Thread: Gatchaman reset issues

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Gatchaman reset issues

I can not get my Gatchaman skill slot to function. I am attempting to do a system reset and once I am done doing so I am only getting a singe "0" on the credit screen. My coin just falls back into my coin payout tray in front...... Is there something I can do to properly reset this? I just bought this and cant get it working properly..... Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gatchaman reset issues

Welcome to Pachitalk! Nice to see another Daytonian on the site! Does the reels spin after putting 3 tokens in? If so, it may be set for "cash" play. I know there is a better term for it...they play on tokens instead of cash. They can be set for CREDIT mode, where you can store up to 50 credits...all wins go to credit meter until 50, then everything else to the tray. You can also set them up for CASH mode. This way you can only put in 3 tokens, all others will fall into the tray. All wins pay to the tray, and you need to insert tokens for each spin. There should be a red button on the front. When you have credits that you don't want to play...you can press the button and "cash out". All credits will dump, as tokens into the tray. With no tokens on credit, you can press and hold the button to switch between CASH and CREDIT modes. Credit mode has 00 on the credit display. CASH mode usually has -- on the credit display. Check that to see if that is it, and take some pics because we all love to see pics of other people's toys1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I drop all coins in they just come out the front. If I open the door and put my finger under the slot they will. Credit like it's supposed too. It just won't automatically read the tokens going in. It's like it doesn't line up right or something. If I move it around inside every now and again it will take one.

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk! Nice to see another Daytonian on the site! Does the reels spin after putting 3 tokens in? If so, it may be set for "cash" play. I know there is a better term for it...they play on tokens instead of cash. They can be set for CREDIT mode, where you can store up to 50 credits...all wins go to credit meter until 50, then everything else to the tray. You can also set them up for CASH mode. This way you can only put in 3 tokens, all others will fall into the tray. All wins pay to the tray, and you need to insert tokens for each spin. There should be a red button on the front. When you have credits that you don't want to play...you can press the button and "cash out". All credits will dump, as tokens into the tray. With no tokens on credit, you can press and hold the button to switch between CASH and CREDIT modes. Credit mode has 00 on the credit display. CASH mode usually has -- on the credit display. Check that to see if that is it, and take some pics because we all love to see pics of other people's toys1
    Last edited by compirate; 11-17-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes pictures are always a help

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are optical sensors in the coin acceptor. they may be dirty and can be cleaned with Windex and a Q-tip...but I have never done that before. somebody who has will be along and explain it better!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can hold your finger at the slot and the token passes through the mechanism and is counted, then your problem is that the magnet on the coin mechanism is not activating and engaging the metal plate, so the coin mechanism will accept tokens. The magnet pulls a metal plate in, so the token won't fall out of the mechanism. There are certain times that the magnet is suppose to de-activate, like when you get a replay or when the credit meter gets to 50. Other wise it should be holding the metal plate in.

The magnet should activate after doing a "Full Reset". You may want to check the connections for the coin mechanism. Unplug them and then reset them.

Just to make sure, here are the steps to reset your machine.

Changing Odds & Full Reset.jpg

77454d1416277506-gatchaman-reset-issues-image.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Weird. I reset this as it says and my odds locked in as it should. I never heard a click of the coin mechanism but when I put a screw driver to the back of it it is magnetized. It appears that it may not be pulling. I unplugged the wire and reattached it and still doesn't work. I'm guessing that magnet is bad??? Can I buy a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    If you can hold your finger at the slot and the token passes through the mechanism and is counted, then your problem is that the magnet on the coin mechanism is not activating and engaging the metal plate, so the coin mechanism will accept tokens. The magnet pulls a metal plate in, so the token won't fall out of the mechanism. There are certain times that the magnet is suppose to de-activate, like when you get a replay or when the credit meter gets to 50. Other wise it should be holding the metal plate in.

The magnet should activate after doing a "Full Reset". You may want to check the connections for the coin mechanism. Unplug them and then reset them.

Just to make sure, here are the steps to reset your machine.

Changing Odds & Full Reset.jpg

77454d1416277506-gatchaman-reset-issues-image.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok so I'm guessing my magnet is bad. I can't seem to find any parts online. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know the voltages...24 volts AC, I would guess. The magnet...it is an electro magnet, I believe. Seems like you should be able to measure the voltage with a multimeter. I don't have the same machine, but I believe the coin mechanisms are similar.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The magnet is just a coil of wire. With a multimeter, you can check to make sure the coil is intact, continuity and resistance test. And check the incoming voltage, might be AC, but most coils I play with are DC. Produces a smoother magnetic field.
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I oeeled back the cover and it is indeed 24v dc. However, it has constant power going to it. Even when it's sitting idle, and when a token goes in it. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    The magnet is just a coil of wire. With a multimeter, you can check to make sure the coil is intact, continuity and resistance test. And check the incoming voltage, might be AC, but most coils I play with are DC. Produces a smoother magnetic field.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

One would assume it should be powered at anytime you can put tokens in, if you can get the machine to register 3 tokens (assist the tokens through the acceptor) then hit the start lever, then the power should drop to the coil.

Have you you done a continuity test on the coil?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is really embarrassing but I just found my problem. After looking online for a new assembly I noticed that there was a thin metal piece covering every coil. I didn't have this piece on mine. However I had "extra parts" that came with these and one of my extra parts consisted of the little cover to the cool that I needed. My game works 100%the way it should now!!! Thank you to all of the troubleshooting. I'm mechanically inclined but when I didn't know what I was looking at or for it didn't help! Another case solved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    One would assume it should be powered at anytime you can put tokens in, if you can get the machine to register 3 tokens (assist the tokens through the acceptor) then hit the start lever, then the power should drop to the coil.

Have you you done a continuity test on the coil?

18. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to iamnewtothegame