Thread: I thought I wouldn't, but I did

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wink I thought I wouldn't, but I did

I did something I thought I'd never do.

I was high bidder on an "I'm An Angel" Pachislo from ValleyGaming
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I mentioned in a post that there were several reasons a particular machine appealed to me, playability (which is really an unknown except for reports here), looks, and another I didn't mention was sound.

I saw the video of this machine on one of Milt's items and the sound (a little Beethoven) hit my "on" button. I had to have it, but the bid went much higher than I was willing to pay. It sold for $185.00 plus shipping.

I didn't think I'd ever buy or bid on a pachi from ValleyGaming because of the higher shipping cost, $89 as opposed to Milt or Eric's $69.00. But I wanted this machine. Milt has it on his site for $299 plus shipping and while I had the "I want," for it, just not that much! As it turned out, I paid only $10 more for this machine from VG with shipping than the one I bid on that Milt had without shipping.

This is my first buy from VG and who knows, it may not be my last. The very next day I received a tracking number from them just like Eric or Milt, fast shipping. I like that!

I haven't seen a review of this machine here so I know nothing of its playability. Does anyone here own one? If so, how do you like it?

I'll post my review of it once it arrives and I run some tokens through it, if y'all don't object. After all, what is a review but someones opinion. I'm no expert on pachis but boy, do I ever have opinions!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I thought I wouldn't, but I did

The VG Vegas machines typically go for way under market because they are very restrictive on where they will ship too. Other sites are selling for 750+ most of theirs settle out in the 300-400 hundreds. If you consider their shipping is 250 vs 150 of others you are still a fair bit a head. Let me know how your transaction pans out. They have put a lot of effort into their marketing both on and off Ebay.

I just need to find someone in Ohio (perhaps Cleaveland) that I can have the machine shipped to, and then I can drive up and bring it back.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good for you Tony for taking that chance!
    I hope the machine is everything you expected & more.
    Thanks for pointing out VG. I dont think I even knew about them. Ill put them in a favs list & keep a watch...
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tony,
    I have this machine "I'm Angel" and I too purchased it for the music - very nice sound. Well, I have been very pleasantly surprised by this game - it's great!
    It is a battle between good and evil and the holographic images on the 4th reel are angels, a girl praying, cupids, and of course...the devil. There is even a bomb that explodes - lights flash and a loud explosion is heard when the holographic reel shows the bomb ( I believe that this reduces any "chances" that you may have accumulated to this point but I'm not sure because the language is not english). The 4th reel also teases at times, shifting quickly between the angel and the devil before finally choosing one. When you are in bonus mode and the game is ready to "Jac In" you hear the devil laugh and when it "Jacs In" the Beethoven music begins.

Good luck with your shipment - I know you will enjoy this game.

-Carol
    ...Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by monaghj
    The VG Vegas machines typically go for way under market because they are very restrictive on where they will ship too. Other sites are selling for 750+ most of theirs settle out in the 300-400 hundreds. If you consider their shipping is 250 vs 150 of others you are still a fair bit a head. Let me know how your transaction pans out. They have put a lot of effort into their marketing both on and off Ebay.
    I've noticed that about them. I guess it all evens out in the long run. I will let everyone know how it all turns out, packing, cleanleness of the machine, etc.

Seems as though there is/are some PT members in that area, but don't ask me who. Check their CP and PM whoever. You might get lucky!

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by doodude
    Good for you Tony for taking that chance!
    I hope the machine is everything you expected & more.
    Thanks for pointing out VG. I dont think I even knew about them. Ill put them in a favs list & keep a watch...
    Thanks, Dude, I hope it's even better.

I'll say one thing about VG, I've noticed they offer some machines other vendors don't. If you do deal with them I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many thanks for that, Carol! It sounds even better than I expected.

With whatt you have told us I'm really looking forward to getting and playing this machine!

I don't know where I'll put it, I'm rapidly running out of room. :17:

By the way clau, does it need additional volume controls? If so, I better order somme more.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No extra volume controls needed - the controls on the machine provide enough adjustment.
    ...Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by clau
    No extra volume controls needed - the controls on the machine provide enough adjustment.
    Wow! That is great news, thanks!