Thread: Lookee Lookee what I found

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Lookee Lookee what I found

A friend of mine brought out this relic he had in his garage and I almost fell over. It's a good thing that it was raining because then he could not see the puddle of drool rolling down my face.

Technically it was given to his daughter, but she has not had anything to do with it, but this prevents him from outright giving it up.

I took some pics, told him I would get back to him with a date and a "fair" value of the machine as it stands.

My initial diagnosis was that it looks to be a early to mid sixties Nishijin single shot Model A recycler. I am leaning more to the early sixties because of the modified Masamura Guage as seen by the upper payout holes on the playing field and the modified pin layout.

It also has only one tulip which means tulips were not that prevalent.

If someone (like Max) could look at the pix and let me know two things.

1. Year and make of the machine.
    2. Fair value of the unit so I can give my friend a fair price.

I'm itching to get this thing working...

Thanks

Will.

IMAG0152.jpgIMAG0153.jpg
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Lookee Lookee what I found

interesting frame

nice machine i would say early 60's
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well what you have there is a 1969 Nishijin Single Shot (partridge family). I have never seen a background like that before with red on the outside and the normal graphic in the middle. Did it look like someone painted on the red?

As for value... I'm not the greatest on that. I'd say anywhere from $50-75. Some nicer pics might make it look nicer because right now the lighting is poor making the machine look poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 machines and counting...

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was in his van in the dark, so I really had a hard time with lighting. I could not tell if it was hand painted or not. Really poor lighting.

I'm shocked it's a late 60's model. I thought they had added the auto-feed trays to the front by 69.

Actually the playfield elements are identical to this model (except for color), but Vintage Pachinko only dates it to the 60's and does not give an exact date:
    VP0111-01 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Looking at the pix, it looked as if someone did paint the playfield. That's a shame. Now it almost makes it imperative that I replace the playing field and I don't have the tools or the facilities in my apartment to attempt that level of restoration.

Still it might be a nice pickup to see if I can get it running again.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

7. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have one similar to that but the pockets are all metal. Anything with plastic side packets is bound to be a bit newer, but Tulips have been around for awhile.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What threw me off is I thought autofeed came earlier. I read up on some history at Pachinko Planet and learned that although auto feeders were developed in the 50's they were forbidden on "15" jackpot machines until Japan lifted the restriction in 69. That's why nearly all 60's machines were single feed. Some 69's were retrofitted with auto feeders but they really didn't make a strong appearance until 70. That was also the time that the autofeeders were limited to 100 balls a minute. The ones in the 50's could shoot upwards to 180 to 200 balls a minute. So when the autofeeders were re-introduced they were restricted down to 100 balls a minute and that restriction holds true even for today's modern machines.

I offered my friend 50 bucks for it. We'll see where it goes from there. I plan to clean it up and make sure the mechanics work first, and then I may actually do a playfield replacement on it. That red border around the playing field is pretty butt ugly.

If that goes well, I may risk taking apart my 71 to replace it's field. But if I try it, I'll try it on the single shot one first. I'm not sure how fun it is to play to load each ball individually through a small hole.

We'll see.