Quote Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
Thank you so much for the wiring diagram!

New to the board, but I was taking my pachinko machine apart and putting it back together for fun when I was 12. I just did my first actual fix up of a completely non-working machine, though. I made a few modifications, and one-the-spot new parts, so it wasn't a restoration. I'm more interested in functioning machines than pristine machines, which probably makes me a heretic. Anyway, I have worked on engines in the Army, and computers for a charity that made whole computers out of donated machines and parts, and gave them to non-profits and low-income families.

I also worked on my own projectors when I used to show movies in college.

A note on alcohol. I used to clean projectors (films are often very dirty) and computers that had been sitting, with 1:1 alcohol and distilled water (distilled has very little conductivity, or potential to grow bacteria), and would run a fan at low to help with evaporation. I came here just now hoping to find out if alcohol is OK for cleaning the machine, because I have a spot with some very mild mold growth. I don't want to use bleach or ammonia (obviously), and I don't think hydrogen peroxide will do the trick. Alcohol will kill it, I think; mixing it with distilled water ought to lessen any corrosive tendencies, and running a fan should evaporate it, I think, to there won't be any warping. I was going to use cotton balls and Q-Tips, for just the right amount of gentle abrasion. What do people think?
Glad to see you made it over here and got your first post.