Thread: New to this and need some help, Please.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question New to this and need some help, Please.

Just acquired an Olympia Excellence Edition "Twist" machine. It does not power up completely. The lights in the bottom portion of the door come on and the speakers "hum" and that is all it does. Is there anything I can try to get the top lights, music, digital displays and reels to work, or do I need to take it somewhere to be repaired? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rudy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to this and need some help, Please.

Hello and Welcome

Pics ALWAYS help !!!

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

3. The following user says "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes pics are a great help

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

Pictures would be a big help. However, starting out, I would begin by checking all the connections and fuses.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd try a "Hard Reset" of the machine. Plus check/reset all connections as Card Shark suggested.

Here some information on how to do a reset and also about your machine.

Olympia Guide 002.jpgOlympia Guide.jpgOlympia Guide 001.jpgOlympia Guide 003.jpgOlympia Guide 004.jpgOlympia Guide 006.jpgOlympia Guide 007.jpgOlympia Machine.jpgOlympia Error codes.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: New to this and need some help, Please.

Slot 3.jpgSlot 1.jpgSlot 2.jpg

Here are the pics of the machine. There is one LED lit up on the mother board, it is LED7. The others light up around it when I push the gaming buttons, but this stays on. Also, in the upper left corner, there is a little green light blinking. The digital displays are not showing anything. I'm not sure about the "Hard Reset", I checked the 10amp fuse, it was fine. I heard there were some 1amp fuses but am not sure where they are. Also checked the connections and they seem to be fine. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mdrudy1125 View Post
    I'm not sure about the "Hard Reset"
    Hi There

Welcome to PachiTalk

You may have already tried the resets but just in case, here's the Link to a post with the Full (Hard) Reset procedure (includes odds setting as part of the routine)

error help!!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I have tried this but because there are no numbers displayed on any of the read outs, I don't believe it is doing any thing.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to mdrudy1125

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am thinking that it is a bad connection or fuse. I will look over your photos later today to see if I can help locate the other fuses for you. With the connections, it is a good idea to pull them and check all the pins then re-seat the connections.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have pulled the connections and taken the machine almost completely apart. Cleaned the dust out and put it back together with no luck. The only other fuse I found was on the side of the reels, I tested it with a continuity meter and it is fine. Is there any wiring schematic or information on what should be lit on the MB and what the green blinking light is on the smaller board in the upper left?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well... I have a quick suggestion... have you tested the voltage coming out of the supply transformer? Its not like those break very often, but its possible you don't have one with the right specs. Should be around 24vac... up to 28? down to 22-ish???

(Just a dumb thought... if it had a 220 to 24 v transformer, you'd have insufficient voltage...)
    Woof!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mdrudy 1125
    There is one LED lit up on the mother board, it is LED7. The others light up around it when I push the gaming buttons, but this stays on. Also, in the upper left corner, there is a little green light blinking.

During normal operating conditions, led 7 should always be lit and there should be a blinking green light, in a separate control box, on the left side of the case. Sounds like this is what you have. That's good!

Do led's 3,5,6,8 and 10 lit up when you push the Max Bet, the three stop buttons and pull on the spin lever?

All of these buttons, the spin lever and the two led displays for Win and Credits are powered by a large wiring harness that runs from the motherboard to the circuit board on the door.

If you are getting led's to light on the motherboard, by pushing the buttons and spin lever, then we know part of this harness is working. You'll have to figure out why the rest of it isn't. Could be a bad connection or corroded pin,(discolored), or a broken wire in the harness. You could remove it at both ends and check each pin for continuity. This wiring harness is what I'd concentrate on.

As far as fuses. There are only two. One is a 10amp in the power supply and the other is a 1amp in the stop board,(left of the reels).

No schematics or information are available for these machines. That's one of the reasons sites like this exist. Hopefully with the great members here we can figure this thing out.
    Twist.jpg
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 12-20-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK... another dumb question. Well... not so dumb... when I got my pachislo it sat there doing nothing for about 20 mins until I looked at the picture on this site and figured out what the second key was for...

And looking at your pictures... I can't really see a key sticking out of the power box. You have one?

Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post

Do led's 3,5,6,8 and 10 lit up when you push the Max Bet, the three stop buttons and pull on the spin lever?

If you are getting led's to light on the motherboard, by pushing the buttons and spin lever, then we know part of this harness is working. You'll have to figure out why the rest of it isn't. Could be a bad connection or corroded pin,(discolored), or a broken wire in the harness. You could remove it at both ends and check each pin for continuity. This wiring harness is what I'd concentrate on.

Twist.jpg

I have checked the harness and it seems that each wire has continuity. Yes, I am getting those LED's to light when the buttons are pressed. I do not see any discolorization on any of the pins or sockets. Any other suggestions of what I can try?