Thread: Pachinko Model Guide?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Model Guide?

Hi,

Just recently got into Pachinko machine collecting and now have 3 that I've partially restored and are now fully working 100%. I am not able to find a complete guide of all the various pachkino machines that were made. I understand that this may not have been documented well but has anyone started a database with this information? Knowing the original production numbers would also be good so one would get a better idea of rarity. The other reason I'm interested is that I would like to pick up another pachinko machine that appears as though the paint has fallen off the center plastic pieces. It would be nice to be able to look up pictures of that same model as a point of comparison so you can restore the colors to its original form.

It would be great to have a website like klov.com but for Pachinko machines. I'm been collecting and restoring arcade games for a few years now and use klov.com alot as a reference site, complete with original manuals, history about the game, rarity, production numbers, and arcade flyers that have pictures of machines when they were new.

Thanks,

John

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to coleco1981

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Model Guide?

it seems like one of our fin members has a listing of various machines with pic.. who was that ???

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All I have is this but I have not done anything with it in years

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vintagepachinko/

I also am doing a data base of machines I restore

https://www.instagram.com/vintagepachinko/
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

5. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wasn't there an Australian(?) member who had a nice database? You would have to log in to see the machines, but the log in and password were posted here. Haven't seen it in a long time.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    Wasn't there an Australian(?) member who had a nice database? You would have to log in to see the machines, but the log in and password were posted here. Haven't seen it in a long time.
    Candyflip had one; not sure what happened to it? But arcade-history.com is the most complete database I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wonder if a guide is something that the members here can create? Maybe thru Wiki or Google Docs (although I've never edited those myself). Collectively, I bet all the information is here, and in your heads.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Model Guide

I tried to put together as complete of catalog as I could of the various Nishijin models over the years.

http://www.pachinkoboy.com/information/models/

The problem is the companies had very poor documentation of the machines that were created (or at least it isn't publically available). Also the number of machines that were produced vs the number that actually survived past their tax stamp date would have been near impossible to keep track of.

I would love to have a catalog of all the different centers that companies made over the years, but honestly they were borrowing parts from each other so often that I'm not sure the companies themselves even knew all the models that they built.

100 machines and counting...

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, One project we haven't had time to post on Pachinkoboy is I visited the new Pachinko Museum in Kita-Toda. This is their second museum, the really old machines are out at a location almost to Sendai and he only opens that for tour groups. But the new one is mostly filled with 70's and especially Hanemono machines up into the start of the computer models in the early 2000's

I went in there and outside of an attendant who was there for about 5 min, she left and never came back and the place was open to all (and no charge to enter). I took a ton of pictures since they have never posted any before. But I just went to go find their web site again and they now have started posting it to Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/pachinko.museum/

Also they redid the web site and it has more pictures- finally. But not a lot of detail. http://p-museum.jp/

They did have 4 display cases of nothing but near NOS centers and pockets, that was pretty neat. You can see them on the Instagram but not what is in them. The other item is they had a giant timeline of machine innovations that was on 2 walls. Took a bunch of pictures of that but major translation project.

The pictures are larger in size so not too friendly for posting here. But if you are in North Tokyo, worth the train ride to it.

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to ShopratFab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks ya'll for the guidance. As I suspected it doesn't look like its possible to put together a complete guide but you all have put together a decent amount to browse through for a beginner like myself.

I just picked up my 4th machine that needs serious restoration and I think it might be a rare one Nishijin Elex Rotary (vintage 70's style) but with an automatic ball shooter. Unlike the other 3 mechanical only units I have, this one seems a bit more complex.

I'm going to make a new post with pics when I get around to it!
    Last edited by coleco1981; 01-13-2019 at 02:50 AM.