Thread: Gratuitous Thanks Thread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Gratuitous Thanks Thread

I'd just like to say that while I'm merrily skimming posts and typing the odd retort, I can't help but notice the relentless cool results of the (incredibly tedious, I'm sure) effort by Tulsa to rebuild the Museum.

While implementing new hacks for the boards must be somewhat redeemed by the educational value in doing it, this project is going above and beyond the call. Thanks, Tulsa, for the tons of work!

[D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to ocpachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gratuitous Thanks Thread

I agree "THANKS". For 2 years I haved considered this place home and the people here family. And all of this is only possible because of your hard works.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

....OMG! A love-fest for Tulsa...and I arrived late... I too consider this my extended family and would like to add my "THANKS" also!!!
    Dawn

5. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the kind sentiments.

The reason behind this is quite simple. I want everyone to be able to log in and have a place to find information about a machine they have or are considering purchasing.

As it's all Japanese based, it's never going to be easy for those of us who do not understand the language. We have translators but they are only going to be so effective. Enter the knitting machine and the straw raincoat. Even asking people who do understand the language, these references baffle them. So the science is far from perfect.

So how do we as English speaking people gain better understanding of our toys? Through personal experience is my answer. In bringing the museum back into the forum I hope that it will be easier for the members to find machines and actively relate their experience with specific machines. It is these experiences that I feel we will find most valuable. We may not totally understand the translated pages but armed with the knowledge we can gain from them and our own experiences we can build something everyone can benefit from.

So I ask you, as you see the new entries being loaded to take a few minutes and relate your experiences or understanding of the machines you have. Share with everyone, and review the machines. It's what PachiTalk is really all about.

As I am building the shells for the entries, Lddrizzt is moving the reviews from the individual members from the current museum to it's new home. These are being put up as if they were put up by the member who originally posted them. So if you see that you've posted something in the new museum and you don't remember doing it. It's because we moved it and we feel everyone should get the credit and thanks for their own reviews, so they are being posted under your names.

Also please rate these machines as that will also benefit others. You will see the option in the header of the machine. It only takes a second but will last a lifetime.

If you see an entry and are scratching your head as to why it has a particular name associated with it and you know it's called something else. Please let me know. I do not know all the names of all machines and I am often taking my best guess as to what it's called. If you see a Japanese name associated with it, I defaulted to reading the url it was originally stored under and went with that. I'm just hoping that Rupan comes along soon and offers up his help in this naming quandry.

Now you could start some polls as to the most ridiculous name I came up with.. A what the hell was he thinking poll..
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

7. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa