Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: bandwidth speed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: bandwidth speed

I read a story in the paper today about the so called Anti Spyware needing to define Spyware in more absolute terms.
    It seems some programs detect different things due to different levels of legal pressure from various companies who claim they are not malware or spyware & they have rights under such & such code & yada yada yada.
    No one program will do it all. I have one fee based (webroot), Norton & 3 free prgms working on mine & I still wonder whats being missed.
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: bandwidth speed

What is happening is that Adware companies are sueing the makers of spyware softwares and such. Theoretically at least some of this software has license agreements and since the users have in some way "assented" to the install and use of this software (ie Hotbar or Gator). The tatic to "profile" software and label it as adware or spyware is being deemed discrimitory and against the will of the people who agreed to install it. The most famous case is the 3d-fish screen saver. It records every URL you have ever visited and sends it off for marketing purposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2