Thread: Gamera High Grade Video Problem Fix I found.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Gamera High Grade Video Problem Fix I found.

Posted about this today in another Thread which I will Link this Thread to. If you own a Gamera with a problem of the display going dark but you can still see the Display (Barely) in the Back round, this may help you till we can identify the bad Capacitors, locate new ones and replace them. The First video I did had a bad camera angle that reflected the overhead room light onto the screen. I tried another one about 15 minuets later but the Display on the Pachi still worked. Waited about an hour and tried again and sure enough the Display was Dark.

This "Fix" I discovered will only work (so far for me) if the Display is dark but you can actually see the video on the screen. (best view to see it is by looking at the screen on an angle. Not straight
    on. I found his "Fix" while troubleshooting an AutoSlot I installed in Gamera.

Hope this Helps other Gamera Owners that are having this Problem... (set the Video to 480p for the best display).

72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gamera High Grade Video Problem Fix I found.

Hi and thanks for that video NIT ! What I think is happening by shutting the machine off while the reels are spinning, is that you are inducing the capacitors to quickly and fully discharge.
    Unfortunately this trick will not work on my machine but it does bring the screen up for a second or two. I noticed that my reel lights do not seem to go black as fast as yours do when you turn the machine off. This may be yet another clue that my caps are now beyond hope.

Your machine 1.2 seconds to dim

My machine 2.3 seconds to dim
    Last edited by rockston; 11-15-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gamera High Grade Video Problem Fix I found.

If you all ever need an odd capacitor or two... I just found a new hole-in-the-wall electronics surplus shop near my office that has a whole aisle of big electrolytic caps. I love digging through the place (being the Silicon Valley native dork I am), so if you send me a pic and specs I may go searching next lunchtime. The stuff is cheap enough that it may be worth it just to give it a shot replacing them...
    Woof!

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize