Thread: Video: 1973 Nishijin SuperDeluxe "Have a Beautiful Day" restored and in action.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Video: 1973 Nishijin SuperDeluxe "Have a Beautiful Day" restored and in action.

This is what they are supposed to look like!

Cabinet was a simple pine construction provided by the client, I just slapped some paint on it. The LED lights in the center attraction really give it an "electric" look when it pays!

1973 Nishijin SuperDeluxe Pachinko Machine - YouTube

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Video: 1973 Nishijin SuperDeluxe "Have a Beautiful Day" restored and in acti

Why does it seem the back plastics have a sorta red tint? It could be the lighting or something.

Looks good overall. Nice to see you are starting to play with the LEDs too now.

100 machines and counting...

Fever Hunter Super Dave Osbourne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Video: 1973 Nishijin SuperDeluxe "Have a Beautiful Day" restored and in acti

Looks great over all, the tint is the lighting for sure. Looks brand freaking new, too new actually. But for 'restored' that is what folks seem to want if they are going to pay 300-700 for a game, and relive their childhood. I'm more into the 10-12 dollar project garbage games that come out looking good enough to great, not brand new ridiculous

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It almost does seem ridiculous to take it to this level, doesn't it? I guess in the end my brand is about providing the "best available". The turn-around on this machine was one week, literally seven days from arrival to video. The stories I get from people who want machines restored are interesting enough to write a book. It seems there is always an emotional attachment that drives it, and almost always it is in remembrance to someone who has passed on. This makes me work even harder to make them as perfect as I can, so that the machine can bring enjoyment to a whole new generation. Every time I consider cutting a corner I feel like I am letting someone down, and the person I am letting down is no longer with us.

It is difficult to view this as a simple business of restoring machines. Each one has a story to tell, and I have a small part in telling that story.

6. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    It is difficult to view this as a simple business of restoring machines. Each one has a story to tell, and I have a small part in telling that story.
    Well stated. I couldn't agree more!!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Fever Hunter Super Dave Osbourne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exceptional summary, and it is great you and JJ (and others I'm not familiar so familiar?) are doing such fantastic over the top exceptional and well worthwhile work. My OP was to say there is no way I could do what you do, and I appreciate the work you do to the point of astonishment and disbelief. I would owe you many $$$ if I trade all my rat mall/sale/thrifty purchases of a hoard with one of your final efforts. Your work is above and beyond exceptional. TY for doing the hobby very good with integrity, commitment and pricing that makes sense in a world today driven by memories. The 70s ruled, and so did Frampton Comes Alive.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Video: 1973 Nishijin SuperDeluxe "Have a Beautiful Day" restored and in action.

Totally agree with you on that Rival.

It seems weird to restore them to better than new but to see the look on people's face when they get it back and it all works is totally worth it.

100 machines and counting...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman