Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Star War Search String

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star War Search String

Hey good luck to you Rich...

and Tulsa, I think your wife is right about that rocky place where logic resides...you've got too much to keep in one place.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I'll eat my words, and say good luck, Rich!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As for cyclic or not ill give the buyer the option of what they want.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck I hope you make enough to pay for all those college books.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck Rich, and good hunting
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

fishek

Smile Re: Star War Search String

I was the "brave" soul who did wind up bidding and winning the machine. Yes, the 0 feedback did put me off at first ... I saw that the machines have gone for about 760+SH to 2000 USD. The reserve was middle of the road, a win-win for both of us (though I am now thinking I should've gotten a Star Blazers 2 cell! Pricing anyone? Or other related/interchangeable Sankyo games -- Arby?!?) Rich was kind enough to e-mail me and answer my questions a million times, and I paid by PayPal/cc which inherently has some protection. Rich really took the extra steps to put me at ease in regards to this 0 feedback sale. And he got the sale for his effort. Whether or not it was worth it in his eyes is a different story!?! I hope he made some margin on it!

Upon receiving the item, it was as described and expected . I'll get some pictures up for both our sakes. One pin isn't totally square (nitpick!) and could likely do with a slight adjustment. It might be more trouble than it's worth, though too! I could do with some pin tweaking advice. I'm waiting for a new batch of "clean" pachinko balls before really getting down to business with this one.

Also, this website has been quite invaluable in regards to bringing me up to speed in the world of pachinko. I was more of an arcade and pinball guy (don't hate me!). The grandfather (distant cousin, family member of your choice) of pinball definitely needed to be in my collection.

I have a Pinball 2000 Star Wars that I thought'd go great with this. I'm not a diehard Star Wars fan, but this had a great theme and was something that my family could appreciate off the bat. Whether or not it's the best game for gameplay, I needed something that had a little bit of both, aesthetic and play. I'm not yet knowledgeable to say that this is the ultimate playable machine. After reading, a lot of you say it's decent, but I'm sure a purist might disagree.

I'm relocating to New York City which necessitates the consolidation and efficiency of space use. A few pachinkos are infinitely more manageable than my pinball machines and the dedicated arcades and JAMMA cabs. Already the arcade games and boards are giving way to a cocktail table JAMMA/MAME cab.

Also, I wasn't sure if the SW Pachinko was in production any longer. The pics and auction looked right, and I wanted to err on the side of getting a machine that was still in decent shape before it's abused at home by a casual collector, or driven into the ground in some parlor despite the 6 month window. I'd rather spend a little more to get a machine in good shape in a timely fashion, than have to track down the rarity or the gem in someone's barn/basement, or pay through the nose. I might've paid a little more, but if I couldn't afford it, I never should've been involved period.

Rich, credit where credit is due has gone above and beyond in tending to my incessant questions and was very forthcoming. The machine was wrapped and packaged well. It arrived much faster via EMS than I ever would have expected an item from Japan. The machine was taped up well on the glass and the playfield is very clean. The outer casing had two minor blemishes that were removed quickly and easily with a "Magic Eraser."

It was a ZF model ( thankfully! I was admittedly deficient in knowledge re the ST version with the different payout scheme. I want as much action and interactivity as possible).

I wish him well. Everyone has to start somewhere. I got lucky this time. I do feel that 0 feedback might be Russian Roulette , but the name of the game here is pachinko! I don't know if I'd be so overzealous in future, but the story can have a happy ending.

Happy selling Rich!

We'll see how the machine holds up to the vigorous use it'll get over the next few months. I'll get those pics when it's all set up and report in from time to time. I haven't decided on wall-mounting yet.... I'd love to hear some pointers. I have seen some lovely setups. If I had a lot of extra money, I'd like to pursue the 4-way cube that someone mentioned (forgive me for not referencing the nick), that sounded pretty impressive.

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2