Thread: 1934 Stoner Super-8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1934 Stoner Super-8

Just an update on where I am. I am pretty much done minus 4 things. For the pins for the 2 springs that needed to be replaced, I found nails of the same diameter as the ones that are on the machine and cut to tops off to cut them to length. I have my power working correctly now as well. I still need to have the door lock keyed or replaced. Not having luck finding somebody to key it so will buy a replacement if I cannot find somebody in the next week. My brother in law is nearly done with the card he is making and need to make the tilt pedestal as well. Also in the spring will paint the two new knobs black but need to wait to spray them outside. There is a card for the machine which lists skill points (if you get over x amount of points you get a free game, over xx you get 2 free games, etc) as well as brief instructions. That card is missing and in all the photos I have seen you cannot read the instructions so for now that will have to wait. I cannot find anybody else who has this game so I may never get to reproduce the card.

here are a couple of photos and I an will post a video after it is fully complete.

Super8Glass1.jpgSuper8Glass2.jpg
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    Nice job Mrtoad! Quite a lot of tedious work! It all paid off...those look great! I am not a big fan of the older flipperless machines...but looking at those...i would be proud to display either one in my home! And of course get hooked on playing them too!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Nice job Mrtoad! Quite a lot of tedious work! It all paid off...those look great! I am not a big fan of the older flipperless machines...but looking at those...i would be proud to display either one in my home! And of course get hooked on playing them too!
    Thank you . When I did my first one, I was not sure if it would even work and figured worst case it would be something beautiful to have in my home. But luckily it worked and as you said, I did get hooked playing it. The new one, I am really hooked on right now. Yesterday I played so much that I ran out of nickels twice and had to empty out the coin box in it to start anew and it is a full roll of 1934 buffalo nickels. I kept saying, one more game...
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal