Thread: Million God CR error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Million God CR error

I just purchased this machine for my wife for mothers day. I know what people say about it, the jokes associated and that this is probably the lowest form of pachinko out there, but she loves it and it's a good starting machine.

The problem I'm having is this, I'll explain it as best as I can, as it may be a few days before I can post pictures. I'm sure Eddy may be able to figure out what I'm talking about if no one else can.

It was working fine yesterday and the day before, but today when I opened the case and turned it on, it immediately went to the error screen with the siren, and said CR error. Looking that up I found it to mean CoinRam error, and began doing a little troubleshooting.

I've pulled out the coin mechanism inside, and unplugged them a time or two to give them the good 'ole "NES" treatment. You know, blow in the holes really hard. I've also checked all the hinges etc to make sure they are not dirty or being hindered in any way, and they are not.

Now the problem seems to be this... lets see how I can explain it. The coin mechanism has a little metal bar on the top that will swing out, or stay in. When it's in, the coin will go into the hopper, when it's out, the coin falls out and comes out the front of the machine. On the back of the mechanism where the majority of the bar from the front is, is a little round metal object, I assume it's some sort controlled magnet from what I can tell. When it works properly, it attracts the metal bar to it, holding it in on the front and allowing the coins to the hopper.

Currently when I do a reset of the machine (turn off the power, turn the reset key, turn the power on, wait for a number to appear on the front, press the bar in the front 3 times, turn the reset key back to it's original position), the round object acts as the magnet I suspected, and attracts the bar, holding it in allowing coins to pass to the hopper... if the door was closed. In the amount of time it would take me to close the door, it's already error-ed again, and released the magnetism on the bar.

My next step (which will be on monday due to my heading out of town until tomorrow afternoon), is going to be rechecking the mechanism to make absolutely sure it is clean, and then I'm going to start one at a time from one side of the machine to the other side, unplugging plugs and such, and making sure they are all secure, clean, and working as best I can tell.

I guess what I'm asking is first, if anyone who has this machine has had this similar problem and how it was fixed, and if I'm on the right track with my plan of action. My wife is a little upset as she has hardly been able to play it, and everyone else has had their turns on it, and it IS her gift heh.

Thanks in advance for any help, and again I know the stigmata associated with the Million God machine, but please be as helpful as you can.

Daniel

2. The following user says "Thanks" to TortisVamp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Million God CR error

You are a very lucky man, some folks out there have a Million God that works.

Now that the Million God joke is out of the way, lets try and fix it.

Make sure that it is not a coin jam in the payout hopper,
    try unplugging the hopper and re plugging, if you see no obvious jam.
    If this don't help i am sure someone will be along to sort your problem soon.
    BTW> Welcome to Pachitalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Million God CR error

CR is a credit ram error. since your machine was working fine up until stopped I do not think it was good to start pulling the coin mechanism apart. CR usually disappears after a full reset. Try to put your coin mech back the way it was and do a reset.
    You also have the wrong read on how the mechanism works so that is not helping you at all.
    Since your trouble started right after you opened the door I suspect that you unplugged the coin mech. This will cause the error to start!

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun