Thread: Gladiator 9 Drums light problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Gladiator 9 Drums light problem

1) The yellow light that is suppose to light up when the upper hopper is empty isn't lighting up.

2) The red lights in the center at the top aren't going off during the game but they will during the Fever. Like my avatar only the lights in the center the ones are off and on the right and left do work.

Any thoughts or fixes?

Also my JAWS cell should be here tomorrow. Still going to look for a Big Bang frame.

Texasauction told me to call them about to see about a fair price for a Big Bang frame or one that is complete. What would a fair price be for a Kyoraku Big Bang Frame or any of the other games (not JAWS since I will have that cell tomorrow )??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gladiator 9 Drums light problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have done a RAM Reset and still have the problem. All lights work on reset and Fevers but the problems above still exist.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry so long in responding. I had to dig my 9 drums out to get this all together.

Look at the pictures after you read this. If you want Hi Res copies please PM me your e mail address and I will send them to you.

There are two payout motors. The lower one is for normal play. The upper one kicks in when a Fever round is entered. Each have a hopper "LOW" switch. The one you can see is for the upper "Fever" payout motor. The switch for the normal payout motor is up in the tracks the Sphere's travel in to that motor.

The two LED's that are on in your first Pic should be.

The other Pic, LED 4 should not be on. That is the LED that comes on when there is a Dongle Problem. Do you have a Dongle installed? One of my Pictures shows one of DaveRobs Dongles installed. The one you should have wil be a 25 pin silver connector with a couple of components soldered to it.

LED 1 in that Pic is the Hopper Low LED and will light up when the Hopper is low. It may come on first before the light on the play field. The Playfiled light will come on after all Play is completed from putting Sphere's into the Star Pocket that spins the Reels. LED 1 will also come on each time the Payout motor gives you Sphere's. Has LED one Ever come on?

Does the Pachi actually launch Sphere's when the Knob is turned?

Tazman
    Gladiator 9 Drums light problem
    1) The yellow light that is suppose to light up when the upper hopper is empty isn't lighting up.

The Hopper empty light on my 9 Drums is Red. A picture of it is below. Is the one in my picture the one you are speaking about?

If the Hopper does run Low Both LED 1 and the light on the Play Field will come on. When this happens you should here which ever Payout motor that is out of Sphere's cycling on and off trying to Payout Sphere's.

Let us know if you have a Dongle installed and if the shooter knob works and spits out Sphere's onto the Play Field. As you give me information I can give you more info back to Try to get this Pachi Working. I do not want to Overload you with Trouble shooting Tips.

And the Last Picture Posted. It's a bit Fuzzy but can anyone out there Translate the 4 LED's that are listed Please.

9 Drums Help Web.jpg
    9 Drums Help1 Web.jpg
    9 Drums Help 2 Web.jpg 9 Drums Help 3 Web.jpg 9 Drums Help 4 Web.jpg 9 Drums Help 5 Web.jpg 9 Drums Help 6 Web.jpg
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

5. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are correct that light does come on in pic 1 when upper hopper is empty. I was told it was another light before.

I do not have a dongle attached and the shooter knob does work. Everything does work

Ball track 1 and 2 in upper hopper is used and the 3rd does have a wooden dowel in its place.

So the only issue now is the Upper red lights in the center do not come on during play except on power startup and Fever. It was working before. As it shows in my 3rd pic above now and in my avatar what is was like before.

I thank you so much for going thru all the hastle of pulling out your Gladiator and testing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Guess no one can answer the light not working.

Today got the Big Bang Frame for the JAWS Cell. Will put pics and video up later.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Tazman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just had a look at mine, and the center light comes on when power is first applied, but then goes out. If your's was staying on all the time, but now won't, I think it had an error that has gone away. With it on all the time I would think it serves as a call attendant light. i.e. the door isn't closed.

If you need me to play mine into a fever round to verify the light comes on, let me know.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well seems it would come on during any play when all the other lights come on too. Well no mine wasn't staying on all the time, it went out once it powered up like all the lights but it never came on again unless it was the 7 or BAR Fever. It hasn't come on during a Reach ( I am not sure what the Reach is or looks like though ) when all lights come on.

Only if ya wanna play yours and see. lol

What is the count down from 10 to 0 is that a Reach? I don't know what any of the wins are or a diagram of what is a win other than everything goes off and pays out balls. What is it when the P-Vibe goes off? I did have once where it seemed like the whole machine vibrated but the P-Vibe has gone off a few times.

I would like to know all the wins later. Once I get JAWS working on my other frame I am going to be playing that alot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Honestly, I'd prefer not to play it. The music gets on my nerves after about 5 min.

You'll know you're in a reach when 2 symbols match in a row/line, and the music changes. You'll see the third reel slow down then speed back up.
    It's pretty cool when you get that going in more than one direction at once.

It's been a while, can't remember anything about the p-vibe or the count down. Guess i'll have to check it out after all.

By wins, do you mean what the pockets payout? It should be on your cell sticker.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have a payout sticker on the front of the cell or frame. No not the payout pockets I know which ones those are.

Just thinking the center lights should be on during a reach or any other time all the other lights are on. The center lights (not the center left/right lights) do
    come on at startup and Fever round but no other times. My avatar would be the before during a reach and the 3rd pic would be after during a reach.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman View Post
    I don't have a payout sticker on the front of the cell or frame. No not the payout pockets I know which ones those are.

Just thinking the center lights should be on during a reach or any other time all the other lights are on. The center lights (not the center left/right lights) do
    come on at startup and Fever round but no other times. My avatar would be the before during a reach and the 3rd pic would be after during a reach.
    For the reels, there are no payouts for matches like on a slot machine. The reels only indicate reaches or fevers. The sticker I mentioned is the one with the cell info, and pocket payouts. Sorry if there was some confusion.

As long as the bulbs are working, I think what you see is normal behavior.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria