Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: King of King Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile King of King Pulsar

I'm excited... sometime within the next week or so I will be the proud new owner of a King of King Pulsar, from Stealth Home Amusement! I remember seeing something that said this was a limited production machine. Can anyone confirm that, and also I'd love to hear from the KoKP owners out there about the nuances of the machine. It will be joining my Lucky Chance machine.

On that note, I'd be curious to hear what the best setting is for the machine, as I finally got some more tokens for my other machine, but now it seems like it empties the hopper even with 1000 in there (I'll be setting the skill level down soon)!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: King of King Pulsar

for more bonus rounds set it at 6.

for more minor wins and more action set it at 3 or 4.

I usually start at 6 till I hit a few bonuses, then go to 3 or 4 to see all the little extras
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

King of King Pulsar is a fantastic machine i have one also Lots of fun & super clear Graphics on the 12 inch LCD . The inside of the machine is also quite impressive i keep it on 6 seems to keep the tokens paying out and not going to the over flow tray

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After having the machine set up for a day or so now I am really impressed! The audio on the machine is just stunning, and the graphics are clear as can be! I absolutely love the soundtracks for the different bonus rounds!

Does anyone know if there is a stats/service mode due to the LCD? I believe that the Neo Magic Pulsar can show that sort of information on the EL-Vision, so I would think this machine would be capable?
    Lucky Chance (Bellco), King of King Pulsar (Yamasa)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Turn it off, turn the reset key, turn it back on and see if a service menu pops up on it.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I gave that a try, and then tried pushing the menu buttons, at which point a Japanese menu comes up, but all I can get it to do is select one of three options, two of which just blank the screen and do nothing else. The third lets me set the date and time, but that is it. Now I'm curious if there is anything else it can do, and what those other options did.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Turn it off, turn the reset key, turn it back on and see if a service menu pops up on it.
    You dont want to turn it off before turning the key. If you do that then you will reset the machine and the payout percentages be reset. Just turn the key and you should be in mangement to check the statistics. I am only doing this from memory and not sure if the Yamasa's work this way. I know for fact that the Eleco (beast, sindbad & Hanabi H.) work this way.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe you only lose your stats if you unplug it not just turn it off.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by xZapx
    I gave that a try, and then tried pushing the menu buttons, at which point a Japanese menu comes up, but all I can get it to do is select one of three options, two of which just blank the screen and do nothing else. The third lets me set the date and time, but that is it. Now I'm curious if there is anything else it can do, and what those other options did.
    My brother has KoKP, so I'm doing this from memory...

If you go to the date setting page, and cursor through those settings to the 3 options on the right, one of them will bring up a page that shows the dates of the last 5 times you've set the skill level. We were able to figure out that my brother's machine was last on 1 in March, 2005, which would be when it was in play, and then set on 6 in October, which we figured is when the dealer refurbished it...

Great machine with great graphics... I love the frogs, especially when he splats on the Bar-Bar-Bar and when he gets mad when you don't hit the right things.

They also get depressed if you get an error!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After having the machine set up for a day or so now I am really impressed! The audio on the machine is just stunning, and the graphics are clear as can be! I absolutely love the soundtracks for the different bonus rounds!
    I think I may be missing something or maybe I just haven't played KOKP long enough but I find that the graphics are very limited. I have only seen about 10 different graphics and I have hit many bonuses. The screen stays on the empty scene of the water and the sky way too much. I think that this game is a great idea that was never fulfilled. I think I should see the frogs much more than I do. Please tell me if you are having a different experience than mine - maybe something is wrong with my machine or the settings need to changed (I have tried playing it on many different odds settings with the same lack of graphics).

Could you describe some of your gameplay and graphics so I can compare to what I am getting?
    Thanks.
    ...Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by clau
    I think I may be missing something or maybe I just haven't played KOKP long enough but I find that the graphics are very limited. I have only seen about 10 different graphics and I have hit many bonuses. The screen stays on the empty scene of the water and the sky way too much. I think that this game is a great idea that was never fulfilled. I think I should see the frogs much more than I do. Please tell me if you are having a different experience than mine - maybe something is wrong with my machine or the settings need to changed (I have tried playing it on many different odds settings with the same lack of graphics).
    I do agree that after playing for a while that the machine can be somewhat lean on the amount of graphics. I have not seen all of the sequences shown on the menu yet, (just recently having seen another one new to me), so I think some of them are less than common. The blank screen does get somewhat old, though the graphics during the win sequences in combination with the music are pretty cool. I really love the music.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to xZapx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a video on the manufacturers' site that seems to show most of the play screens, as well as some of what looks like the management menu, really slow download, so I stuck the file up on my site.
    www.radishville.com/pachi/kok_st464.wmv

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Angry_Radish

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another question for some of the other owners, does anyone know the significance of the moon? I've hit a second bonus during the moon's presence, but that's about all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I understand the moon to be a chance mode for additional bonuses - your chances of successful eye-shooting should be greater with the moon present. Chances decrease as the moon disappears.
    ...Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry Radish Great video find!!!! Howd you get it ? The Clips inside the parlors aare great.
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Angry Radish Great video find!!!! Howd you get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Radish
    There is a video on the manufacturers' site that seems to show most of the play screens, as well as some of what looks like the management menu, really slow download, so I stuck the file up on my site.
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Radish
    I downloaded that video from their site about 3 weeks ago when I was researching my 5th machine to add to my collection. After watching it, I determined that there was not enough variety in the video to keep me interested. I also already own a Neo Magic Pulsar, so I'm a little "frogged" out on that theme if you know what I mean. Judging from the posts here...it seems I wasn't the only one who felt that the KofK Pulsar was somewhat lacking. I have no idea why the Japanese are so infatuated with these frogs...it would be so much better if they chose something a little less "cutesy" (IMO).

I'm glad I went with the Super Blackjack instead. The screen might only be 6" versus 12", but the video action variety is much more appealing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

With the help of my counterpart in my company's Japan office, I've been collecting the japanese names of some of the machines I'm interested in, and doing allot of searching with google.jp :-)
    I'm still searching for some more info on my Mosquito machine, trying to figure out some of the bonus rounds :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Angry Radish Great video find!!!! Howd you get it ? The Clips inside the parlors aare great.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Angry_Radish

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really love the music.
    Want the MP3s? I found them on the Yamasa.co.jp website several months ago, but they've taken that section down now. I've uploaded them onto another website:

white777.mpg
    red777bigchance.mpg
    red777.mpg
    white777regbonus.mpg
    white777bigchance.mpg
    red777regbonus.mpg
    gameover.mpg
    3barbonus.mpg

Enjoy!
    Last edited by islander; 05-06-2006 at 03:26 PM.

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to islander

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Islander the vids are not working on my computer when the Quicktime Q shows up there is a question mark in the middle.
    Led Zepplin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast