Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pachinko Parlors in The U.S.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Parlors in The U.S.

Parlor is coming along great. Right now we're still just an arcade, the parlor opens once the "Point of Sale" cabinet comes back from the cabinetmaker, it has the computers
    and ball counting gear, the person working on it took a weeks vacation so although it made me angry, it gave me time to test the living heck out of everything.

We've been letting our regular customers in to play arcade games and they want to play pachinko instead, also leaving the smoked glass front door open with the machines on
    generates lines of people, the weather is now nice so people walking by are fascinated, I was amazed people took an interest to the degree they did.

We've been full every day. Amazing that they wanna pay to play at the same cost rate but there are no prizes, I sorta feel good about my decision, once the POS cabinet comes back I have a ball counter and printer, then the prizes are active.

Tonight we had someone get 12986 on Transformers, if they had won a prize I would of felt happy for them, I offered to count the balls but the manual counting was 2 hours
    and they didn't want to wait, had the counter been onsite it would of been about 5 minutes, I suppose I could of stopped them and gone off the screen but they were having too
    much fun.

Oh yeah, soon you should see a superman (man of steel) video posted, it has a mode where the game makes a 3D tunnel in blue and grey, it literally makes me feel wasted, it's so
    cool, the guy filming it says "I feel stoned" when it's going on hah, I was blown away, who knew the game could go that extra step. Whoever designed these games makes the jackpot modes very very cool.

You can take a look at my amateurish videos, I'm making better and more accurate ones but for now, these get up the interest (and help the marketing person stay busy).

On youtube there is club1609 as well as Daniel Gidez both of them have assorted videos although nothing too wonderful YET.

Today I had my architect in and we were going over our plans to put more machines on the second floor, it turned out to be super easy, I am considering pulling permits without
    waiting, I see the turnout I get already and know an upstairs room would be full. If I go this route, I can run a 30 unit facility until the main one is opened, we have everything needed (and I mean everything)..

Also, I finished up the prize certificates today, they are printed on tamperproof paper, very pleased with them as will the winners who get them.

We'll open up 100% by 5/1 but probably end of this or end of next week,it sounds dumb to delay it for a cabinet but our place is small so the cabinet is really not a "nice to have" it's
    a show stopper, we must have it and all the gear which it houses.

Have Fun at the real parlors!! I'll be over there in a few months.. Dan

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to danno66

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Daiichi has some cool machines like super man. I have played that one at the parlor too. Another newer machine that has really trippy effects like that is the newer city hunter machine. I hit a fever on it has those same skirt of effects. Let me know when you come out! We could play some pachinko. I would love to meet up with a fellow pachinko fan. ill subscribe to both of your yt channels. Feel free to check out some of the videos I have made too

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is a picture I took back when they had 1/399 max type machines here in Japan (they don't have max types in parlors anymore and I don't know why) of one of biggest wins. IMG_2504.JPG

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still waiting on that email
    Sorry to hear about all the hoops you have to jump through just to run your business. I would relocate before going through all that hassle.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I looked at the video of City Hunter, thats a cool machine!!! Ill definitely
    Be in touch and well have a good time playing at the parlors.
    I just got my ball counter back, tomorrow I write up and photograph everything for
    A procedures manual and then I redo the website from scratch. It looks like Monday we
    Open.
    tmp_8609-51425251011570262198.jpg

8. The following user says "Thanks" to danno66

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can NOT go by what shows on the screen! That only shows balls WON and doesn't account for all the balls shot and lost. You'd lose your tail if you just went by the number on the screen. You should always have an electronic scale as backup if your ball counter ever goes down. Scales are really accurate and count faster than any ball counter.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Leorules

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Leo, Thanks for the heads up, I had outfit batman with a counter on the ball drain, I figured if I subtracted the ball drain number from the screen and then counted the stuff in the
    trays it would equal out, turns out the exit counters are only 80-90% accurate so it's a bad idea. We've been "Converting" hard core pinball players over to hard core pachinko players, this is a very cool idea. At first every single person tries to shoot the balls by turning the controller and letting go, after a long period of discussion it seems to make sense to make the pachinko free for 10$ worth of play with the caveat that it's prize exempt. This way, people who would never touch the machines get to try it and get to enjoy it and then they can buy balls like everyone else. So far I'm up 4 players, these 4 swore never to touch a machine and now they are buying more balls than the others do, the free 10$ of balls is based on the fact we charge 10$ an hour to play pinballs so 10$ credit towards pachinko is right, it's is working well so far and we're not even open yet. The sad part is I had one person hit large on Superman and I told them they would not get the prize award, it was right then they gave me the card back and bought the paid card instead, then they won smaller later in the day. I am using counters for a selfish reason, I have a scale I could use if I had to but it's not that good, instead I have a 1000 ball measuring pitcher for an emergency. The ball counters drain out the back, the back connects to a tube which dumps into ball supply, this means we only have to lift 2000 balls one time, my staff is like me as in neither one of us can lift over 20 lbs without severe medical complications, I'm the worst so this way I have a way to keep myself on the job. The counter I have in the rolling chassis is the main one, it's a nacol supercounter it looks like it counts 600 balls a second, it prints a ticket after each dump so I don't have to prove what was dumped, the little issue I have is it uses 60mm thermal paper which is a Japan only product, I was lucky to find 24x rolls on ebay for $19.99 since it's 80$ for the same thing shipped. Then if the Nacol dies, I have a Hypercounter 2100 Tabletop as backup, it's slow and it drains out the side, if I ever crash I'll have to quickly build a drain connector.. This weekend I have Friday all day and Saturday all day at the arcade, I'll be giving you a call during the downtime...
    Peace, Dan

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to danno66

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is some great new machines here in Japan now. I'm really looking forward to having someone to go to the parlors with. Although you don't win too much on the 1 yen machines, it's cool to go to the 1 yen parlors because it's so cheap to play and you get the entertainment and it's a good way to see the machines you really want to add to your parlor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh Yes, I've been thinking about going over there, it will be fun and I really want to check what's out there, if I can see what machines they have it will help me make educated decisions when it comes time to rotate the machines, right now I'm just guessing and going by names of things which I know, not exactly a great way to do it. I'll let you know as soon as my plans are in order...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Almost forgot, after weeks of doddling around and fighting off evil problems, I can now say my Parlor is up and running full steam. Today was our first day, we opened at noon and had 4 people right off, all looks great. As bad as my websites are, know that they will be replaced, they're the low man on the totem pole of duties. www.pasadenapachinko.com and www.club1609.com Saturday we're open all day although I am offsite till after 6PM tomorrow (just tomorrow). On Monday I send out the form letters to all the people who signed up, I need to pull the list and write the letter... I really hope this goes well and at least for now, I can say a few people have really been having a good time. Dan

16. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to danno66

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am looking forward to showing ome decent parlors. One parlor I go to in Yokohama has their ball system overt the machines in the open. Next time I go illl take a few photos. The ball system is really well designed. They pretty much have one big ball litter in the center of a row of machines and a little rampls and side ramps that go to each machine's hopper. On top of that, they have rails at the top of each ball lifter that go to different rows too, so no machine is ever empty.

Prepare for the noise if you are not used to hojw loud parlors can be, but I'm sure you already know. Off the top of your head, is there any machines you are already interested in trying? I just played the new fists of the north Star machine. That one had some great effects to it.

How did your official first parlor day go? Which machines were the players favorite? Hope all is well with the parlor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh heck yes, I'm so psyched about going to Japan. I hear golden week starts Friday, that's really cool, USA could learn from Japan, we're lucky if we get 4 days every 2 years. I'd love to see the overhead ball processing system, I have an idea in mind but anything would help, mine uses a big slow rotating electromagnet to shuffle balls around, the gutters have side mounted magnets to pulse when there's a jam, it's a premade system and supposedly very reliable but I'm having to over engineer to support it so maybe custom made would work better. I wanna check out the horror based pachinko machines, I heard theres a new Dracula and a few monster related ones, also Silent Hill (but its an older one probably long gone). I love anything with effects, City Hunter looks amazing, when I see them for sale I'm gonna buy one. The first day was great, the third day had lines!! I was thrilled, this is what we need, if I can keep it this way I'll start building out sooner. I was shocked, the most favorite machines to me are: 1. Transformers 2. Avengers 3. Superman but customers like 1. Superman 2. The Ring 3. Star Wars, they all get played so it's doing well, I wanna put Jaws it's a shark where The Ring is but not yet.

Have Fun -- Dan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not gonna lie, the newer ones by Fuji are pretty intense in terms of horror. CR Another is a pretty good game, their newer ring ones. The elevator one is creepy, when a fever hits sometimes it does a jump scare. Would love to see a few pics of your active parlor. Hope the business is going well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not gonna lie, the newer ones by Fuji are pretty intense in terms of horror. CR Another is a pretty good game, their newer ring ones. The elevator one is creepy, when a fever hits sometimes it does a jump scare. Would love to see a few pics of your active parlor. Hope the business is going well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is CR another. I really like this one in terms of theme and gameplay. https://youtu.be/zbdoM7Wgaos

also the other one I was talking about.
    https://www.fujimarukun.co.jp/produc...ine/s_juon/sp/
    Last edited by Goobie777; 05-01-2017 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have that Bruce Lee model. It's my favorite modern machine👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I went to Mall of America and passed by Masu. Took some pics of their 3 machines. Thought you guys would want to take a look.
    Attachment 68442Attachment 68443Attachment 68444Attachment 68445
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie777 View Post
    Here is CR another. I really like this one in terms of theme and gameplay. https://youtu.be/zbdoM7Wgaos

also the other one I was talking about.
    https://www.fujimarukun.co.jp/produc...ine/s_juon/sp/

You should watch the Anime if you have not BUT beware umbrella's.... Do NOT watch if you SQUEAMISH etc. all it WILL bother you... I only posted the link before but There is ample warning given now... so BEWARE if you click...

I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

24. The following user says "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWLion View Post
    You should watch the Anime if you have not BUT beware umbrella's.... Do NOT watch if you SQUEAMISH etc. all it WILL bother you... I only posted the link before but There is ample warning given now... so BEWARE if you click...
    ...and that was a perfectly good umbrella

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow!! I want an Another machine now, I'm gonna expand sooner rather than later, so many good machines and no place to put them (this is a serious statement not being funny)..

My first week has been consistently busy, I really wanna go over to Japan and do some machine hunting before I get completely inundated with the expansion.

Here's a pic of how we were last weekend, all night we handed out small prizes and had one big one, people had a blast..
    busy.jpgbusy.jpg

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to danno66

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have around 20 now and they do take up a LOT of space...lol
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast