put it by a little white piece of plastic, that made the machine work =D it made me happy.

Here's a switch, it has three settings, left, middle, and right. Not sure what they do, could anyone enlighten me!?

Just a pic of the back

Heres some things on the circuitboard that have nothing attached to them, Should they?

That about sums it up, all my questions etc, if someone noticed something wrong or could answer my questions that would be excellent! and thanks all for doing this. not to mention such a warm welcome I got! Later ill post a gameplay video(im think some lights might not be functioning properly) and ill post my pachinko missconception story about when i was in japan too! thanks again! oh and if you'd like to see a picture thats not too blurry let me know and ill re-take it in a better lit situation. thanks again!

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Banzaitrooper

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WHAT ?? No front pictures ???
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ill post some front pictures too, i didnt think of it at the time! Ill do it first thing in the morning!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Everything Working Properly?

WELCOME!!

Lets see...

1 Yes, after dusting it , fill this with balls, these are the reward balls that will come out the top front tray!!

2 the metal plate is a place to place a container to catch played balls from the front..a small tub or Tupperware container will work if you don't have a ball tray!! The reason the balls are just going through the back is because the ball dump is open..you'll need to find it and close it for the machine to work properly...once you post pics of the front, someone that knows this frame will be able to tell you where the ball dump is..its usually near the payout motor and can be a knob or a lever...if there is a small hole on the front of the machine in that area..that will lead to the ball dump..most older machines had the hole!!

3 This you don't want blocking the balls..it stops the balls from going any further into the machine..good if you are working on it, but not good if you want to win balls!!

4 I can't make out the pictures, but my guess if it was covered by many things, then you probably don't need to worry about it..maybe just a latch that holds the cell in?? But like i said, i can't see it!!

5 The switch is most likely the volume switch and most likely does nothing!! But sometimes they do work..you'll just have to try it!!

6 Those plugs on the circuit board look to be for battle counters and other parlor stuff, nothing for you to worry about!!

Have fun with your new pachi!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

13. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Go into Reseach Center you will see pictures posted there and all kinds of info.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

I agree with everything MrGneiss has said. Just thought I'd add that the yellow label on the back of the machine is the name of the game in Japanese and is 'Fever Dance' by Sankyo which was released in June 1999.

http://www.sankyo-fever.co.jp/pachin...ex.html#199904

Someone who knows this era of Sankyo's machines better than I do will be along soon to tell you how to reset the ball dump lever.

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also concur with Mr.G and Daverob.

Looks like you have a mostly (of fully) working game so far. Just need to swith the ball dump so that they don't fall through and go "ding!" Get us some more shots of the payout mech. It is most likely a black or white "nib" in a semi-circular opening. It will swing and click into one of two positions. I am guessing that it needs to be in the opposite position that it is in now

LOL

Nice !

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine, is the CRT working ok? They have a tendency to act up in later years.

From your pics, top to bottom:

2866: reward hopper, yes, full of balls.

2865: Check the pics below, there is a ball cutoff that might be open. First pic is closed, second open.

2863: ball shutoff, for when the payout mech needs service, but you don't want to empty the whole machine.

2864: Those hooks (the backwards 'J' ones) will be unhooked when the reward hopper is full. They prevent play in case you run out of balls.

2861: This is the payout motor. It runs continuously on this model frame. Balls go into pockets on the front of the machine and run down specific chutes (based on payout value of pocket), then, one at a time, they fall in line with the little white levers and are pushed against them and drop out the bottom. This pushes on specific rods in the payout mech (2864) allowing a payout. If you hold the 'J' hooks out of the way by hand (with a pencil or something), those payouts I see should empty.

2854: If the overflow tray (front of machine) is full, this prevents balls from going to the shooter and there is a switch that stops play also.

2856: Volume switch, some work, some don't.

2860: battle counter connections, how many starts, bonuses, etc...
    Attached Images Attached Images

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine, is the CRT working ok? They have a tendency to act up in later years.
    Wow thank you all so much, and yes Compirate the CRT works just fine! flawlessy for the couple of times i've used it. I'm guessing you have this machine compirate could you put a picture of the machine with all the lights on? if it isn't too much of a hassle that is, I tihnk some of mine are burnt out, and if they are anyone know anything about replacing them? I finally got a 6 X 6 on my machine! after loud talking and a dance sequence all the lights flashed on and off! so they do all work.
    Last edited by Banzaitrooper; 07-18-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Spoke too soon!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok after going through what everyone said, i found the reward switch, and put it in the right position, But when i turn the machine on there is a soft quiet almost grinding (just sounds like a motor running) but i don't know if it is supposed to make that sound, and secondly i dumped some balls into the hopper and then they went into the reward compartment (like they should this time) but then it seemed like one got stuck, and that small grinding sound got louder, and after awhile it went again and more balls came out, Im GUESSING as a reward was coming out they came out too fast or one got stuck? and grinding ensued!?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

clean all the balls in a soapy water solution or CLR, then rinse well and towel dry a bunch at a time.

you can clean the parts of the tracks you can get to with some q tips.

teh balls are coming out the front bcause the mschine is catching up on what it owes you
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

24. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As i promised! front pictures

Roulette time!

only $69.96! was that a deal?

26. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Banzaitrooper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright, after playing my machine for about 30-45 minutes ( I had to force myself to stop !) i have a few more tech questions, After i shoot so many balls, the balls stop loading into the shooting chamber, or so thats what im guessing. For me to fix it i have to go and move this switch to the Right,
    (it's the clear plastic thing thats hard to see"

Another thing, is it happened twice during play, but when i turned the knob it made a horrific grinding noise. And the swing arm would just go back and forth rapidly, i fixed it by pushing the swing arm all the way up, then down till it clicked. Anything to prevent this from happening?

Thirdly the START! stopped working towards the end of my play! i dropped many balls into it and didnt get any fun roulettes =(

Fourthly! and my final gripe (for now) is i don't have enough balls! The thrift store i bought it from had a SMALLLL amount of balls! less than 50! so... Can i buy em anywhere in town? I know i couldn't find PACHINKO balls, but i mean like small steel balls for like... ball bearings or crafts might work? should i check like a hardware or a craft store? any ideas? or is there a website that i could buy them from? I'd prefer however to buy them from a store. And once again thank you all so much! i feel so welcome!

Oh, and one more thing! i'm seeing spots! i discovered a new ailment, pachinko eye!!! i don't see how the japanese do it in those dark rooms with all the lights! they must have constant pachinko eye!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast